Categories > TV > House

A Moment of Intimacy

by seldra 1 review

House/Chase. SLASH. House hogs the covers.

Category: House - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gregory House,Robert Chase - Published: 2007-11-04 - Updated: 2007-11-04 - 527 words - Complete

1Funny
Title: A Moment of Intimacy
Author: seldra
Fandom: House M.D.
Pairing: House/Chase (established relationship)
Rating: PG-13 at the most
Disclaimer: House M.D. is owned by David Shore and FOX TV.
Summary: House hogs the covers. Short and fluffy.
Notes: 'tis my fourth fic written for the "10 Snuggles" challenge on LiveJournal and the first one to actually contain the word "snuggling." The prompt was "blankets."




“It’s cold.”

“It’s /winter/,” House growled. “Now shut up, I have clinic duty in the morning.”

Chase rolled his eyes, grabbing the edge of the blanket. “Yeah, like you’d show up anyways.” The covers proved impossible to wrestle from House’s grasp. He sighed. “You could share the blanket.”

“And you could go home.”

He huffed indignantly – and resisted the urge to kick House right in his bad leg. Instead he drew himself closer, nuzzling the back of House’s neck.

The older man shuddered and tried to shrug him off. “Stop that. You’re freezing.”

“Because someone won’t share the covers!”

House finally turned to look at him. “Why do you do this?”

“I’m trying to get you to share the covers.”

“Well too bad. You can’t have them. They’re /mine/.”

“God, what are you, seven?”

“Why did you stay?”

“We’re lovers. We should be able to spend one night together without killing each other.”

House rolled his eyes and turned away from Chase. “Whatever. I’m not sharing the covers. You want to stay you’re going to have to suffer.”

Chase gritted his teeth and counted to ten. It was a wonder House had ever had a relationship longer than a one-night stand.

He wrapped his arms around House’s waist, snuggling against his back. He felt his lover tense uncomfortably and couldn’t help smirking.

“I’m not – cuddling!” House said, spitting the word out like it left a bad taste in his mouth.

“Of course you’re not,” Chase said, resting his head against House’s shoulder and kissing his jaw. His fingers snuck beneath House's shirt.

“I – stop that! Your feet are like ice! Fine! You want the covers? Take them!”

Chase shook his head and sat up, readjusting the blankets. He was barely able to keep from laughing. House was lying on his back, glaring up at him.

When he lay down again, he curled up against House’s chest. He liked the way he fit there, and the sound of House’s heart pounding steadily beneath his ear.

“I said no cuddling.”

“It’s warmer this way.”

“You’re annoying.”

“Go to sleep.”

He was quiet for a minute. Chase could feel his own heart pounding in time with House’s. It wasn’t fair that this one moment of genuine intimacy should make them both so nervous. But he liked the feeling of having House right there. And even if House’s arms weren’t exactly holding him, they weren’t pushing him away, either.

“Your hair smells like flowers,” House said, breaking the silence. “Whatever girly shampoo you're using, stop it.”

Chase sighed. It was going to be a long night.



END
Sign up to rate and review this story