Categories > Original > Romance > The Closest That I Am To Living Life On The Edge

I will break into your thoughts with what's written on my heart

by makeXitXthrough 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-01-03 - Updated: 2008-01-04 - 487 words

0Unrated
I stirred in my sleep when a beam of sun came down and poked me in the eye.
“Sara…Sara, wake up,” I heard my best friend and band mate, Jack Kerrigan’s, voice calling softly. “Wake up,” he said a little louder.
I didn’t answer because I was still half asleep. And I could tell that it was early. I heard him get up and walk away. Seconds later, the trunk of our van opened and I rolled out and onto the gravel parking lot.
“Shit,” he said quietly.
I sat up and looked up at him, squinting my eyes in the bright sun. “What time is it?” I asked.
“About nine thirty,” he answered.
“Oh. Why am I awake?”
“Because you have to help.”
“Where are we?” I asked after a minute.
“Sunny Pomona, California!” he said happily.
“Oh,” I said again.
Suddenly, I jumped up off the ground.
“Fuck!” Jack yelled before sprinting away from me at top speed.
I laughed as we weaved in and out of busses, vans, and trailers, past people and past piles of equipment. I finally caught up with him and tackled him lightly to the ground.
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” he said frantically, while I laughed and tickled him with no mercy. “Stop! Please,” he choked out between uncontrollable laughing.
“Fine,” I said, stopping. “If you’ll let me wear your jeans onstage for the next week.”
“That’s it?” he asked apprehensively.
“The black ones that I’m always begging for,” I said.
When he hesitated, I started tickling him again until he finally managed to say, “Alright! You win! You can wear the pants!”
“Thank you,” I said simply, getting off him and walking back toward the van.
When I got there, another of our band mates and Ryan’s little brother, Ryan Kerrigan, was loading cardboard boxes of merch out of our trailer and onto a dolly to wheel toward wherever our tent was.
“Where have you guys been?” he asked us when we got closer to the trailer.
“Somebody decided it would be a good idea to wake me up by opening the back of the van. I rolled onto the gravel,” I told him, glaring at the side of Jack’s head.
“So did you beat the crap out of him?” Ryan asked, laughing.
“No, but my revenge is so much sweeter,” I said. When he looked at me expectantly, I told him about my victory with the pants.
Ryan turned and shook his head at his older brother. “Dude. She has got you pinned. She’s got you by the balls. For real,” he said before laughing and wheeling away his boxes.
Jack and I stood there staring at each other for a minute before bursting out laughing. I lifted a box onto one shoulder and put another under one of my arms and followed Ryan at a distance.
Sign up to rate and review this story