Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Back To The Future

A Table-Tennis Ball

by GoogleGeek 3 reviews

Playgrounds and pregnant people.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-11-10 - Updated: 2007-11-10 - 1384 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pete poked his head out of the bus window and glared at the kissing couple. It was the following day and Pete was impatiently waiting for the bus to drive off and take them to Texas. But, the bus driver couldn't really drive off until Patrick got on the bus. Well, he could but then they'd be missing a lead singer and that really wouldn't work.

"Hurry up!" Pete called. "No offense, Amy, but we like, really have got to go." he added before ducking back into the bus.

Patrick sighed as he gaze left the bus and turned back to Amy. "I have to go." he said softly, squeezing her hands.

"I know." she replied, her tone of voice matching Patrick's.

"Are you going to drive back by yourself?" he asked, concerned.

"My brother's going to come get me." she rolled her eyes. "'Cause it's so far away." she added sarcastically.

Patrick smiled and pulled her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her belly. "I'll see you soon, alright?"

"Yeah." she agreed, kissing his cheeks. "I love you."

"Love you too." he let go of her and slowly stepped up onto the tour bus. He gave her a wave before closing the door and jumped in.

"Sorry about that." Patrick said, glancing around the bus. It seemed weird because instead of having Lana with them they had Mel.

Andy shrugged. "It's cool." He gulped as he felt like a table-tennis ball getting hit with a pang of misery. His tried to concentrate his thoughts on something other than Caitlin.

"No offense, but she is huge!" Joe stated with bulging eyes while rummaging through the almost empty cookie box.

"Uhh, that's what normally happens to pregnant people." Andy replied simply.

"Oh, I know." added Joe. "I just thought I should point it out."

Pete stared at him with an odd expression. He was going to shoot back with a witty and somewhat mean comment but decided against it. The 'lets make fun at Joe's stupidity' jokes were beginning to get a little old. Instead he turned back to Patrick. "Did you know she was coming?"

"Nah," a tiny smile crept onto his face. "But, I'm glad she did."

"Kids will change your fucking life." Andy said, nodding to prove his point. "But, in a good way."

Joe's mouth hung open. "How come your allowed to say fuck but I'm not?"

Andy rolled his eyes. "Cam's in the back watching a movie. It's not my fault you didn't realize."

"Fuck yay, I'm staying here." Joe replied grinning.

"What movie's he watching?" asked Mel.

Andy shrugged. "I don't know."

"I might just go sit with him." she replied standing up and then walking away.

"You going to follow her?" Pete asked Joe, fighting back his smiling. He knew he wasn't going to be mean but he couldn't help it.

Joe frowned. "No..." he looked around at all their smirking faces. "Yes!" he replied, jumping up and following Mel to the back.

"What are we watching?" he asked closing the door behind him. But, even with his back facing the T.V he could still recognize the voices.

"I don't know." Cameron replied, watching the screen. "It looked like Batman but then I put it on and it wasn't Batman. It's better then Batman though 'cause they use bad words in it."

Joe chuckled as he settled down on the couch next to Mel. "I haven't seen this in ages." he said ending with a sigh.

"What is this? It's looks familiar." she asked. She didn't look disgusted, which Joe found was a good sign.

He handed her the 'Release The Bats' DVD case that had been placed on the couch next to him.

"You know what?" she studied the case while a smile grew on her face. "I think I've seen this before."

Joe laughed. "I should go get the others." he said before racing off into the other room.

He came back with Andy, Patrick and Pete following him. "What do you want?" Andy asked before doing a double-take.

Pete jumped onto the couch happily as his smile grew wide. "We have to put it back to the start!" he said, his eyes shining with excitement.

**- An Hour Later, Still On The Bus.

Joe dragged Cameron to the front of the bus. "Go." he whispered, standing behind him.

Cameron anxiously looked away from Joe and tapped on the bus driver's shoulder. "Excuse me, mister," he started still remembering to be polite even though he was a bottle of nerves. "Could we maybe ,umm, stop at that playground up ahead?

The driver grunted. "Sure kid." he said in a deep,gruff voice keeping his eyes on the road. "Gives me some time to take a smoke." he added, under his breath.

Cameron smiled as he turned back to Joe. "You're on!"

Joe shook his head. "Oh, you're going down."

"No, you are!"

"No,you are!"

"No, you are, infinity!"

Joe's eyes closed together as he hesitated. "What's better then infinity?" he mumbled, taping his bearded chin.

"No, you are, infinity plus one!" Cameron replied, not skipping a beat as the bus slowed to a halt.

The door's opened wide as the driver stepped out and stretched his tired arms. Cameron then went running out and beat Joe onto the playground.

"Hey Pete," Joe asked as they walked off the bus. "Can you cover for me?"

"Cover for you for what?"

"I promised Cam I'd play some game with him." he explained. "Can you just like play until I get back?

"Why can't you go?"

"Because, I have things to do." he replied, nodding his head.

"Does these things involve you getting wasted?" Pete asked annoyed.

"Could be, could be."

Pete rolled his eyes. "Do I have to?"

"I'll go." Patrick called, walking up next to them.

"Really?" Joe asked.

"Yeah," he shrugged. "I'm going to have to get used to all these games some day." he said, smiling.

"Oh trust me, they're loads of fun." Andy said sarcastically as Patrick raced off to join Cameron. Pete climbed back onto the bus as did Andy.

Joe glanced around as Mel talked to the bus driver. She coughed as he lit up another cigarette.

"Hey." he smiled.

"Hi." she returned the smile as the driver angrily walked somewhere else.

"So, what you getting up to later?" he hinted, raising an eyebrow but Mel didn't notice.

"Um, well, nothing really. It depends if Cameron goes straight to sleep or what not. So yeah, nothing."

"Oh, same here." he agreed, nodding. "I mean, I've got nothing on either, you know."

"Don't you guys have a show?" she asked, confusedly.

"Oh yeah, yeah." he said, thankful that his cheeks weren't going pink. "I meant like you know after the show, I'm not doing anything."

"Alright, cool." she nodded.

A silent moment passed as they watched Patrick chase after Cameron. Joe fake a cough and moved in closer. "So, I was wondering if you know, maybe after tonight's show we could like, go out to dinner or see a movie or something? You know?" he gave a hopeful smile as he looked into Mel's deep chocolaty eyes.

She turned her head away as she looked down at her shoes. "Joe, you're a really nice guy." she said, kicking a rock away. "You're sweet and funny and you've got all that hyper-activity about you that not most guys have. But.." Joe groaned when he heard the 'but'. "I already have a boyfriend."

"Oh." Joe's gaze darted down at the road too. "Oh you know, that's cool and everything." he added, quickly. "I mean, yeah that's cool." He looked back at the playground equipment. "I'm going to go join them."

"O.K,alright, bye." she waved as he raced off.

"Hey Patrick." he said, quietly.

"Joe," Patrick sniffed the air next to him. "You're not high?"

"Nah," he replied. He definitely wasn't high at all, he was pretty much the complete opposite. He felt like a table-tennis ball getting panged across the table. It sucked.

_


A/N:

Meh, this chapter's not so great. But, somebody who is great is XxIceCreamHeadachexX because she lives some of the nicest reviews. And, throughout me writing this chapter I had a gazillion headaches. Anyway, she's awesome.
Sign up to rate and review this story