- There was one good thing about this Other. At most he would be an inconvenience. He might be powerful, but there was no way the boy could possibly be aggressive enough to be a true threat.
Oh, my! Someone is in for a rather rude shock, aren't they? Harry is not going to fit the male stereotypes of -this- universe at all; that should shake up a lot of folks' plans, most esp. both Riddle's and Dumbles'.
I like the way things are progressing here and I'll be especially interested in how the Harry/Harri team deals with this universe's Umbridge; somehow I don't think it'll be pretty.
My compliments on an excellent job of reversing everyone and most of the cultural referents.
Author's response- I figure why not have the fem-villains stereotype the good guys...
- Umbastard is going to have an interesting year...
- BTW, I did like how Orestes and Harry became fast friends over the summer; especially after Harry rather discomfitted Melanie.
Author's response- Making sure a bonding between them came across was important to the plot, as was the conversation with 'Mrs. Weasley' at the end...
- The Melanie thing just came out of a rerun of a Family Guy episode where Lois was hyper aggressive in the sack, and freaked Peter out... Personally I recall a hyper agressive young lady from my twenties, I was heard to say 'Yay!'
(#) Terdwilicker 2007-12-18This story is interesting in its reversals. I'm curious to see the difference in Sirius (Siriana), Remus (Reana), Jamie and Louis. Will they retain their basic strengths as well as personalities? Thus Harri's father was the most gifted wizard of his generation, good at charms and ancient runes, whereas Harri's mother was an arrogant prankster aristocrat who got smitten with some muggleborn wizard? Are the elves reverse gendered too? What will it be like rooming with Seamus and Dean, now that they're girls? And what about Luciana Malfoy? While she saunter and preen on about Blood Purity and manners?
Author's response- Other than some of the names, yes.
- Good chapter development. I guess it takes a world of reverse gender roles for Harry to seem 'macho'. I enjoyed Harry's putdowns of Ronnie, comparing the two Rons as well.
As for Thomasina and Dumb-dora. . . that should be fun!
Author's response- The way I see it, no matter how shy and awkward you might be, when a girl starts rubbing against you, pretty much any guy would rise the the occasion...
- The Ronnie thing isn't so much a putdown as sanity preservation. Assuming a preference for inserting tab a into slot b a woman with all the habits of one of your friends at 15 would be frightening. While I'm sure somewhere in the world there are girls who are belching champions and who think farts are funny and bathing optional, but I wouldn't want to bed any of them
- This is a very interesting idea and I am glad to see that you are one of the few that can actually do au!fem!Harry well. The gender reversal of everyone is a nice twist and I would love to see you continue it. The gender role reversal is also a nice little trick.
Author's response- Well, I'm only up to chapter 3, lets wait and see how well I can do it.
- My view of this world is that it is pretty much the same, only the XY chromosome combination produces a female form.
- Another great chapter to an amusing work. Just a few minor things to point out (not real problems, just little details):
1 - You left out one possibility for the origin of Hermione's name, even though Harry might not know about it. Hermione is also the name of an island in the Aegean, and there is that custom that some follow about naming children after the place of conception. Maybe nothing, but it's a thought.
2 - The Knight Bus. In this Universe, shouldn't it be the Daym Bus. I know I spelled Dame wrong, but whatever.
3 - It didn't happen often, but you sometimes still referred to the characters using the standard Potterverse's pronouns. Not often, but it was enough to be a little confusing at times.
That's all the nit-picking for now.
Great new fic, quite funny. Reverse gender roles are hysterical! "Satyromania?" How do you come up with this stuff? And Melanie's reaction: so Harry is like this world's version of a dominatrix? HA, HA, and a good deal more HAs.
Author's response- I didn't know there was an Island named Hermione... Have to find it on Google Earth, my favorite time waster.
- Good point. I'll think about that for future use.
- Yeah, I spend a lot of time correcting pronouns on this fic. Sorry, guess I've missed a few.
- Nah, not a Dominatrix, but an agressive male. Not unheard of in this culture, but unusual.
(#) Aberbadger 2007-12-19Please tell me you;re going to talk about Emile Pankhurst's Suffrage movement, were the men chained themselves to parliament gates and burned their jock-straps!!!!!
Author's responseNo, I wasn't planning to deal with the Muggle world at all... Though now that you've given me the idea, I might use it to pad out a chapter if it runs short...
- I loved the way Harry handled Orestes cousin. I think the only thing that could have made it even better was if he'd grabbed her rear when she was on top. As for as Miss Riddle, she's in for a rude awakening. I can't wait to see how they deal with Umbridge, and I wonder which one will have the Dementor/trial issues. This story is awesome.
Author's response- He did, that's how he rolled her over... In the clover...
- Neither, Harry's arrival has sufficiently muddied the time stream that different things are happening now.
- I'm glad to see your muse is working overtime lately. It's going to be a running plot point that people will underestimate Harry because he's male isn't it? Great story keep up the great work.
Author's response- Well, he is just a man you know...
Sign up to review this story.