Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > True Blue

Chapter One

by Luleeluhrahh 5 reviews

Patrick said he'd never date a fan. Then he met Molly.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [X] - Published: 2007-12-19 - Updated: 2007-12-31 - 692 words

1Original
Molly stumbled out of the busy coffee shop and onto the even more crowded Chicago street. Her arms were loaded down with her purse, coffee, and several folders from work. She was going to be late, and her boss definitely wouldn't be happy. As she wove her way through the busy crowd she glanced down at her watch. She was five minutes late and she wasn't even halfway there yet. She ran her free hand through her straight brown hair, keeping her eyes on her feet as she walked. Molly gasped as she felt herself collide with something, and put her hands out just in time to catch herself.

"Fuck, this is exactly what I need right now," she muttered bitterly under her breath.

All her belongings were scattered about on the cold sidewalk. Molly picked herself up off the ground and knelt to pick up her things.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry. Let me help you," came a voice.

She looked up at him as he crouched down to help her. His beautiful blue-green eyes were hidden behind thick, black-rimmed glasses. A hat was perched on top of his head proclaiming his love for bingo. Molly recognized him, but she just couldn't put her finger on it.

"Thank you," she said quietly, still watching him as he picked up various papers, shoving them carelessly into various folders.

"It's no problem, I should have been watching where I was going," he replied. "I'm just surprised that you didn't scream and beg for an autograph or something."

"Pardon me?"

"Sorry, I'm just used to it."

Molly stared at him confusedly for a moment, before her mouth finally curved into a surprised "O" before fading into an even bigger smile.

"You're that guy from Fall Out Boy, aren't you?" she asked, trying not to giggle.

She wasn't really a fan girl, but she found it funny, how cliché it all was.

"Patrick Stump," he smiled at her.

He had an amazing smile.

"Molly Marshall," she grinned back at him.

She stared at him for a moment, getting lost in his handsome features. Finally, it clicked in her mind that she was now at least ten minutes late, and in definite trouble.

"Thank you so much, it was great meeting you, but I really have to get to work," She said, quickly scooping her things back into her arms. Patrick stood up, and Molly followed suit.

"At least let me get you another coffee," he offered, gesturing to the now empty cup in his hand.

"That's alright, I really need to go. I'm already late."

She turned and rushed down the sidewalk, leaving Patrick standing behind her, staring helplessly. As Molly started to disappear into the crowd he called out to her, walking briskly her way.

"Molly!" he shouted.

She stopped in her tracks, turning back around to face him. The frigid December wind blew her hair out of her face. She was beautiful, and Patrick had to remind himself to speak.

"Can I see you again?" He asked nervously. Patrick wasn't the best when it came to relationships. He had never been this forward with a complete stranger before, but something just drew him to Molly.

Molly beamed back at him, "Uh, sure."

She walked back towards him and tore a piece off of one of the folders and quickly wrote her number on it.
Patrick took it and tucked it safely into his back pocket.

"So, I guess I'll talk to you later," he said, turning back around, smiling to himself.

Author's Note: This is the first story out of several requests I received, and I really hope you guys like it. Please, please, please review. I really want to know what you guys think, and I'll update a lot quicker. And I really need a Beta (a proofreader, somebody I can run the chapters by before I post them to get their opinion and make sure everything flows alright and stuff like that.) if you want to be my Beta (which it would be greatly appreciated) let me know in a review or E-mail me at Luleeluhrahh@yahoo.com. Thank you for reading!
Sign up to rate and review this story