Categories > TV > House

A Walk in the Rain

by seldra 0 reviews

House/Chase SLASH. The title says it all. Seriously.

Category: House - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gregory House,Robert Chase - Published: 2007-12-31 - Updated: 2007-12-31 - 817 words - Complete

1Funny
Title: A Walk in the Rain
Author: seldra
Fandom: House M.D.
Pairing: House/Chase
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: House continues to be owned by David Shore and an assortment of other people who are not me.
Summary: the title says it all. Seriously.
Notes: this was written for 10_snuggles on LJ; the prompt was "umbrella." The equation House + Chase + umbrella in my brain simply produced this and it wrote itself. It's short and doesn't make a lot of sense, but I decided to keep it that way. It's sorta cute to my way of thinking, of course it could still be total crap to everyone else. ;)




It was pouring when Chase left the hospital. Overhead, the black sky grumbled and bellowed. Thick sheets of rain slammed into the pavement, forming puddles like miniature lakes at his feet.

“Just great. A perfect end to a perfect day.”

“Afraid it’ll ruin your perfect hair?”

Chase cringed inwardly at House’s voice.

“Patient’s cured. Cameron’s doing the paperwork. I’m going home,” he said, shrugging his messenger bag higher on his shoulder and lifting an umbrella. It unfurled with a loud snap and he stepped out the door.

House came after him. “So what you’re saying is, your hair will be fine.”

Chase cast his boss a withering gaze. “I suppose it will.”

House stepped beside him so quickly Chase had no chance to move out of the way, and snatched his umbrella.

Shrugging, Chase continued after him. He was too tired to argue and he wasn’t likely to win a fight with House anyways, especially not over something as trivial as his personal property.

“You’re awfully close, aren’t you?”

“Well it is raining and you did steal my umbrella.”

House glanced at him and Chase stared resolutely ahead, not thinking about how their arms brushed and definitely not thinking about the heat of House’s gaze. He hated that gaze, like it could peel his skin off layer by layer and dissect every thought and feeling. Like he knows and he’s just doing this to make me miserable. Which, knowing House, was quite likely.

Chase wasn’t even sure why he was putting himself through this. It was just rain. It wasn’t like he would melt. But now he couldn’t very well back off, it would look like he was cowering. His thoughts continued to ramble on in this manner and suddenly he realized they were standing in front of his car.

“Not the best weather for riding your bike, is it?” Oh please God don’t say I have to give him a ride home now.

“The cold — the chill hurts me leg.”

Chase stopped. It came so far out of left field he didn’t know what to say. House always complained about his leg but this was different.

“It’s like knives,” he rounded on him, and they were face to face beneath the umbrella, so close Chase could feel the heat of House’s breath.

“Hundreds of sharp, icy knives drilling into my leg.”

He was fairly certain he shouldn’t be turned on by this. He swallowed. It was impossible to turn away from House’s gaze.

“Hold the umbrella,” House said. He leaned closer. Chase seemed to be trapped in a dream, he couldn’t move. He could barely think.

He felt House’s rough lips pressed against his own. The coarse stubble of House’s beard scratched his cheeks and his jaw. He felt one hand gripping his shoulder painfully. The kiss was blistering and intrusive, demanding. The sound of the rain hitting the umbrella seemed to be coming from very far away.

When House broke the kiss and straightened Chase still couldn’t breathe. His mind was reeling.

“You better not faint,” House said. “I forgot to mention, the rain also makes me horny. Now get in the car.”

“Hey, wait just a minute, you can’t—”

House’s hand on his shoulder again, this time driving him backwards so that he stumbled against the car door. He felt the cold rain-drenched metal against his back and shivered as House’s hand began sliding down his chest. He could barely hold the umbrella.

House stared at him for a moment. Their eyes met. Chase couldn’t imagine what he looked like – shivering, shocked – but House was obviously looking at something, or looking for something, in his expression.

“Oh, hell,” he said finally, grabbing the umbrella out of Chase’s hand and tossing it to the ground. It clattered against the asphalt and Chase felt the cold pellets of rain begin drenching his hair and jacket. House leaned forward again, grabbing him roughly and pinning him against the side of the car. Chase felt the kiss electrifying every inch of his skin. His heart was racing.

And he began kissing back.





END.
Sign up to rate and review this story