Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Back To The Future

Makes Me Smile

by GoogleGeek 5 reviews

Even grown men giggle at babies. Or maybe thier giggling at nicknames.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-01-03 - Updated: 2008-01-03 - 1220 words - Complete

1Exciting
Pete had called Patrick a numerous amount of times throughout the next two days. But, every time he called he had never managed to reach him. He wanted to tell Patrick that the last shows were a success and he also wanted to hear everything about the baby. That was if everybody was still alive, which sort of crossed Pete's mind when Patrick hadn't called him.

They walked through the hospital and entered the elevator. No more then a moment later they found themselves walking along the maternity ward. Pictures of babies were framed along the walls and a reception desk was placed up ahead.

"Hey," Andy whispered as he stopped in his tracks. "I'm going to see if there's like some play-area thing to take Cameron too."

"Okay," Joe nodded. "Do you mind if we go ahead?"

Andy shook his head."Nah, I'll catch up with you later."

"Alright," Mel agreed smiling. "We'll see you later."

"Later." he replied. He took Cameron's hand and they turned around and went back.

The rest of them continued thier search for the right number. At the end of the wide corridor they found a door engraved with the number 24. Pete nodded as he tapped on the door.

"Paaaaatriiiiick." He called through the door. He stretched out his name for his own personal pleasure."Paaaatriiiiick."

Joe chuckled. "Let me have a try!" He leaned up close to the door and cleared his throat. "Paaaaaaatriiiiiiiii-"

The door swung open as Joe tumbled to the shiny tiled ground. Standing there with one of the widest grin on thier face was Patrick who was holding the door open for them. He looked tired and worn out but yet still happy.

Joe scrambled to his feet and dusted himself off. Luckily, he hadn't fallen on his head because then he would of had to go to the hospital. Which, wouldn't actually be that bad considering they were already at a hospital. He shook away those thoughts as he waved at Patrick. "Hi!"

"I'm so glad you're here!" Patrick greeted as he led them in the room. "I don't think you guys have met my daughter." he added proudly as he nestled up next to a very tired Amy. In her arms she held a baby.

"Uh no, I don't think you've introduced us yet." Pete teased, walking over towards Amy. A smile curled at his lips as his eyes met the small person's and her tiny hands reached out in front of her. "Hi there." he cooed, playing with her small fingers.

"Oh my god Patrick," Mel squealed as she came closer. "She's so adorable. Can I hold her?"

Amy nodded as she carefully passed her daughter to Mel. Mel giggled as she looked down at her tiny features. "She's so light, I'm scared I'm going to drop her."

"6.4 pounds or 2.9 kilograms." Patrick beamed. "Which ever way you want to put it." his eyes directed towards the opening door.

Andy closed the door behind him softly as he began to smile. He pulled a chair next to Mel and watched the gurgling infant.

"Hi Andy." greeted Patrick.

Joe hesitated before joining them all in thier little super huddle. He seated himself down on the edge of the hospital bed and turned his gaze to Amy. "How you feeling, Amster?"

"Exhausted." she admitted with a chuckle "Joester."

"Okay, can somebody explain the 'ster' thing to me?" Pete said, his eyebrows creased together.

"It doesn't have an explanation, it's to cool for that." explained Joe. He then with a giddy smile recited every persons name in the room before stopping at Patrick. "You've always been Trickster so that's not changing."

"Uh, thanks." Patrick smirked. He watched his daughter get passed on to a very excited-looking Andy. "That's Kaitster." he added, softly.

Andy raised his eyebrow. "Kaister." he muttered under his breath as he was thinking it over, "Is that as in Kate?"

"Kaitlin." Amy corrected. "But, with a K."

Andy stared at the two of them with an amazed expression. He looked down at Kaitlin all wrapped up in a fuzzy pink blanket and bit his lip to fight back tears. "I hate you guys, you're going to make me cry." he confessed, bashfully.

Patrick laughed. "Let it all out Andster, I've had my fair share of tears over the last couple of days so it's all alright."

"Look Trickster, it's great that the whole 'ster' thing is catching on," Joe said. "But, you can't just throw it around whenever you please. That's not how it rolls."

Mel giggled before she checked the time. "Sorry everybody." she started as she stood up and gathered her stuff. "But, I have to leave."

"Aw, you suck." Pete moaned. "Why?"

Mel held her breath and gave a quick glance at Joe. "I have to meet a friend." she said slowly.

Joe rolled his eyes and smirked. "Your boyfriend?" he guessed.

"Uh, yeah." she admitted with a hint of sympathy in her voice. She bid her goodbyes and then quickly and quietly slipped out the door.

**-An Hour Later

"You're here!" he exclaimed as he jumped out of his chair and gave Mel one of the most tightest hugs she had received. His smile stretched freakishly and unnaturally large. "I haven't seen you in weeks, I miss you."

"Hey." she replied, flatly. "I missed you too."

"Sit down babe, take a look at what you're going to order this time."

She slid into the heart-shaped chair and inhaled the familiar and overpowering smell of fresh pizza dough. She glanced out through the long skinny window before her gaze rested on a man with an afro. She was disappointed when she realized it wasn't Joe.

" Mel?" his hand waved frantically in front of her. "Mel?"

"Yeah?" her head snapped back to attention as she tried to focus.

He sighed. "I asked how was the tour."

"Good." she sent him a tight-lipped smile. "Really. really good."

"You've met somebody else, haven't you?" he asked, his head hanging low.

"Babe," Mel slid her hand across the table to find his and shook her head. "There's nobody else."

"Mel, I'm not an idiot." he shrugged his shoulders and gazed deeply at her. "If there is somebody else please tell me, I'll handle it."

Mel shut her eyes and bit her lip. "I'm really, really sorry." she said, slowly.

He looked up at the glowing ceiling. "I knew it." he muttered under his breath. "What's his name?" he asked trying to keep his voice calm and smooth.

"Joe." she replied, feeling shame.

His hand escaped from under hers. "Does that mean we're over?" he asked lightly.

"Would you get terribly mad?"

He shook his head sadly. "No." he reluctantly said."But, you have to promise we'll stay friends."

She nodded her head "Promise." she grinned.

"And, if you two get married I've got to be at that wedding." he added with a smirk. He stood up and wrapped his arms around Mel.

"Thanks, I love you." she said gratefully. "Love as in friends." she added.

He sighed and let go. "I know."

__


A/N:

Not many chapters left my dears. So, I've got to thank gangster's while I still get the chance.

medicatedlives, mooniexmisfit and xxACoalMinexx I'm sending you my love. Each one of you are the shizz!
Sign up to rate and review this story