Categories > Original > Fantasy > Warehito-e

Warehito-e

by Funky_Tanuki 0 reviews

[CYOA]In the ruins of Leviathan, will you become a bandit in the pursuit of wealth or a white knight to protect the denizens? Will you flee to the protection of other nations or take it upon yourse...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-11-29 - Updated: 2007-11-30 - 464 words

0Unrated
I'm not 100% positive if cyoas are allowed in this site, but I was looking through the rules and I don't believe I saw anything regarding it considering how vague it seemed. If I'm wrong, however, I will take down my story.

われひとへ
warehitoe
toward myself
and others

You never got used to the perpetual hunger for you feared that if you resigned to such a reality you would condemn yourself to death. That was why you left your meager, sparsely furnished house to the chilly cobblestone streets of (former) Citadel Orphelia. No longer was it the proud city that guarded the royal house of Leviathan. Instead it was a gathering of foreign forces and hungry paupers.

On your person was nothing more than tattered garments for if you had the luxury of fine attire, you wouldn't have to scourge the evenings looking for scraps or scarce work. However, you prided yourself–albeit slightly–on the basic iron dagger you hid in the folds of your clothes, and if you did not fear for your safety, you would have sold the small weapon long ago.

As mentioned once before, the streets were both cold and dangerous so you kept your dominant hand as close as you dared to the hilt, and tried to ignore the numbness etching its way to your bones.

Whenever there was a sound even remotely akin to scraping metal, you froze. Although it was a forced habit due to the occupation, it did serve you well to be aware if there were any patrols nearby. One would think that patrols aided the city, but it was quite the opposite. The soldiers were Evenine and not Leviathan, and therefore did not posses much empathy for the "denizens".

Once you could ascertain that no armed company was going apprehend you, you progressed down the street but sill kept along the walls. In the distance, the captured Castle Leviathan was lit in preparation for the coming night. You could guarantee that none of the royal blood were within its walls (if breathing at all).

It was sudden and unexpected and left you with a difficult choice.

A boy, probably mid-teens, sprung out from a narrow alley with a small band of thugs in pursuit. Your eyes, greedy out of necessity, became fixated on the bulging burlap sack that was slung over his left shoulder. That was probably what the brigands were after as well.

He was at a disadvantage. If he chose to fight with his kukri, he'd have to protect his goods, and he was outnumbered three-to-one.

Will you help the boy and travel along the path of the warrior? (Chapter 2)

Will you leave him to his own devices?(Chapter 3)

Or will you try and steal that burlap bag without knowing its contents? (Chapter 4)
Sign up to rate and review this story