Categories > Original > Drama > Lola

Think Like A Gun

by Sammy_Brutal07 0 reviews

Tyler Abandons Gwen..

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 670 words

0Unrated
I met up with Gwen at a small coffee shop down in the Catonsville district. I had stopped by my place on the way, picking up a few things before meeting her. My mother had cleared some things up for me, and my purpose was absolute.

Gwen was sitting at a small table, some guy was talking to her, trying to flirt it up. Gwen seemed a little put off by his advances, he was trying too hard. I walked up to them, leaning over and kissing Gwen on the lips.

"Hey hon, thanks for waiting," I said, cutting off the bastards advances.

I heard him mumble to himself and saunter away, a feeling of defeat cloaking his shoulders.

"Don't think you and me are cool again Tyler, cause we're not," Gwen said coldly, not looking up from her cup of coffee.

"Yeah, I Know, and I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm here to say a few things before I go."

Gwen looked up at me, a concerned look on her face, but it didn't last long, "Oh.".

She offered me some coffee, but I refused, telling her I had to be leaving soon and that I'd pick some up later. She nodded, still not looking at me.

"I can pay.." she said softly as she stared at her fidgeting hands.

"Thank you, but no. Look, just hear me out for a moment okay?"

She looked up at me, her eyes still sad looking, but she managed a faint smile at me, her way of saying yes.

"I'm an asshole, and I'm not saying that just to make you feel better. I tend to do stuff on impulse. I guess I'm so used to following the rules, and doing everything in a certain way with certain rules, I become an asshole at certain points," I said, leaning forward, my hands clasped together in front of her.

"This doesn't excuse you from what you did. I, oh nevermind." she said with frustration.

"I know that, and I'm not proud of what I did. I just want to set things straight with you before I go. I want you to not hate me for the rest of your lfie."

She looked up at me, curious as to what I was talking about.


"I know that my mother hyped me up to be this amazing wonderful guy who would make all your wildest dreams come true, that I was this saviour of sorts who didnt make any mistakes, or get out of line. I'm not that person, and I'm sorry. But right now, there are some things I need to sort out, and handle before I can move on with my life. I never meant to drag you into it, and I wish we had met at a different place, at a different time, it's just-"

"I love you."

I was speechless, not only from being interrupted, but also from what she had just said.

"You don't mean that, honestly Gwen," I said, trying to rebound from the shock.

"Yes I do, I mean it. I don't know why, and I can't explain it, but I feel this deep yearning and longing to be with you. My father once told me that if you feel a deep longing for someone, and you can't stand to be away from them, you are in love."

I wanted to counter her statement, because it sounded more like infatuation to me. That philosphy only works if the other person feels the same way, which I didn't.
This meeting was already turning sour by the minute, every word and thought was warping this into a discussion of deeper elements that shouldn't be presented or brought up.

"You hardly know me," I said softly, looking away from her with bitterness.

"I know enough about you. You hardly know me, and that is okay. It justifies any timid feelings you have, and I think it's only fair I share myself with you," she said plainly.

I sighed, "Yeah, okay. Shoot."
Sign up to rate and review this story