Categories > Cartoons > G.I. Joe > The Synthoid Conspiracy

Chapter IX

by Soundwave 0 reviews

Category: G.I. Joe - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Destro,Duke,Scarlett - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1697 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter IX

“Follow me if you will” Destro said leading the Joes out of C&C outside of the main building only to see ‘Franks’ with an entire army with armor support included. “Do you believe now?”

“Oh it so nice to be wanted!” Wolf quipped.

“Yeah, but not that wanted! I won’t look good with an extra hole in my head!” Dagger responded.

“We can’t surrender!” Flint said

“Yeah, we ain’t even French!” Wolf quipped again.

“Can it, all of you!” Grey Fox snarled, the situation just went from worse to shot to hell, and sideline comments were not helping.

“You must fly to my private island in the Caribbean. I’ll provide you with the coordinates.”

“You have one minute left before we commence fire!” ‘Franks’ ordered.

“Get to the hanger!” Fox ordered

At the hanger, Matilda got into the pilot’s seat, just as Wild Bill finished warming up the engines in the co-pilot’s seat. “Let’s get out of here!”

“Roger that Lt.” Wild Bill replied to Matilda.

“Fire!” Franks ordered. Tanks and Self propelled artillery rained steel around the hanger and airfield as the Skystrikers and Medea transport taxied out onto the runway.

“We’ll never make it!” Cypher cried watching the explosions rained around the fighters and transport.

“This will buy you the time you need.” Destro pressed on the medallion hanging from his neck; Destro personally designed it to as a transmitter. Out of the sky multiple UAVs swooped in and landed between the Joes and the Army. Once landed, each drones deployed a pair of antennae extending above the drones. Soon an I-field was deployed. Destro smiled knowing MARS was much farer ahead in Minovsky research than either the US or Cobra. The US has only experimented with the beam rifle and saber; Cobra has developed the mega particle cannon and a crude version of the I-field that was being tested on the Apsalus. MARS managed to develop an I-field that was capable on not only deflecting fire beam weapons but also conventional weapons.

“Continue firing!” From HEAT, to heavy machine, to small arms; fire from the Army punched at the I-field. “The I-field will hold them for a few minutes!”

Pushing on the throttle, the Medea sped down the runway followed by the Skystrikers as the I-field collapsed and the drones destroyed.

“Should we have tem pursued sir?” A colonel asked ‘Franks’ as he watched the Joes escape from his grasp.

‘Frank’ grumbled to himself that the Joes escaped him, and the 2nd time for the Knight Sabers. How was he going to explain this to Berg Katse? But there was a chance to rectify the situation with his other mission. “No we have more important work to attend to.”

Pursued by a Cobra Water Moccasin, Mutt and Junkyard ran through the swamp. From the mangrove, Duke watched as his friend and dog were hunted down, he readied his weapons.

Collapsing against a tree Mutt panted for air, the Vipers on the Water Moccasin trained its weapons of Mutt, but a trio alligators approached on him as well. “Looks like them gators are gonna get a nice, hearty supper!” Cackled Copperhead.

From the swamp’s treeline, several bazooka rounds flew over Mutt’s head killing the alligators. “What the hell!” Copperhead’s yell drown out by machine gun fire ripping through the Vipers, along with their dying screams. He saw the eerie glow of a mono-eye sensor of a Cobra Hardsuit, he didn’t know if it was a Zaku I or II or a variant of the Zaku II.

In the confusion, Junkyard charged for Copperhead. The dog pounced on him with his teeth bearing. “Help! He gonna bite!” He screamed at the approaching HS-06F Zaku II, once it came out of the mangrove.

Grabbing for an AK-47 off a fallen Viper, Mutt pointed it at the Zaku. “Take it easy Mutt! Its me!”

“Duke? You’re operating that Zaku?’ Mutt asked, lowering his rifle recognizing his friend’s voice. “Destro got you too?”

Duke pulled off the helmet to his Zaku. “No, some nut job named Katse. Did you hear about the Synthoids?”

“Syn…which?”

“It’s a long story, Mutt. First let’s get to the Cobra launch base.”


Chapter X

The Joes and Knight Sabers made it to Destro’s Island, now the most important matter was to strike back at Cobra. “All right Destro, we made this far. It’s time you disclose everything you know about our situation.” Grey Fox told the Scotsman, she still did not fully trust Destro, but so far he has shown no signs of treachery.

“Patience, my dear, patience. You’re not in a position to make demands,” Destro politely pointed out to the Knight Saber commander, heading to the villa, “Come in while my crews refuel and arm your planes.”

“Where’s Duke?” Scarlett asked

Dagger only shrugged her shoulders as she followed her commander, only clad in her softsuit, but she kept her long sword with her just in case. Destro made a provision for a storage shed to be set aside for the Knight Sabers’ hardsuits to be stored and recharged, but Grey Fox handled the security. Gung-Ho and Roadblock were to stand guard with explicit instructions that no one except her and the Knight Sabers were allowed near those suits.

Pressing a button his wristwatch, ‘Duke’ activated a communicator. “This is Duke reporting.”

“Duke, what are you doing?” Scarlett asked. ‘Duke’ barely noticed Scarlett and nearly less time to shut off his comlink.

“Uh Scarlett! Uh just checking our fighters. I don’t trust Destro,” ‘Duke’ stammered

Scarlett gave ‘Duke’ a puzzled look. She can deal with Grey Fox being cryptic, but Duke was almost looking for an excuse or something to explain his behavior.

“Yeah Let’s watch him together,”

Walking along the beach of Destro’s island, in the distance Cover Girl could hear the Skystrikers being refueled and rearmed with missiles. She needed some time alone; Cover Girl gazed out onto the open ocean. She felt a little more at ease since Sylia brought the two together to admit their feeling for each other. With Priss around she felt whole, like something she needed in her life, she had to admit to herself, she found Priss’ tough, wild woman personality very attractive, that was only strengthened having Priss’ arms around her. She continued to stare out at the ocean, she found the roar of waves soothing, mulling through her thoughts.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around her waist, “Its beautiful, isn’t it?” She commented about the ocean’s view as she turned around to face Priss, her arms wrapped over Priss’ shoulders, her friend’s arms still around her.

“Yeah, but only half as beautiful as what I’m looking at right now.” Priss smiled at her friend, her words caused Cover Girl to blush.

“Oh, Priss.” She playfully kissed the Knight Saber on the lips. “I was thinking after all this was over, I have a cabin in Colorado, I used to get away from the various pressures in my life. It will be a nice get-away for us. But I just want to take it slow.”

Priss held Cover Girl close to her. “Alright, we’ll take it slow.”

“Mrs. Speaker, the President of the United States!” Announced the Congressional Custodian. Everyone present in the chamber stood to their feet as the President made his way to the podium. “Members of Congress, honored guest, my follow Americans,” the President began his State of the Union, as he outlined the accomplishments made during his term in office; the sounds of loud explosions and gunfire could be heard from the outside of the chamber. Secret Service agents surrounded the President with sub machine guns drawn for his protection.

The doors blew open from C-4 charges and heavily armed soldiers stormed the chambers holding the Senators and Congressmen at gunpoint. “General ‘Franks’ walked in. “Franks, what is the meaning of this!” The President demanded.

“Silence, we’re assuming control of the United States Government, Synthoid!” He told the President. The military was led to believe the entire government was taken over by Synthoids. Only 4 of them and look at the havoc they have wrought.

To Grey Fox, this whole business with Synthoids reminded her of a two part story arc on Deep Space Nine, where the Federation’s fear of the Founders nearly led to a military coup by a high ranking Starfleet Admiral. But as far as she knew the Synthoids were not Changelings. Cypher hacked into the military’s communications network, so the coup had begun. Fox had a feeling there would be resistance in both the military and civilian population. She withdrew from her thoughts to get back to matters she can do something about.

“The Cobra base is right about here.” Destro pointed to the location on the map, just north of the Lesser Antilles. “But it could possibly be a trap.”

“Trap or not, we’re going,” Scarlett answered

“There is one thing you must know first, something I neglected to tell you. One of you is a Synthoid.”

Looks of shock appeared on the Joes faces, the thought of one of their own was a Synthoid, unthinkable as Destro gave his revelation, with the exception of Grey Fox; who had her suspicions but she did not want to show her hand until all the other players laid their cards on the table.

“They what?” Berg Katse questioned ‘Franks’ with disbelief in his voice, the operation was going so well, even though the Joes shouldn’t have pose too much a threat, but Katse was very cautious at what he does. “What of the Synthoid Duke?”

“He tried to contact me once and broke off communication.” ‘Franks’ reported.

Terminating communications on his end, Katse mulled through his thoughts, Joes couldn’t have escaped without outside help, the question remained who and how much help was this person providing. “Lt. sound yellow alert, then open a secure line to Cobra Intelligence and Internal Security on Cobra Island.”

“Yes Commander Katse.”
Sign up to rate and review this story