Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

Turn Off the Lights and Turn Off the Shyness

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX

Fall Out Boy leaves for tour

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2007-11-17 - Updated: 2007-11-18 - 1613 words - Complete

?Blocked
Chapter Fourteen: Turn Off the Lights and Turn Off the Shyness

"Turn off the lights and turn off the shyness. Cause all of our moves make up for the silence. And oh, the way your makeup stains my pillowcase. Like I'll never be the same"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The crisp Earth was bathed in golden fluorescence showering in a sparkling glow. The sun was now peeking beyond the wintry season. These days, I wasn't freezing as shivers infested my body. It was now, nice; cool. My body was sprawled across the dew cloaked grass with my gaze entrapped on the fire-blue sky. I was amidst a park as children's laughter playfully danced upon my ears. A soft thumb caressed bony fingers, for my hand was enveloped in Pete's. My head slightly curved to be facing Pete's friendly face. His warm, tan skin glowed in the air as his honey-glazed eyes gleamed into mine. Over the past month, we had been dating and to be honest, I adored every nostalgic moment we spent with each other. It was soothingly silent as Pete and I immersed in tranquility. Finally, Pete had broken the silence.

"I have to tell you something." he started tightening his grip for a second.

"What is it?" I asked worriedly. He opened his mouth, but quickly fastened it back to a thin line.

"Well, Fall Out Boy will be going on tour." he announced, his excitement masked by worry. I knew what this meant. He was breaking up with me, because he couldn't do long distant relationships. Especially, on the road. I mean, why have a girlfriend a million miles away when you can fuck some groupie and never see her again?

"Oh." I replied imprisoning those rebel tears trying to fight their way out of the green bars. The baseball had been thrown into my heart again as a lump formed in my throat.

"That's great!" I exclaimed faking my sorrow. Pete sat up as confusion mustered up into his expression. He looked to my eyes, which were glazed over in water, and his face had softened into a sad one.

"It's just... I.... Well....", he stammered looking for words hidden deeply beyond his thoughts.

"You're going to break up with me?" I finished for him as he just nodded slowly, sadness seeping in his hazel eyes.

"Well, it's just.... That, y'know?.... I sort of....", he babbled again as I smiled from his lack of words.

"I know, Pete." I said as a relieved sigh escaped from his warm lips.

"When are you guys going?" I questioned after a few minutes of awkward silence.

"A few months from now, I think. I didn't want to say anything until it was a solid deal." he answered running his bony fingers through his rich, black hair that hung loosely over one eye.

"A solid deal?" I said, bewildered with eyebrows crinkling.

"Oh, well, at the Talent Show, I talked to this music agent there, and he said he could probably sign us. He gave me his number, I gave him mine and he called me a few weeks later saying that we were signed. Patrick, Joe, and Andy know. We're all excited." he explained as I laid back down on the grass. Thoughts and moments passed until I finally thought of something to say.

"Do we have to break up now?" I asked, boring my eyes straight into his. He smiled and pressed his warm lips to mine.

"No, we don't have too." he answered, after parting from the kiss and linking his hand back to mine.

The months passed. All the tears and the laughs, quickly moved on as well as all the seasons. But, everything, and more importantly, everyone stayed the same. I was still dating Pete, and Patrick was my friend once again. I had grown more closer to Andy and Joe over the months, and everyone was friends. But, soon, one friend had to depart from our clan. Sadly, that friend was me. But, as the seasons change, the people don't. And, that's what made the sadness decrease.

It was the day before the start of the tour for Fall Out Boy. They day I had dreaded for so long. Pete and I were in my room together watching a movie, cuddled closely together. There was an uncomfortable atmosphere adrift, for we both knew what was coming. At least, he had the decency to do it after the movie.

"Saffy?" he started as the credits blurred across the screen as his hand had tightened on mine.

"Yeah?" I managed to croak out, before it came.

"I think we need to break up." he said, caught in his weepy voice. Those words held so much sorrow; so much pain. At first, I didn't believe that sentence had even crept from his lips, but reality quickly sunk in, as the statement lingered in my thoughts.

"Okay. It's for the best, I guess." I replied, tears pricking in the corners of my optics.

"Saffy?", he said, again. Oh, God. There's more? I had thought. But these three words that were breathed from his lips, really made my tears start to gush out.

"I love you." he stated, almost in a whisper. My insides started to jumble and crash in all different places as he said this. Like when he broke up with me, I couldn't believe it. But, these words also clung amidst my thoughts.

"W-What?" I stuttered, looking into his eyes, as his hands started to twitch.

"I-I-I'm sorry. Really, I-I-I just...." he was cut off as my lips embraced his.

Suddenly, he had deepened the kiss as his hands roamed my back. I ran my fingers through his soft, rich raven hair. Our tongues wrestled in our mouths as he laid me down across the bed. He wrapped his arm around me and faintly whispered, "I love you Saffy." I smiled and whispered back, "I love you too, Pete."

Before I knew it, morning sunshine, crawled in through the blinds with gold glowing upon my eyes. Pete was still softly slumbering beside me as my glance got caught onto the clock. It had read 7:15. They were supposed to be at the airport at 7:35. Uh-oh.

I harshly nudged Pete as he stirred with a "Just a few more minutes." I groaned and started to bang his arm with my fist.

"It's 7:15!" I called out, which awoke Pete as he grabbed his boxers and began to slip them on in haste.

"Shit!" he yelled putting on his jeans. I began to pull on my clothes too, and finally, we were on our way out the door and into my car. We only had few words on the way there, and the rest was just a fast ride there. We got there at 7:30. Whew.

As we pulled up, Patrick, Andy, and Joe were all there waiting impatiently.

"Where were you guys?" Patrick asked as we got out of the car.

"Well, hello to you too, Trick." I sarcastically replied helping Pete with his luggage.

"Yeah, don't be so rude, Patrick. They were probably fucking." Joe said as Andy laughed as Pete and I traded awkward glances. Patrick had caught this, and rolled his eyes.

"Anyway... It doesn't matter now. It's just a good thing you're here." Patrick said, always the optimist. As soon as we got all his luggage out, they guys just stood there, unsure if this was real.

"Well, you guys better get going." I said, tears forming in the corners of my eyes.

First, I hugged Pete as he gently placed a kiss upon my forehead. "I love you." his whisper prancing in my ear. I smiled and moved to Joe. I ruffled with his bouncy afro and said, "Behave." He laughed and replied, "I'll try. But, that's not a promise." I only laughed and moved down to Andy with open arms.

"Have fun. And stay vegan!" I said as he laughed and I moved to Patrick.

We just looked at each other awkwardly, and slowly moved in closer to form a hug. He smiled, and I swear I could see tears forming in his eyes. He quickly slipped a small envelope in my hand. Confusion swelled inside me as he just winked.

"Well, see ya!" I fare-welled as they all made their way into the airport, sinking into the crowds. I looked down at the envelope in my hand that said, 'Just Open'. I slid my index finger in the crease as it ripped, as a folded paper and silver fragment dropped out. I picked up both of them and unfolded the paper. In, clean black hand print, it read, 'Stay true, Saffy.' I smiled and looked at the silver object resting in my hand. And to my surprise, it was my piece to the 'Friends Forever' key chain. I folded the paper back and held the key chain to my chest, close, to my heart.

The End

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello all.

Thanks to the wonderful reviewers:
xxACoalminexx, releasethepants, mooniexmisfit, aznfoblover, and glindapsawyer!!!

Sorry it took sooooooooooo long to update. But, as I said before, weeks have been stressful. And busy
But, no longer are they stressful because I have won the District Drama Competition and now I'm going to State! ^_^

This is the end. But, I want to thank all the readers and reviewers for sticking through this story to the very end. It means a whole lot to me that you even read. I enjoyed writing this as much as you enjoyed reading it. I'm glad I got so much feedback on my first fic, here. Once again, thank you. =D

Comment/Compliment/Critique
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story