Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Lost Friend

Chapter 2

by USA_Tiger 2 reviews

Harry's manage to trigger one of his new form's ablities, now he's half way across the world! And is that Ryouga?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Humor - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-11-30 - Updated: 2007-12-01 - 4959 words

3Original
Disclaimer: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling, Pokemon to WB and Nintendo, and Ranma 1/2

to Rumiko Takahashi.

A Lost Friend

By: USA Tiger

A/N: For those of you who guessed it, yes Harry turns into a Mew. Why? Because it's my favorite Pokemon, it's powerful like Harry is, and it's cute. Will there be other pokemon? At the moment I have no plans on turning anyone else into one, the only other pokemon that would show up is when Harry uses Mew's ability to Transform which will come into play in future chapters.

Though I can see Fred and George turning into Minun and Plusle.... hmmmm.....

Anyway, enjoy...

Chapter 2

Harry had quickly gotten a hold of being able to fly in his animal from, loving every minute of it. It was much better than flying with a broom and Harry performed twist and turns and loop-de-loops in his small borrowed bed room. True, he much rather be outside flying, to feel the wind in his fur and the sun shine down on him, playing tag with Hedwig, or any other flying creature he supposed. But, except for doing what chores he had outside, the teen wasn't allowed to leave the house. Plus he wanted to keep his new ability a secret and if he was to fly outside in his strange cat from, someone would tell the Headmaster more than likely. Or Voldemort could find out.

Harry was beginning to think his new from wasn't magical per say, but something else completely. Some of the other things he had done in his new from, like lifting one of his school books by just thinking, reminded him of powers that he had seen on some of Dudley's shows on the telly that called themselves Psychics. He also tried to come up with what to call the creature he turned into, until he was able find out just what he was, and what his name for his cattish from should be. In the end he called it a 'Mew', being the only sound he could make in his other from. Harry had tried to come up with another name that wasn't so cute or silly sounding but every time he tired, Mew was the only thing that came to mind. It was almost like instinct to call himself that now that he thought about it.

As for what to call himself in his other from, he settled on Tao. Harry's fur reminded him of a yin-yang somewhat and he had read once that another name for it was Tao. The teen had also discovered that he could not repeat his new powers in his human from, ruling out the idea everything he had been doing as a mew was his own magic.

Harry's other project wasn't going very well, he had no books with him at the time to look up the veil. He was going to have to wait until he got to Diagon Ally and look there, and that was even if the book store Flourish and Blottshad it. Harry had a gut feeling he was going to pay a visit Borgin and Burkes in Knockturn Ally instead.

To keep himself busy, he had checked over his homework twice to make sure it was all right but that only worked so many times. Harry sighed before popping into his Mew from again, having read somewhere that the longer one remained in their soul form, the more familiar they became with it.

The black and white kittenish creature hung in midair, on his 'back' slightly curled up. Harry's thoughts drifted, coming to rest on Ryoga again. He had only thought about the older boy a few times since his dream and for some reason at the moment he was the only thing Harry could think about.

'I wish I could see him again,' Harry mentally said, so focused on his first real friend that he triggered another ability of the Mew's, teleportation. In a flash, Harry the Mew disappeared from Number 4 Privet Drive, Surry England and reappeared in Nermia, Japan.

********

Hedwig hooted in alarm as her hatchling vanished in a flash of light, flapping her wings and ruffling her feathers. She tucked her wings against her sides again, shifting from foot to foot for a moment before fluttering out and hopping on the desk a bit. After a moment, she felt the special connection she had with her master and quickly flew out the window into the night, heading east.

********

Harry's green eyes were large with surprise at the sudden displacement. He stayed floating in the air for a moment longer before quickly moving closer to the ground and turning back to his human from. His hand dove into his pocket to make sure his wand was there, looking around all the while to see where he was. He had appeared in the mouth of an alleyway, luckily no one was nearby to witness the sudden appearance of a cat like creature. Or that said animal had turned into a short, English boy. If only Harry had knew had anyone had seen him, they would have just shrugged their shoulders and continue on their way, things like that was normal for Nermia.

After checking his surroundings and making sure he had his wand a second time, Harry stepped out onto the street, being mindful of the fact he had no shoes on. The teen looked around for someone to tell him just where he was because looking at signs wasn't helping as he couldn't read any of them. But he did get a clue from the few people that were walking the streets on this cheerfully sunny day, which threw Harry off a bit since it had been nighttime back home. Most everyone had an Asian look to them but that only narrowed down where Harry was to a few places so he still had no idea where he was at. He could be in Japan, China or even some Asian community in America somewhere or some part of Europe though he doubted the last one.

Harry's head twisted this way and that, trying to take in everything where he was, much like he had the first time he had gone to Diagon Ally. Even thought he was still worried about the fact he didn't know where he was, at the same time it was exciting to be out of his aunt's house and not being watched by the members of the Order. People that Harry past gave him strange looks but figured the small teen was a tourist and let him have his fun. Harry, who hadn't been paying attention to where he was going, walked straight into another warm body, causing him to stumble backwards a bit to avoided falling.

"Ahh, I'm sorry!" He apologized quickly, turning to face whoever it was he walked into. The other person was a teenage boy about his age, maybe a year or two older, of Asian descent. He had waist length black hair with full bangs that covered his forehead. He wore a white Chinese robe, much different from the Wizarding robes Harry had seen the last few years and he had a feeling the other boy wasn't a Wizard, with large sleeves that were black at the end. Plus he wore a black belt around his waist and the front of the robe had a strange looking symbol on it that looked like it a bunch of diamonds. Blue kung-fu looking pants and a pair of slipper-like shoes completed the outfit.

The teen squinted his eyes that looked to have a grayish blue color, at Harry as the other boy waited for the taller one to say something. The way the Asian teen squinted reminded Harry of the way he did when he wasn't wearing his glasses.

~Saotome!~ He yelled out, Harry blinking up at him since he didn't understand what the taller boy had just said. ~It figures, I try to enjoy a quite walk only to run into you! You have come to get me out of the way so you can get to my precious Shampoo, you cur!~ The boy jumped up high and back into the air, twisting into a ball for a second before straightening back out, thrusting his arms out and something flying out of the wide sleeves.

Harry yelped and jumped back, not excepting any sort of attack. He had just barely avoided getting hit by what turned out be a bunch of very sharp looking knives attached to chains. The weapons flew back into the attacking teen's sleeves before springing out again. Harry ducked and dodged all the attacks, not paying attention to anything the other boy said seeing as how he couldn't understand the other teen anyway. He stopped for a split second to grab his wand, but it was all that the other needed for one of the knifes to hit. It sliced the upper part of Harry's arm, the pain making him loose his grip on his wand, the object rolling several feet away.

"Oh bloody hell!" He cursed, quickly dodging out of the way again, a hand pressed over the bleeding cut. Unfortunately his too big, hand-me-down Dudley pants decided to work against him, catching on Harry's heel and causing him to trip up a bit. It allowed for another knife to hit him, this time cutting his right cheek. Harry was thankful it didn't do much more than that.

At this point Harry was becoming worried that he wasn't going to get out of this fight; some muggle boy was going to do what Voldemort couldn't, kill him!

Lucky for Harry, the cavalry had arrived in the form of two more boys, one in red and one in yellow. The boy in red headed straight for Harry's attacker, kicking him in the chest while yelling ~Mousse you fucking idiot~` while the one in yellow gathered Harry up ala princess style, one hand under his knees and the other wrapped around his shoulders, before jumping out of the battle zone up onto a nearby rooftop. Startled, Harry's hand snapped up and grabbed a fist full of shirt, still looking out toward the new battle going on. He didn't feel a bit of sympathy as the tall boy with the hidden weapons was beaten by a pulp by the shorter boy, but still taller that Harry, wearing a red Chinese looking shirt and longish hair that was done up in a four linked braid.

After a few minutes of watching his attacker get the living day lights beat out of him, Harry turned his attention to the person holding him. His bottom-less green eyes widen as he looked in a pair of familiar darker green eyes that shone with surprise as well.

"Ha-Harry-chan!?"

"Ryoga?"

********

Harry was a very confused young wizard, but at the same time happy. Somehow he had teleported all the way from England to someplace called Nermia, which was in Japan and therefore was very far away from home. But on the other hand, he had been able to be reunited with his first friend, other than Hagrid of course. After the fight between the tall Asian boy, whose name was apparently Mousse, and the braided boy, name Ranma Saotome, had lead Ryoga who had still be carrying Harry to a restaurant called Nekohanten, which meant Cat Café according to Ryoga with a noted shudder of fear from Ranma at the word 'cat', with a knocked out Moose slugged over the pigtailed teen’s shoulder. They had stopped long enough for Harry to grab his wand, calling it to him in a small show of wand less magic.

Currently he was sitting on top of one of the tables in the Nekohanten, which luckily had no customers at that time, being patched up by a shrunken elderly lady named Cologne who despite her age moved about quickly by using her staff like a pogo stick. Ryoga quietly explained what he and Ranma had come up upon in Japanese when he had rescued Harry from the mostly blind Mousse.

"That idiot boy is more trouble that he's worth," Cologne said she tied off the bandage on Harry's arm, speaking in English for Harry's benefit. "If he would just wear his glasses, incidents like this could be avoided."

^Great Grandmother, I found the potion you wanted,^ a female voice chirped in Chinese as a very busty, purple haired girl bound into the room, handing the bottle to Cologne.

^Thank you Great Granddaughter. Now fix up a meal for our three guest,^ she said, turning back to Harry. Ranma, who had been stand several feet away eyed the bottle with distrust, having been on the receiving end of the Amazon's potions a great many times.

~What's that, old ghoul?~ he asked, ready to take the potion away if it proved to harm the English boy. He had vouched to take Ryoga's friend to Doctor Tofu after they dropped off Mousse at the Nekohanten but Ryoga and surprisingly Cologne insisted that she would heal Harry instead.

"Speak English, Son-In-Law," Cologne said, handing the potion to Harry. "It's nothing more than a healing potion; it will dull the pain from the cuts and keep them from scaring. It's much better than anything you will find in your part of the Wizarding world young one."

"Umm... thanks, but how did you know I was a wizard?" Harry asked, popping the top of the bottle and downing the potion inside. The potion was slightly bitter with a slight minty after taste, it was much better tasting that anything Snape had ever made.

"I can seen the magic surrounding you like a bright blanket. You are very powerful for someone so young," Cologne explained. "I would even wager you have more raw power than son-in-law here."

"Now just wait a minute, are you trying to say he could beat me in a fight," Ranma said, not understanding how that could be since the Ganji boy couldn't even defend himself against Mousse of all people.

"Not everything or everyone with power has to do with martial Arts," Cologne commented. "I speak of raw power only."

"On top of that, I don't think Harry-chan is going to challenge you to a fight anytime soon Saotome," Ryoga chimed in. "And not everyone who comes to Nerima has something to do with you, just most."

"How do you know him anyway P-chan? You seem know him pretty well to call him 'Harry-chan'," Ranma commented, turning his attention to ribbing at Ryoga half-way playfully. Ryoga shrugged his shoulders before replying with

"He's my best friend." Harry grinned slightly at those words. Course, who knew what Ron and Hermione would say if they heard that statement but who said Harry couldn't have three best friends. Ranma looked a bit shock at the news himself. Ryoga was just too happy to have Harry with him again after so many years, so he just raised an eyebrow while asking "You think you're the only one that can have long lost friend's show up suddenly?"

"Ahh... ummm," Ranma didn't really have anything to say to that. He was use to anyone new to Nermia beings there either because Genma had done something to them, he was engaged to some girl, or wanted to fight. It was rare that whoever was new was there because one of the other members of what was dubbed the Nerima Wreaking Crew. At that time the Chinese girl, Shampoo, came back into the room with three blows of ramen just as Cologne finished with the cut on Harry's face. Harry picked up a pair of chop sticks, having no clue how to use them.

Cologne chuckled at the baffled look on Harry's face, ignoring the fast pace at which Ranma tended to eat, and watched as Ryoga reached into his pack and with drew out a wand. He reached over and tapped the chop sticks while muttering a spell under his breath which turned the eating utensils into a fork. Harry watched with wide eyes before turning to Ryoga.

"You're a wizard!" He said with a grin. It was obvious that the older boy knew what magic was if the Amazon elder had let it known that Harry himself was a wizard but it didn't occur to him that Ryoga was one as well. It made him wonder if Ranma was a wizard as well.

"Nani!" Ranma let his chop sticks fall into his mostly empty bowl as he turned his attention back to his rival. "You, the eternally lost boy, a wizard? How come you never used magic in our matches? Or use magic to cure your curse?"

"You're a muggle, it's against the law to use magic against someone who doesn't know about the Wizarding world. Plus don't you think the first thing I did was look for a cure there?" Ryoga said. "Using magic against you would be unfair also since you’re a muggle, I prefer to beat you using martial arts. Despite how I act sometimes or what people think of me, I do have honor."

"Well I know that," Ranma muttered, going back to his ramen at a sated pace.

"What curse?" Harry asked, having no idea what the two older boys was talking about. Ryoga blushed and stuttered but considered on whether or not to tell his best friend about his pig curse.

On the one hand he didn't want anyone to know about it, he hated turning into a pig because he thought it made him look weak on top of being an embarrassing curse not to mention it did make his life very hard since it was difficult to defend himself as a small animal that just so happen to be a favorite dish around most of the world. Not the worst thing to turn of course, he could turn into some sort of bug or rodent but he rather turn into a girl like Ranma or at least some sort of animal that bigger or tougher than a piglet.

On the other hand, just about everyone in Nerima knew that he turned into a pig except Akane Tendo. Not that he wanted the girl to know, she would kill him if she realized that her pet pig P-chan was really Ryoga. And how she managed to avoid finding out was a mystery to everyone. So his curse wasn't that big of a secret.

So in the end, Ryoga decided to just show Harry his curse rather than having the other boy find out on his own. Ryoga smirked as he picked up a glass of nearby water, he wasn't the only one that was going to show off their curse. He tossed half of the cold water at Ranma, who started yelling in protest before pouring the rest over his head. Harry watched in shock, and at this point he thought there was very little that could shock him after living in the Wizarding world most of the year since he as eleven, as Ranma changed into a shorter busty red headed girl. Ryoga on the other hand completely disappeared, a faint, muffled 'Bwee' coming from the Japanese boy's chair.

Harry leaned over and saw a wiggling pile of Ryoga's clothing. A piggy snout poked out of Ryoga's tank top followed by the rest of the small piggy body.

"Ry-Ryoga?" Harry asked, untangling the pig and holding it in his arms. The piglet bweed and bowed his head, a very obvious flush on the pig's face. "How? Is he some sort of Animagus?"

"No child, he and Ranma are under a water based curse from a placed called Jusenkyo," Cologne explained, sitting at another of the chairs at the table. "It is an ancient training ground near my village that is littered with a great many of pools of water. Each of which cursed to turn the person who fell into them to turn into who ever or whatever had been in the water first when the spring first appeared when splashed with cold water, as Ryoga as just demonstrated. Hot water will reverse the effects until the next time they are splashed with cold water."

"So... Ryoga turns into a pig, and he turns into a girl." Harry said, pointing at Ranma-chan. "Anyone else?"

"My great-granddaughter is curse with a cat from," Cologne said, making Ranma shuddered with fear. " Mousse with a duck."

"My old man turns into a panda," Ranma piped up, pushing her empty bowl away. "And we've seen a couple of others but they don't hang around here." Harry mused over this new information as he started to scratch Ryoga behind the ears. It wasn't the strangest thing he had ever heard of but it was very high on the list. For a moment, the boy-who-lived considered finding out if there was a pool that turned people into bugs and using it on Voldemort so he could step on the annoying dark lord. Or on Malfoy if the blond didn't leave him alone.

"Tell me young wizard, how did you get to Japan in the first place," Cologne suddenly asked, drawing Harry out of his musings. "After all, yours not wearing shoes and don't appear as if this was a planned trip."

"Well, I was in my Animagus from and was thinking of Ryoga here and how much I wanted to see him again when I just suddenly apparated I guess," Harry said with a shrug. He never apparated before so he couldn't tell if that was what happened or not.

"Ah, an Animagus for one so young. I am impressed boy," Cologne said, truly impressed and absently thinking if there was any girls in the village that could purse the boy as a husband. He along Ranma would help make the Amazon blood stronger but discarding the thought for now. "I would be honored if you would give a show of your soul form."

Harry took only a moment to think about the elder’s requested before deciding to do so. After all, they had told him about their curses and had been honest to him so far. Plus, what were the chances of one of the Dark Lord's minions or the Headmaster finding out about his alternate from here in Japan? Plus, having quite a few years on her, Cologne just might know what Harry was turning into!

Having made his choice, Harry placed Ryoga on the table top before quickly and soundlessly changing into his Mew form. Then using the powers of his current body, the black and white animal rose himself into the air, twisting and turning for all to see.

"Aiyah!" Shampoo said delightedly, clapping softly. ~Is so cute!~ she added in Japanese, not knowing a word of English. Which meant of course she hadn't known what the three males were talking about and had only actions to go by. Ranma, who had since the moment Harry had changed, was gripping tightly at edge of the table until it was cracking slightly under the older girl’s fingers, shuttered slightly and was forced to look away. Harry's other form looked too much like a cat to him.

After a moment, Harry returned to human from and sat down in his chair, making Ranma sigh in relief once she realized the English teen was human again.

"Truth be told, elder, I have no idea what I turned into to," Harry said, causing Cologne to tap her finger on her chin as she gave it thought.

~Great Granddaughter, fetch hot water for your husband and Ryoga,~ Cologne said to her grandchild before turning and pogoing away. Shampoo rushed to do as the elder woman asked, filling two glasses with hot water from the tap before going back into the dining area. Shampoo handed one glass to Ranma before pouring the other over Ryoga. The shaggy haired teen yelped as he returned to human from, blushing heavily has his hands quickly moved to cover his crotch before diving for his clothing. Harry blushed slightly himself as he had gotten quite an eye full before Ryoga had moved.

The four teens sat in silence as they waited for Cologne to come back. Ryoga still had a bright blush on his face, highly embarrassed that he had showed off his family jewels to one of the people that had been one of his first friends, even though Ranma had seen him naked plenty of times.

Harry on the other hand was lost in thought on what he was going to do now. He knew he should get word to the Order and to Dumbledore about where he was; no doubt they knew he was missing by now. But he would have to explain just how he got to where he was and he didn't want anyone short of Ron, Hermione and Remus to know that he had achieve an Animagus form, at least not yet. On top of that, he didn't want to be locked in his Aunt's house or at his godfather’s house.

"I think I might have some idea as to what you are child," Cologne said as she bounced back into the room, a book balanced on top of her staff. She placed the book on the table and opened it to a marked page. "This speaks of a creature of great power in legends, both muggle and magic, but has never been proven to exist."

Harry leaned over and looked into the book, there was a picture of a cat like animal on the page that looked very close to what he turned into surrounded by light.

"But then again, South America has a great deal of animals that the world has never seen," Cologne continued.

"South America?" Harry asked surprised as he looked up at Cologne. The Amazon elder nodded her head.

"Yes, a man I met once gave me this book when I was much, much younger. He claimed he was one of the last descendents of the village that use to worship this creature who he called a Mew."

'Mew....' Harry quickly remembered that was what he had been calling his other form the whole time. "Does it say what the Mew can do?"

"Some of it, you already figured out the ability to teleport as well as fly. This book mentions that at times the Mew would change its shape into a large range of strange creatures. Who knows what you can do in that form boy," Cologne said.

******

Remus Lupin was nearly ready to howl in despair, his cub had disappeared and these idiots were not helping very much in getting Harry back. It had started earlier that day, an alarm had started to sound though out the Order of the Phoenix headquarters Grimmauld Place, startling everyone inside. And waking up the portrait of Walburga Black who started screaming her usual triad of hurtful words.

Once the curtain of Mrs. Black portrait was pulled over her again, everyone at the house at the time had seek out Albus Dumbledore for the cause of the alarm. It had turned to be alarm to warn him if Harry had left the protection of his aunt’s house somehow.

Remus had been of the ones to question Petunia Dursley one the disappearance of her nephew. The muggle woman hadn't even know her sister's son was gone and on top of that she had said good riddance to the, as she called him, little freak. Remus had made a mental not to allow his cub to come back the next year, blood protection be damned.

A check in Harry's room revealed nothing as well; Remus didn't think Harry had just run away, all of his things were still in the room barring his wand and Hedwig. After quickly packing all of the boy's remaining processions, Remus had left quickly and reported to Professor Dumbledore that Harry was nowhere to be seen nor were there any clues as to how he had left or why.

Now they were waiting for Severus Snape to come back from the Dark Lord Voldemort to see if he had his cub. It scared the werewolf to death that he didn't know if his cub was alright or not. He couldn't lose the last of his pack, not right after his losing his pack brother Sirius!

Remus started to pace the room, much like a cage wolf.

"Do you think he's ok Professor Lupin?" Remus spun around in surprise to face his cub's best friends Ron and Hermione standing in the doorway. He had been so focused on his thoughts, he missed hearing them come up.

"I don't know Hermione," He said truthfully with a shake of his head. "I hope so, poor cubling."

"This sucks, we were so close of getting him out of the muggle's house too," Ron said with a frown.

"Now he is, but who knows if he's alright."

"Hedwig was missing too wasn't she professor?" Hermione asked, continuing once Remus's had nodded. "Maybe he'll be able to send us a note," she added hopefully.

******

Hedwig landed softly in a tree to rest, her hatchling seemed to be a lot further away that she thought but she was bound and determined to reach her Harry!

****

Edit 6-11-14: So I wrote a little bit more in some parts of this chapter. It doesn’t change any of what happen, just makes the story flow a bit better. And fixed the usual spelling and grammar mistakes and I’ve been changing the spelling of ‘Ryouga’ to ‘Ryoga’ since that’s how I’ve been spelling it now.
Sign up to rate and review this story