Categories > Games > Zelda > The World in Brief

Stupid

by Chaotic_Serenity 0 reviews

Twilight Princess: Ilia

Category: Zelda - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-12-12 - Updated: 2007-12-12 - 234 words

0Unrated
Timeline: Twilight Princess
Warnings: PG
Characters: Ilia, implied Link/Midna
Theme: emotions - stupid

Stupid, she thinks, while stripping the laundry from the line. Stupid, she whispers, while clutching broken glass. Stupid, she curses in the night, with her hands fisting her hair and her face hot against the pillow.

It becomes her mantra, invoking rage where blame sits heavy It levies its load on her heart along with the scraps and the bits he left of it - all of her memories and fond wishes and assortment of dreams a pile of refuse, scattered like dust to the wind or leaves to the fall, useless and lapsed.

She wants him eviscerated, all his sins and love poured out before him, all his vital pieces laid naked to her eye. Everything that is in him that is him or not him or wasn't him and now is; everything that is honest and forthright to everybody but her; all of his ramparts, his sentries carefully lining the walls of his heart, shot down and put to ruin before her.

The agony of inquiry burns her throat, stiffens her back, coarsens her tongue -

Why did you leave? she wants to ask.

Where are you going? she wants to shake him.

Who is she? she wants to scream.

Stupid, she thinks, and laces her hands, tightens her corset, her smile, her heart, while life goes on.
Sign up to rate and review this story