Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

I Don't Wanna Forget How Your Voice Sounds.

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 3 reviews

Saffy decides to go to the Talent Show.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-11-01 - Updated: 2007-11-01 - 2671 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirteen: I Don't Wanna Forget How Your Voice Sounds

"I'm two quarters and a heart down. And I don't want to forget how your voice sounds. These words are all I have so I'll write them. So you need them just to get by."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thin slabs of golden, coruscating sunlight slithered between the dusty blinds masking the winter minted window. My verdigris eyes crept beneath my crusted eye lids that slowly lifted from the deep slumber I was entranced in. I allowed my delicate fists caress my eyes to help awaken them a tad bit more. I blinked frequently, with morning grogginess prickling my blurry vision. As soon as my sight was settled, I released the heavy blankets enveloping my goose bump infested body and swung my gangly legs over the side of my sheet embraced bed. I allowed my legs to carry me down the caramel-colored, carpeted stairs that led me to the kitchen. Soft hums vibrated from the glossy lips of my mother as blistering, black coffee escaped from the pot and into a brightly colored mug. The steam floated soothingly in the morning minted air as I entrapped the aroma in my whiffing nostrils.

"Good morning, dear." my mother greeted merrily as I just replied with a grunt. I'm not much of a morning person.

I grabbed a random box of cereal as I poured it into a blue, plastic bowl along with milk. I began to munch on the easy-to-make breakfast until my mother interrupted with a "Aren't you supposed to be at the Talent Show with Patrick?"

I looked from my cereal and into the silvery, gray eyes of my mother.

"No. We.... Uh, he decided not too. He's in a band now with someone else." I answered returning to the sugar intoxicated pieces of bran. Suddenly, her eye brows furrowed with a pygmy splatter of bewilderment.

"Did something happen? Are you guys still friends?" she asked, concern glittering in her eyes. Oh, the things she still had yet to discover about what transpires in my life.

"Yeah, totally. I think it's best if we don't do it together. He'll probably do better in the band anyway." I replied setting the bowl and spoon in the sink.

"Well, okay." she said, still sounding a wee bit uneasy. I just chuckled at her worry.

"Mom, everything is okay. Seriously. Nothing could be better." I reassured. And I meant it. Pete and I were okay and Patrick was my friend again. Everything was going smooth.

"Well, why aren't you there supporting him?" she questioned sternly. I groaned at her comment. I knew this was coming. Now she was going to give me motherly advice and lecture on and on about how important friends are, and we should always be there for them. Blah. Blah. Blah.

"Because, I'm just going to embarrass myself. When people see that Patrick and I aren't in the Talent Show together, they'll start talking and I'll just be in the middle of a pile of rumors." I answered, truthfully. My mother just rolled her eyes and shook her head. Here comes the lecture...

"You should always be there for your friends," she started. Hah! I knew she would say something along those lines.

"Sometimes you have to take chances for them. And, who the hell cares what other people think? Let them talk, all that matters is what you know." she lectured as my thoughts just buzzed Blah. Blah. Blah.

I must've spaced out for the rest of the speech, because I came back to reality when she finished, "Just think about it." as she departed out the door.

I then ran to the couch and plopped my ass on it while turning on the television. I guess my mom does have a point. Patrick has been there for me all the time, and it would sort of be a betrayal to just drop him when he needed me the most. Guilt began to plummet into my bandaged heart as I allowed my green glance dance upon the clock that sung me a symphony of seconds. The sticks moving automatically under the glass indicated 10:45. The Talent Show starts in 15 minutes, and Patrick must be nervous as hell. I hastily scampered to the door as I snagged my car keys resting upon a counter and a hoodie.

The algid, December winds curled around my shiver infested body as the bitter atmosphere nibbled harshly against exposing skins as I opened the cream-colored door. But, I didn't care. I had to go to that Talent Show, and attempt at being a good friend. All that whirled through my visual thoughts was the hopeful plead shimmering in Patrick's eyes from yesterday. Oh, it pained me to think how I dejected those begs he gave me. I swung the car door open and plopped down on the fake leather, while shoving the key into the ignition.

My glance leaped on the time which read 10:50. Ten minutes. I bounded my car into the school parking lot as I searched for a parking space. (The school was holding the Talent Show, if you haven't already figured that out) I departed from the car and dashed to the entrance doors which I swung open in haste. I made my way to the auditorium and once I opened the doors, the scene revealed numerous teens and teachers chattering with exuberance lingering to their buoyant words. I checked my watch embracing my thin wrist and it read: 10:53. Only seven minutes to find him and let him know I was here.

I crept backstage where all the performers were nervously preparing their talents. Numerous instruments clouded the area as well as people. Suddenly, my eye caught a glimpse of a torn, decrepit hat moving in the sea of bodies. I made a bee-line to him and cupped my hands over his eyes as I whispered, "Guess who?", softly in his ear. Patrick jerked around, and the nervous frown plastered upon his lips vanished into a huge grin.

"Saffy!" he called out enveloping me in a horripilation polluted embrace.

"I'm so glad you're here." he whispered, relief oozing from his voice as his grip tightened.

"Okay! Break it up you two!" a voice called out as the body shoved himself between us as we both departed from the hug.

"Hey, Pete..." Patrick murmured under an aggravated tone.

After that, an awkward silence filled the room until thankfully, Pete fractured the silence with "Wow, Saffy. I didn't think you were coming. Especially in pajamas."

Suddenly, my gaze dropped to my attire along with Pete and Patrick's. My cheeks flushed crimson as I realized I forgot to put on normal clothes. I guess I was in such a big hurry to get here, I didn't notice my lack of daytime apparel. Another awkward silence poured into the air as we just stood there, consumed in thought.

"Well, I better go take my seat." I piped up giving the boys one last hug before descending into the auditorium. I found a seat and sat there watching some pretty awesome acts. Others, were.... Well... Let's just say they were unique.

Few claps bounced from the walls as a girl ended her talent of shooting milk through her eyes. Yes, I said eyes. Suddenly, my eye caught a glimpse of Patrick's head poking around the curtain with sweat dripping from his cherry-colored face. He was looking in the direction of a certain person. I turned my head to be staring at a man talking on a cell phone. I grew confused at why Patrick would be staring at this man, but then I soon realized that this was the music agent those rumors gossiped about. I turned back around, and discovered Patrick's head was gone.

Suddenly, the principal came onto the stage and grabbed the microphone.

"Excuse me. If I may have your attention, please. I'd like to present... Uh... A band, featuring Pete Wentz, Patrick Stumph, Andrew Hurley, and Joe Trohman." the principal introduced as I just shook my head at their lack of title. They had a band, but no name? I bit my bottom lip as Patrick's eyes caressed the crowd with his nervous gaze. His hands were shaking, uncontrollably and perspiration looked as though it had no end. He clapped his hand around the microphone and gulped.

"This is uh... Where Is Your Boy." he said, as people began to whisper and such.

"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe he won't find out what I know: you were the last good thing about this part of town." The sentences beautifully slipped from his prestigious word-composing lips. The whispering immediately halted as his voice soothed their ear drums.

"When I wake up, I'm willing to take my chances on the hope I forget that you hate him more than you notice I wrote this for you." Heads began to bob from the symphony of the mesmeric tunes forming from his enchanting voice. Suddenly, Pete and FroHead began to swirl around in the air without missing a single note. It was quite an amazing scene being performed on stage, and when I glanced back at the music agent, he seemed a tad bit impressed too.

"You need him. I could be him... I could be an accident but I'm still trying. That's more than I could say for him." They were amazing. He was amazing. That boy belted out each word with such elegance, butterflies began to swarm throughout my stomach. But as each word traveled from his mouth, discovery formed.

"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe he won't find out what I know: you were the last good thing about this part of town." This time, kids began to catch on to the song, and attempt to repeat and sing along. Each lyric, I felt something come over me. Not to sound egotistical, but was this song about me?

"Someday I'll appreciate in value, get off my ass and call you...in the meantime I'll sport my brand new fashion for waking up with pants on in 4:00 in the afternoon." The words were fitting. Everything that happened between all three of us, seemed like it was hidden in the lyrics. Suddenly, Afro Guy flew around on stage and near the Jesus-look-a-like drummer. Geez, I need to get names.

"You need him. I could be him... I could be an accident but I'm still trying. That's more than I could say for him." Why did all of this oddly make sense to me? Each word, engaged me a little further into the song. It was lovely and by the looks of each kid in the room, they were immensely enjoying the show too.

"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe he won't find out what I know: you were the last good thing about this part of town." By this verse, each kid was singing along with merriment glistening in their eyes. Patrick looked more relaxed as Pete and Fro Boy swung around even more. The drummer was insane; each hit of the drum was amazing.

"(won't find out) he won't find out. (won't find out) he won't find out." Everyone swayed to the beat and just had a fun time. Everything was superb. Nothing, nothing in the whole world could destroy this moment.


"Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman. Maybe he won't find out what I know: you were the last good thing about this part of town." They sung it the chorus twice before ending and the whole auditorium erupted in clamorous applause. Smiles spread across each of their faces in satisfaction as they disappeared back stage.

I darted back there and greeted the sweat coated boys with hugs. I congratulated them on their fantastic job and all I could do was ramble on about how great they were.

"Seriously. You guys blew EVERYONE away! You rocked this place!" I complimented as Patrick blushed and the others just mumbled 'thank yous'. Pete's arm slithered around my waist as he pulled me closer to him.

"We couldn't of done it without you." he said with a wink. What the hell was that supposed to mean? Does that mean, the song was about me? I just decided to go along with it as Pete placed a small peck on my cheek as the Mr. Fro cooed an "Awe." I stuck my tongue out at him as Pete just snapped, "Shut up, Joe!" Hah! Joe, that's his name! Now, the other one must be Andy...

"Well, you better go back to your seat. They're about to announce the winners." Patrick said, nervously as I just nodded and headed back to my seat. After a few moments, the principal walked out on stage with an envelope and the power to crush confidence. I gulped as he took the microphone.

"Now, it's time to announce the winners!" he said as excitement emerged throughout the room.

"Third place goes to...." he started as he opened one of the envelopes, "Stacey Largekin! With her magic show!"

Clapping sounded in the room as he began to announce second place.

"Second place goes to Trevor Hamper and Tanya Showers with their gymnastic stunts!" he exclaimed.

This was it. The moment of truth. The time where all the sweat, tears, and blood becomes worth it or just a bitter regret.

"Pete, Patrick, Joe, and Andy with their band!" he called out as applause and yelling exploded throughout each and every person here. The band members ran to the stage and claimed their huge trophy and ego boosts.

I crept backstage once again to congratulate them. And, to gawk at their nice trophy.

"This thing is huge!" I exclaimed looking at the gold object.

"Yeah, I know!" Patrick agreed as the others did too. Suddenly, I noticed Pete was missing.

"Hey, Patrick. Where's Pete?" I asked as he just shrugged and I looked to Joe as he just replied with a "You got me." as Andy answered with a "No." Where the fuck could he be? The boys and I decided to on a hunt for the kid, and we soon found him walking from a crowd of people.

"Where were you?" I asked glancing back at the crowd.

"I was talking with some people." he answered as an awkward silence arose. Damn, we seem to be getting a lot of those.

"Well, uh. We won!" Andy exclaimed after a few moments of quiet. Suddenly, the silence broke out into mini conversations between the five of us.

"Well, who's up for ice cream?" I suggested as they all screamed a "Yeah!"

Then, we all took off to the ice cream parlor and had a fucking great time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Holy crap! I had a lot of good reviews from these amazing people:
thruthekeyholes, falloutboysteph, ClandestineUnited, xxACoalMinexx, releasethepants, mooniexmisfit!
They certainly made my day!

Sorry it took so long to update...

Okay, so I don't get chewed out---
I know that Take This To Your Grave was not their first album, it was Evening Out With Your Girlfriend, and that Andy wasn't even in the picture yet. I also know that the song is called Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy, not just Where Is Your Boy. I forgot to put Grand Theft Autumn, so don't be mad at me. It's fiction people!

Oh, please review. I've had the shittiest week ever. Writer's block and stupid shit at school. I've been sort of stressful, so nice reviews are welcome. =D

I think this is my longest chapter yet. Oh, and by the way--- there's only gonna be about 1 or 2 chapters left. I'm thinking of a sequel, but I'm sort of unsure and short on ideas.But, I usually just go with the flow on stories anyway. So, if you'd like a sequel, then just review and say so.


Comment/Compliment/Critique
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story