Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > We Don't Take Hits, We Write Them

We Don't Take Hits, We Write Them

by romanceisdead11 3 reviews

What happens when someone you love is dying, and the only thing you can do to stop it is something rash, and something totally out of your mind? PatrickxOC

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-01-01 - Updated: 2008-01-01 - 1099 words

1Ambiance
We Don’t Take Hits, We Write Them
Romanceisdead11
Chapter One:
Prologue: Did The Means Justify The End?
“And you lock the house to keep your secret from coming out.”

The first thing I thought when I was being dragged away in handcuffs was ‘Would I ever see them again? Would they ever forgive me?’ Did my means justify the ends?’’
My name is Kaydence Carlisle. I’ve made many mistakes this week. I hatched a plan to kidnap a celebrity, so I could save my sister who had cancer. We couldn’t afford chemo. I didn’t know how else to get the money. I was so confused and troubled. The second mistake I made was the stupidest thing I could ever do inside this whole plot. For you to fully understand what I did, and why I did it I have to take you back to a week ago when I found out my little sister was dying of cancer.
X=0=X
“I’m sorry to tell you this Ms. Carlisle, but your sister has cancer,” I knew what the words were before they left her mouth.
I swallowed the tears down hard. “What options do we have? How much will the treatment cost?”
“We can do chemo. It’s the only treatment for an aggressive cancer like this.” Her face looked regretful, and pitiful.
I sighed. “I need to know how much it costs.”
“Kaydence, we can set up payment plans. We can get your sister the help she needs. We can find you health care, and we can set up something,” she suggested.
“That’s not going to work,” I said sadly. I had no job, I had no area of expertise, and I never got a high school diploma. I hadn’t made it to college.
My mother left us when I was seventeen. My sister, Alexis, was fourteen. She was just starting high school, too. Those were years she was never going to get back. We had no idea where my dad was. He left us; at least that’s what my mother said. She also said she was never going to leave like he did, but look at us now.
It’s been seven years since she left. I’m twenty-four, and my sister, twenty-one. I’m still taking care of her. We Carlisle’s, we stick together.
“Kaydence, let me help you find a job, and then we can start payment plans,” she pleaded with me.
I shook my head. “Natalee, that’s not going to work. I’ve looked everywhere. No one will hire a bum off the streets.”
“Kay, I’m your best friend. I’ve been your best friend for ten years. I hate to see you like this. I know you. You’re a rash person. You’re dramatic and emotional, and I’m afraid you’re going to do something very stupid.”
I looked at her now. She was right. And even now when I look back on this conversation I knew she was right. Maybe, her saying that gave me this ridiculous idea in the first place.
When she said those words, though, I knew that, that was the last time I would ever see her again. So, I took a moment to look at her, to take in every inch of her, to notice things about her that I never noticed before, little quirks, habits that I never really understood until now.
She had long straight cut medium brown hair. Her eyes were a chocolate sometimes honey comb color, her face was clear and skin was smooth. She had high eyebrows and cheekbones, and her nose was just the perfect shape for her face. I noticed how she stood; with a small lean like she was relaxing, even though this was a tense situation. Her body was lean and muscular.
Its funny how in those last few moments, when you know you’re leaving someone for good that you fully understand them, and the purpose they have in your life.
“I’m sorry, Nat, but I have to go,” I said grabbing my coat, and going outside.
My sister was waiting for me on the street. “So, what’s the verdict?” she asked
My sister was thin, and had fair skin. Her hair was blonde and wavy; her eyes were a light green, kind of like the sea. I smiled at her. “Nothing, everything checked out.”
I lied to her only because I didn’t want her to think she was going to die. I wasn’t ready for her to give up on her life just yet. I know I shouldn’t have lied to her. I know keeping her safe wasn’t the best excuse I could give for not telling her the truth, but if I told her now that she was dying of cancer that would be like admitting it to myself, and at that point I was still very much in denial.
We went back to our place underneath Harrison Street Bridge. It was only a cardboard box, but it was home. It meant more to us than any fancy home.
Alexis went off to bed, and I stayed up to watch the sunset, and the moon rise. There was nothing as magical as watching a moon rise. If I could afford a camera I would take pictures of it. I remember that was what I got for my sixteenth birthday was a digital camera. I wanted to be a photographer so bad. Back then I wanted to be a lot of things, an actor, a writer, a poet, an artist, a singer, a lover, a fighter. I gave up every part of that for my sister except for the fighting part. I did that everyday.
I listened to the cars go across the bridge. One whizzed by, and I heard their radio blaring. I heard the person singing the song, and I heard the words clearly through the night. “Hum hallelujah. Just off the key of reason. I thought I loved you . . .” And then that angelic voice just faded away.
And that’s when I knew. That’s when I cultivated the plan to kidnap whoever sang that song, and hold them for ransom. They must be famous, and therefore are willing to give a lot of money to my cause.
Little did I know I was going to fall into a mistake, little did I know I was going to fall in love.

A/N: Thank me later, and remember I write for the die hards. Thanks.
Sign up to rate and review this story