Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

No Quarter

by youkai_girl 0 reviews

Ichigo understands the concept of mercy. Putting it into practice is sometimes harder than it sounds. Ichigo and Isshin, with a brief appearance Karin. Short fic.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Characters: Kurosaki Ichigo,Kurosaki Isshin - Published: 2007-12-31 - Updated: 2007-12-31 - 320 words - Complete

2Insightful
No Quarter
by: eternalsailorsolarwind AKA youkai_girl

Disclaimer: Bleach and all of its characters are owned by Tite Kubo, his Japanese publishers, and Viz. Me, I just own some merchandising.

A/N: Written for the week three prompt at the bleach_contest community at LiveJournal, Mercy. Ichigo understands the concept of mercy. Putting it into practice is sometimes harder than it sounds. Ichigo and Isshin, with a touch of Karin.

0o0o0o0o0o

As a fighter, Ichigo has always understood the concept of mercy. Even back when he was fighting punks on the street with Chad, he knew when to pull a punch or when to stop the fight. Once he had become a substitute /shinigami/, the distinction became even greater. “Mercy” became more relevant. It was truly life or death.

As a warrior, he had learned – often the hard way – when to dole out mercy, and when a death stroke was necessary. Ichigo had both extended mercy to his opponents on the battlefield, and received it from his enemies, much to his chagrin and embarrassment. He also knew that he was more prone to extend it to others than his Soul Reaper allies; it showed his humanity.

There was, however, a limit to everything.

“/Oyaji/,” roared Ichigo, climbing back to his feet. He wiped the trail of blood from the corner of his mouth where the surprise kick had managed to catch him. “What kind of idiot father attacks his son every time he walks in the door?”

“Ichigo! You need more training! I should never have been able to surprise you that way,” cried Isshin, still holding his post-kick pose.

“I am gonna make you beg for mercy, old man,” snarled the orange-haired boy, closing in on his father. “And I ain't gonna listen when you do.”

In her room, Karin merely sighed and put on her earphones as her father started to howl in pain.
Sign up to rate and review this story