Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Merry Christmas

by BananaPandas 0 reviews

(OneShot) Katara/Zuko A little something, a card, a little note. SOMETHING!!! That's all she wanted for Christmas from him. Just a little something for her.

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-25 - Updated: 2007-12-25 - 875 words - Complete

-1Illiterate
Summary: (OneShot) Katara/Zuko
A little something, a card, a little
note. SOMETHING!!! That's all she
wanted for Christmas from him. Just
a little something for her.
---------------------------------

( K.A.T.A.R.A'S P.O.V )
It was Christmas Eve on Friday the last day of school before Chirstmas Break. I came to school all nervous just for one thing, his gift for me. Not that I'm greedy or anything but I just want a little something from him. I slowly opened my locker waiting for something to fall out. Then there it was a little gift wrapped in light blue with deep watery blue ribbons. THAT MUST BE IT! OMG HE ACTUALLY GOT ME SOMETHING! But then disappointment washed over me when I saw the tag.
To: Katara
From: Aang
Not that I DON'T like Aang or anything....it's just that....I really wanted a gift from a special someone ELSE. I sighed in defeat and then started unwrapping the present. Oh......another mini colorful paper fan....NOT that I hate it....but Aang gives me a different color fan every Christmas.....he gives EVERYONE a different color every Christmas. I then shoved my bag into my locker while gathering my books up and slammed my locker shut only to have Aang's cheerful face pop up.
"HI KATARA!!! Did you like my present?" I took one look at his childish happy face and forced out a grin.
"Yeah! Now I get to add it to my collection!" I said cheerfully hoping he wouldn't see through my act. Aang stared at my face for a few minutes then grinned.
"Ok!!" Then he skipped off to Toph's locker in a hurry. Wow what a lot of energy. I thought before heading to my next class like a good student. Still no present from that special person. I sighed heavily and entered the empty classroom. Well i thought it was empty but there he was sitting in the front of the classroom with his shaggy dark hair and firey amber eyes. He noticed my presence and nodded my way muttering a good morning as I walked to my desk.
"Merry Christmas." I said, hoping it would drop a hint and he would instantly hand me a beautifully wrapped present. But he just nodded and replied back softly.
"Merry Christmas..."
Then there was an akward scilence as I took out my notebook and started copying down random notes on the board.
"So..." I said trying to make a conversation as he swiftly looked up making his amber eyes meet my watery blue ones.
"Um....I....are...you...uh.." I said stuttering but then Sokka bursted into the classroom interrupting me.
"Hi, Katara!" Then he noticed him sitting there and glared.
"You..." Sokka hissed as he glared back but then glanced at me and ignored Sokka. Fortunatly though the bell rang and everyone started filing inside the classroom and the desks started to fill up beginning class. But I still didn't get a present.
( L.U.N.C.H )
I entered the cafiteria and went to my usual table with Aang, Toph, Sokka, Haru, Suki, and him......
"HEY KATARA!! WHAT ARE YOU STANDING THERE FOR?? HURRY UP!" I glanced up to see Aang waving me to come over as he just sat there quietly staring his sandwich not daring to look up.
"Coming!" I shouted back quickly jogging over to the table as Toph made room for me.
"So..." I started looking directly at him.
"Hi." He said softly and started chewing slowly at his sandwich, as everyone started chattering but us two.
"Katara, Merry Christmas." Toph said hesitating before handing me a small green bracelet.
"Thanks, Toph!" I said smiling while glancing at him to see if maybe he was going to hand me something too. But all he did was freeze and stare at his sandwich again. After a while I finally stood up and lowered my head as my eyes started to mysteriously water.
"Um.. I...I...I gotta go!" I said while running out not looking back...ever again.
( A.F.T.E.R S.C.H.O.O.L )
I packed up my stuff and closed my locker slowly and sighed sadly. Still no present.....maybe he just really doesn't care.
"Katara.." said a soft voice behind me as I quickly whirled around to see....him.
"Walk home with me?" He asked quietly. I slowly nodded hopping he didn't see my dark red blush. But it didn't really make a difference because again while we were walking home there was this strange and uncomfterable silence. But of course being me I bursted and broke down.
"DO YOU NOT LIKE ME?" I asked fearing for a bad answer. He just stood there in shock staring at me with those firey bold amber eyes and then he calmed down. "Do you think I dislike you?" He challenged me back.
"I...I....I...don't..." But then he leaned in slowly and softly pressed his lips against mine lightly. After a few seconds he pulled back and smirked at me.
"Merry Christmas, Katara." I smiled and blushed while taking his hand in mine.
"Merry Christmas, Zuko." I whispered softly.
"Thank you for the best Christmas present ever."
Sign up to rate and review this story