Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lucy's Holiday (and FOB!)

In Hospital

by fob2adelaide 3 reviews

Patrick is unconscious and Lucy and Pete are anxious for him to awake from this deep sleep. Will he wake up?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-11-17 - Updated: 2007-11-17 - 601 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's note: Exams coming up soon so sorry if the next chapter takes a while to be published. Will try my best though to write it and get it up quickly. Thankyou for reading this far into my story and please review this chapter. Reviews make my day!

Lucy was looking out of a large hospital window at the enormous skyscrapers outside. They made her feel miniscule. Her eyes were transfixed on them and they only moved when Pete tapped her on the shoulder. She slowly looked around at him, “Any news?” She asked with a tired voice. It was 11 o’clock at night and Patrick still hadn’t woken from his unconsciousness. Pete shook his head and placed an oversized coffee next to her. “You need it,” He said in a concerned voice. She had been refusing fluids all night. Lucy slowly picked up the cup and took a sip, “There.”
Pete sat down next to her, “Now you’re going to drink the whole thing.”
“I don’t want the rest.”
“I know…but if we don’t look after ourselves, how are we going to look after Patrick?”
Lucy thought for a second, “Okay, you’re right.”
She began drinking the coffee without protest. Lucy wanted to be able to look after Patrick. If this was the way to keep her strength up, well, she thought, she better do it.
Halfway through the cup, Joe came up to the two of them. Pete and Lucy both asked in unison, “Any news?” It was a question that seemed to be repeating all night.
“Yeah,” Joe said, “Actually there is some news. The nurse was checking Patrick over and she saw one of his fingers move.”
Pete and Lucy smiled at each other. It was a good sign.

An hour later, Lucy was sitting next to Patrick and gently holding his hand. He still hadn’t woken up yet. Lucy wished that he would squeeze her hand back, but he didn’t. The coffee had kept her awake until now, but as she sat watching Patrick for any sign of him awaking, she felt herself drifting off to sleep. She didn’t want to doze off but she just couldn’t keep her eyes open any longer; they were too heavy.
As her eyes closed for a final time, she heard a voice saying her name.
Patrick’s voice.
She instantly snapped awake and looked up at him.
“Hey sleepyhead,” he said faintly with a small smile.
“Patrick…” Lucy moved closer to him and kissed him. Patrick slowly put his arms around her, “I thought you weren’t going to wake up,” she whispered into his ear.
“I know,” he whispered back, “I’m so sorry.”
A tear slid down Lucy’s cheek and Patrick slowly wiped it away,
“It’s okay now…it’s going to be fine,” he said.
Lucy nodded, “I better get the nurse and tell the guys you’re awake. Pete’s been so worried.”
“Okay,” he squeezed her hand and then let it go.
Lucy kissed him one more time and then went out of the room. She found the nurse who went straight into Patrick’s room and she found Pete who when told Patrick was awake, gave a massive smile and hugged Lucy excitedly before racing off to see his best friend.
Lucy sat down once again exhausted. Knowing Pete would be with Patrick for some time and that she would be awake when Patrick needed her and when Pete wanted to sleep, Lucy closed her eyes once more and drifted off.
Sign up to rate and review this story