Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love Knows No Age

It's Not Fair - NOV 9

by AlexSanDee 3 reviews

Liv feels that Monica has the life she always wanted.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2007-11-10 - Updated: 2007-11-10 - 1069 words

0Unrated
"Frank told me this moring" Jamia said while munching on a carrot stick. "But I wanted to wait to call until I was sure they had gotten home. I didn't want to spoil the surprise"
Monica laughed, "That would have been pretty strange if you'd called this morning and asked me how Gee was doing."
"Yeah. So I guess you were pretty surprised when he and Bob showed up?"
"Actually I was downstairs in the "Man Cave" and he snuck up on me." Monica sat down on the sofa. "I'm just so fucking glad he's here."
Jamia held the phone away and yelled, "Alicia, Monica just said fucking."
"What? Say it isn't so." Monica could barely hear her answer.
"Very funny you two" Monica rolled her eyes.
Alicia stood by Jamia "Hey Miss Goody Two Shoes. Watch that language."
"Jamia would you please tell Miss Mouth Like A Trucker to lay off? I can curse like the best of them. I just chose to be ladylike."
Alicia laughed, "What the fuck are you talking about? I don't fuckin' talk like a mother fucker trucker."
Jamia pushed her away, "So, when's Gee gonna talk to Kelly?"
"Actually he went to the school and took her out for the rest of the day. He took her to lunch so they could talk."
"That's nice." Jamia said, "It's so weird the think of Gee as the father of a teenager."
Monica understood Jamia's comment. She had known Gerard a long time and it would seem strange that he was suddenly a father to two older girls, "How about a father to a married woman?"
Jamia laughed, "Yeah, that's even better." She grew serious, "Monica, you and the girls are the best thing that's ever happened to him."
"I still smile when I think back to the first time I met him. Man, he didn't like me." Monica said remembering their first encounter.
"Oh, Frank told me that story. Ray filled him in as soon as he got out of the car. I remember Frankie telling me that Ray said he'd never been so glad to get home. He wanted to get away from the verbal darts you and Gee were shooting at each other."
"Well he started it." Monica laughed. "You know even tho he was being so mean to me I understood it was cause he was worried about his mom taking in a stranger." The day came into focus. She remembered looking in the rearview mirror. "I thought he was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen." She admitted quietly.
"Yeah, he's pretty." Jamia said with a laugh. "So I better let you go. Alicia and I just wanted to check up on you. Don't forget about us, okay?" She lowered her voice and pretended to be whispering so Alicia, who was standing right next to her, couldn't hear "Visit me sometime, please. Alicia's mean to me. Won't let me have ice cream or candy."
Monica giggled, "Okay I'll visit and smuggled in a treat. Thanks for calling guys."


Alicia sat down on the sofa and watched as Jamia lowered herself into the chair, "I'm glad Bob and Gee came home."
"Yeah, but I'm so selfish. When Frank told me what they were doing my first thought was why the hell couldn’t you come home too. At least I didn't say it out loud to him."
"Hey, what do you think I thought when Mikey told me? I really shouldn't complain cause Mikey stayed with me when they went to Europe."
Jamia rubbed her belly; "I'm just setting my sights on July. I want my man and my babies."
They both became lost in thought. It was Alicia who pulled them back to the present, "So what should we do today? I'm tired of sitting in this apartment."
Jamia grinned, "Why don't you get out and go shopping?"
As much as she loved the idea she wasn't prepared to leave her friend behind. "I said what are WE gonna do."
"Look, I know you're bored. I'll be fine by myself."
"Nope, we're in this together. I know. How about a movie?"
Jamia frowned, "I'm not sure I'll fit into one of those movie theatre seats anymore."
Alicia laughed, "Come on, you're not THAT big."
"I feel like I am."
"I'll check on-line and see what's showing." She got up and started towards the computer. Suddenly the room seemed to sway. Luckily she was close enough to the deck that she could steady herself. She closed her eyes and took several deep breaths.
"I'll need to change if we're going out" Jamia said. She had her back to Alicia and couldn't see her.
"Uh, okay." Alicia sat down and waited a moment. Shit, she thought to herself. I can't be sick now. She took another deep breath and pulled up the movie page.


"And they lived happily ever after." Liv closed the storybook. "Now next time you can read it to me."
Elle giggled, "Me's don't wead mommy." She scooted off her mom's lap. "We go to the pawk?"
Liv sighed, "Baby, mommy's tired. Why don't you color me a picture?"
Elle frowned, "Me's don't wanna."
Closing her eyes a moment Liv suddenly wished for a backyard. The park was nice but it was eight blocks away. If they had a backyard Elle could go out and play in the sunshine. Suddenly she frowned realizing she was picturing Gee and Monica's backyard in her mind. They had such a beautiful yard and she and Elle had....."
"Mommy" Elle's voice brought her back to the present. "Me's go to Mommyca's?"
"Baby, it's too late today. Maybe tomorrow. We'll call Monica in the morning. Okay?"
Elle frowned but didn't whine. "Otay, mommy." She picked up the book they had just finished reading. Liv tried to hide her smile as she watch Elle turn the pages and "read" to herself. When she got to the last page she said loudly, "theys wived happy eber after." She looked quite please with herself.
Liv felt tears of frustration form in her eyes. It was hard not to scoff at the line. There was no such thing as ‘Happily Ever After’ as far as she was concerned. At least there wasn't for her. Monica had the ‘Happily Ever After’. She had the beautiful house and family. She had Gee. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair.
Sign up to rate and review this story