Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > The Synthoid Conspiracy

Chapter III

by Soundwave 0 reviews

Cobra's plans against GI Joe take shape

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Cobra Commander,Destro,Duke,Scarlett - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 2146 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter III

//: Denotes flashback

Priss gritted her teeth as she completed was her last rep in the bench press, she was benching her max, 150 lbs. Cover girl act as her spot, bringing the bar back up, Cover Girl guided it back onto the holder. Getting up, Priss stretched her out muscles to reduce soreness. Cover Girl couldn’t help looking at her friend’s body; Priss physique was a very deceptive one, very feminine, yet she was muscular in a very lean way, but she was also very strong for a woman of her build. Priss usually had Cover Girl along as her work out partner, and she needed her now than ever, after the last couple of sorties. Acting on intelligence handed down from Col. Sharp, the Knight Sabers raided several Cobra installations only to find they have been deserted for some time. Then somehow it was fault of the Knight Sabers, in the all time she has known Sylia, she has never seen her boss on the verge of her blowing stack!

Picking a bottle of water, Priss poured it over her head and face, washing away the sweat. Why am I staring at her? I mean she’s a woman like me! Cover Girl mentally screamed at herself. Try to think of something else or talk about something to get my mind off these weird thoughts.

As Priss worked out a bit more on the weights, Priss was discussing to her about a new pair of motorcycle rider leathers she bought, how she loved that it fit her almost like a 2nd skin. “Courtney, are you all right? You’re zoning out on me!” Priss remarked, noticing her friend was looking rather awkward.

“Oh,” she chuckled, “I’m sorry,” She followed Priss to the punching bag, the last part of Priss’ workout. Oh god! We had to talk about riding leathers!

Returning back to their quarters, Priss winced a little, her muscles were a bit sore from her workout, and she might have over done it on the punching bag. “Ow! I’m going to be sore for the next couple of days.”

“Well, why don’t you head to your room, and I’ll give you a massage.”

“That sounds great.”

Cover Girl entered into Priss’ room to find the Knight Saber lying in bed on her stomach, in the nude. She started rubbing Priss, legs one by one, feeling the tight knots as she gently rubbed, she looked to her friend who was enjoying it, a relaxed expression came to her face as it rested against her pillow. As she moved up, she worked on Priss’ back and shoulders. By then Priss was giving off moans of complete content. “Hmm, that feels really good.” She sighed.

Continuing to massage her friend, her mind wandered into fantasy about her and Priss. What am I doing?! She screamed to herself. “I got to get out of here!” She exclaimed, starling Priss.

“Courtney, where you’re going?” She asked, grabbing her bathrobe, chasing after her fleeing friend

Cover Girl just ignored her friend as she grabbed her keys and ran out the door. She didn’t stop running until she reached the carport where the personal vehicles own by the Joes were parked. Climbing into her restored Shelby Cobra GT500, she sped off the base as fast as she could and just kept driving. A bit of a smile came to her face, she left her cell phone behind, she wanted to be alone, not to hear from anyone including Priss.

What is happening to me? I feel aroused by another woman? I’ve dated men and had sex with men for god’s sakes, but I feel attracted to this tough, wild woman with a bad attitude and I feel attracted to her. Why? I know we’re friends almost to the point we’re inseparable. We share some of the same interests. I hate the cliché but she’s always coming to my rescue. Yet seeing her body I feel all aroused when I see Priss workout or simply coming out of the shower and she forgot to put on her bathrobe.

“General, what this request of cutting the funding for GI Joe?” A Senator asked, a Republican from Tennessee. ‘Franks’ and ‘Howe’ spoke before the Senate Armed Forces committee.

“The GI Joe unit, Senator, is a drain on our resources. Their funding must be must in half.” ‘Howe’ answered

“General Franks, you have been a strong proponent of GI Joe, since their inception. Given their success, do you think this is wise?”

“Yes, in fact, I’m for disbanding the entire unit.” ‘Franks’ included

Both the House and the Senate, the most liberal factions, which included a Senator from California and the Speaker of House, both women who were the San Francisco area, were deciding the fate of the GI Joe team. The more of moderates and conservatives sided with the President to keep GI Joe on active duty.

“All right Franks! I demand an explanation!” General Hawk demanded, storming into Frank’s office, brushing past the secretary.

‘Franks’ looked up from his work, he was in the middle of personnel transfers, and a stern expression came to his face as he saw the fuming commander of GI Joe before him. “I don’t like your tone, General.”

“Tough shit!” Why has GI Joe’s funding been cut?!”

“Because, I requested it’s funding cut. Our resources can be put to better use.”

“That’s BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT, YOU BASTARD! If I have to, I’ll go straight to the President!”

‘Franks’ reached over his desk pressing a small buzzer. Minutes later, several MPs entered their weapons drawn. “Franks?”

“General Abernathy, you may consider yourself relieved of duty and under arrest.”

The MPs grabbed him and slapped a pair of handcuffs; Hawk was incensed, a proud soldier being arrested with no explanation of the charges against him. He struggled as he was dragged out of Franks’ office. “Lt.” He barked at the MP.

“Sir?”

“Send for Mackenzie Stingray at DARPA.”

General Hawk sat in the dark of his prison cell, he lost track of time. Of that has happen, he had no idea what the hell was going on, but he had a feeling Cobra had to be behind it. The cell door creaked open as someone else was thrown in. “I demand to speak to a lawyer! I have rights!”

The individual slumped to the floor. Hawk recognized the voice, “Hello Mackie.”

“General Abernathy? Its good hear a familiar voice. What’s going on?”

“I have no idea, son, I have no idea.”

“General, what’s going to happen to Sylia?”

Hawk didn’t really think about his answer, he knew Sylia too well. “Knowing your sister, she’ll take whatever steps necessary to safeguard her unit. Tell me why did you get locked up?”

“I refused to hand over the data on the hardsuits, beam weapons or the FAST packs. Now I’m supposedly being charged with treason. Only you and sis have complete access to the data. Plus the data on my computer and at GI Joe headquarters has a fractured encryption code designed by Cypher and damn near impossible to break.”

Leaning over the barrier on the roof of the barracks, Priss quietly sipped her beer and smoked her cigarette. Last night during the massage she was getting from Cover Girl, she had this feeling she couldn’t shake off about her friend. It was the same feeling she had during their confinement and after her confrontation with Cobra Commander in his Zaku. Her mind drifted back to that incident

/Seeing the base coming down around her, Wolf grabbed the unconscious Cover Girl and ran out of the burning base before it came crashing down. /

/Gently placing the tank jockey on the ground, Wolf began performing CPR, when she found out her friend wasn’t breathing. Come on Courtney breath damn it! I don’t want to lose you! Wolf mentally screamed as she kept up with the CPR. After a few minutes, Cover Girl hacked and coughed as she began breathing. “Hey Priss, you look like shit,” Cover Girl weakly smiled. /

/”You ain’t no cover shot of Vogue yourself,” Priss shot back./

Her mind returned to the present, she had genuine feelings for Cover Girl. She’s more than a model with a pretty face; she could handle herself in a fight, not afraid to get her hands dirty, but Priss could see a little of herself in her friend that she found attractive. Taking a deep sigh, she wondered how Cover Girl would react if Priss would confess her feelings; If last night was any indication, I better not say anything. Taking the last sip from her beer can, she casually tossed it over her shoulder and over the side. She heard the can fall, but it hit something beside the ground. “GOD DAMN IT WOLF!” The voice bellowed.

Ah, Beachhead. Bulls-eye. She chuckled.

Finishing the last of her paperwork, Sylia took a moment to compose herself; but she still had this nagging feeling that something wasn’t right. She thought about ignoring it, pass it off as paranoia, but it’s been her experience that it was unwise to dismiss her instincts.

A knocking came to her door. “Its open.”

“Can I talk to you, Sylia?” Nene asked

“Of course,” Sylia replied with a smile, she noticed the dejected look on the young red head’s face. “What’s wrong?”

Taking a seat in front of her CO’s desk, she let off a sigh. “Have you heard anything from your brother recently?”

“Mackie? No, not recently, I assume he’s probably busy.”

“I thought so too. But we would exchange e-mails or IM each other, he would tell me if he were busy. I sent several e-mails with no reply.”

“Hmm.” Sylia started to think, the recent Cobra attack and now Mackie’s gone missing. She no evidence or even a supposition to connect the two; but she did not believe in coincidence. “Nene, I have a job for you.”

“Yes Sylia?”

“I want you to hack into General Franks’ computer, find any information.”

“You suspect something, Sylia?”

“I suspect…myself.”

Nene looked puzzled over Sylia’s cryptic statement. “Nene, tell no one of what you’re doing.” Nene left, leaving Sylia alone.

On the shooting range, Rock ‘n’ Roll approached the supply Sgt. in charge of issuing live rounds for target practice. “Hey Sarge, need some live ammo for target practice.”

The Sergeant came back with only a box containing a few loose 7.62mm bullets. “This is it? You gotta be shittin’ me!”

“Sorry, Rock ‘n’ Roll.”

“This is friggin’ nuts!”

Duke headed for the admin building with Scarlett in tow, he passed by Mutt and Junkyard. The guard happily greeted Duke, which the Joe field commander reached into the bag he was carrying to give Junkyard a rib bone from his dinner last night, he went off base for ribs, and then he handed the rest to Mutt to give Junkyard later. “It doesn’t make sense. I looked over everything possible from Cobra’s recent attack, it still doesn’t make sense.”

“Do terrorist ever make sense? But Cobra would never make an attack unless it held some strategic or tactical purpose.” Duke responded continuing their way to his office.

“Sylia been acting strangle recently.”

“Strange, how?”

“Very cryptic and mysterious.”

“She’s always like that.”

“Yeah, but even for her.” She answered as they entered Duke’s office. Just before he even had a chance to sit down, Ace entered.

“Duke, we’ve got problems.”

“In this nut farm, what else is new?” Duke joked, but Ace was not in a jovial mood.

“Duke, this is serious. We barely have enough jet fuel for one plane to get off the ground.”

Clutch and Blowtorch entered with their own problems. “Duke, we’re out of spare parts, oil and gas!”

“And no propane and napalm for my flamethrower!”

Rising from his chair, he quieted down the Joes. “I’ll get to the bottom of this.”

“Look Sgt., your budget has been cut. You’ll have to make do.”

“Colonel, we can’t function without adequate supplies.” Duke explained, before having the phone taken from by Sylia. “Hey!”

“Col Sharp. Lt. Stingray, put me through to General Abernathy.”

“General Abernathy is unavailable.”

“Make him available.”

“I don’t like your tone, Lt!”

“Well, I’ll just have to make a trip to the Pentagon and to see him myself.”

“Are going over my head, Lt?”

“No sir, just the hole through it.”

“I’ll forget your comments when General Franks makes his inspection tomorrow, Lt.” Sharp hung up

“An inspection, interesting.” Sylia noted, after hanging up the receiver.
Sign up to rate and review this story