Resolution of the Snape conflice, Hermione's Birthday and Pirates, a large ugly troll comes for visit.
- regarding your AN, I can't say I'm a comic geek... was into X-Men years ago, but as yet I haven't found all that many comic crossovers that I liked (especially x-men, sadly) other than Terminal Justice which is actually a cross of a HP fanfic and the Justice League.... in any case, I LOVE this story, I was never all that into IronMan even when I read comics, but this story..... more, More, MORE, MOAR!!!
ahem anyway, thank you for the chapter.... a nice christmas present!
Author's responseThanks for the kind words, glad you like it.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2007-12-24 10:19:03 PMSounds like a gruesome end to the battle. There really wasn't much I disliked about this chapter. Snape was almost disturbingly reasonable, but I guess that can't be a bad thing.
Looking forward to more.
Author's response- Thanks
- It is too bad Snape and Harry patched things up. At least it seems Snape is capable of separating Harry from his father. It will be interesting to see how they react in the future. The fact that Snape realised he handled his interaction with Harry badly does earn him points.
- Ok, so I have a very vague understanding of the Marvel Universe, but even so, this is extremely entertaining and awesome. I may even resort to performing the Imperius Curse on you to keep this story going. Be warned. :P
Author's response- Damned Dark beings, so pushy.
(#) ALConfederate 2007-12-25 12:38:09 AM::laughing:: I thought you were giving a shout-out to the song "Hermione Granger the Pirate Queen" when the pirate bit kicked in. Still, a nice touch.
Not a real comics geek, not anymore, anyway. You're just doing a very nice job with Harry in this story. Keep it coming!
- That's a hell of a place to leave them.
Pirate bit was funny.
Looks like you're going for a competent Snape.
Screams are fine just don't have everyone fainting all the time. Actually indicates health problems. unrealistic.
Sorry, that's just starting to be a pet peeve about some stories.
That's a heck of a place to stop.
That was an evil, evil cliffy.
Minor delf-extinguishing flame: Harry's way too mature.
That sums up pretty much the good and the bad side of things. The Pirate thingy was great, and i do believe that he relies a bit too much on his tech. If you haven't anything highly specialized planned for Snape, could you please have Harry give him a lesson in muggle chemistry or something? You have room for it, and the clout to pull it off, i think. Ah well. Write the story you want to write. It's the one i want to read.
Author's response- No, Yarr!
- Oh... yuck/. I bet that Harry releasing his whole magic charge into the troll has left a really, /really nasty mess for Filch to clean up. I strongly suspect that this is going to be the girls' first understanding about just how powerful Harry is.
I did love the bit with Snape. We start to see the differences between gryffindor!Harry and ravenclaw!Harry. This version of our hero plans a few moves ahead, something that a 'charge forwards' Gryff would have a hard time doing. We also see this in the confrontation with Draco. Harry is aiming to disarm instead of destroy, at least for now.
This story is keeping its momentum and I look forward to seeing more.
Author's response- Perhaps more importantly, they will see what using this magic does TO him.
- I've upset quite a few people with the Snape scene... I've been getting 'stinking Snape Lover' emails all day. Odd really, I detest the git, and am trying to make him less of an ass in my story.
- Draco, of course, isn't going to roll over just because of Harry's friendly words... Which isn't to say that he hasn't made sense to some of the Slytherins...