Categories > Original > Drama

Lux Perpetua Luceat

by DangerousMind 0 reviews

Lilith is suddenly swept into a dark realm ruled by war, her only ally the Vampire King, Cain, who is hellbent on making her love him. Pursued by the Order, hated by the vampiric empire, and hunted...

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [R] [Y] - Published: 2008-01-04 - Updated: 2008-01-05 - 2287 words

0Unrated

A/N: Finally an idea that's been floating around for quite some time in my head is now words! Sorry if this chapter seems a bit weird, there's supposed to be an element of humour somewhere in there. :p The story is way more serious, it doesn't start off that way. If you can make it to the third or fourth chapter, you're golden. Got some rewrites planned for the first couple.

Lux Perpetua Luceat

(Chapter I: Is he some kind of Ex-Boyfriend?)

-For the dead, Lord, may eternal light shine

You know, sometimes I wonder how I ended up like this. I mean now that I look back on it I know I made um...a few mistakes. Yeah let's call them mistakes. A lot of the blame also goes to my ancestors too ya know. And to Catholicism and an underground society.

And to uh, God.

So /how/exactly did I end up the bride of the King of Vampires and Queen to their entire race? Well, I think we better go back to the beginning for this one...

. I .

Lilith Devereux was a normal girl, young woman she would say on the account of turning 18 in only three more months, despite the fact that her eyes would sometimes go far off and one would wonder if she was really there or not. She was creative and a fantastical dreamer. She was very scrutinizing when it came to details and she never missed a beat. She was intellectual, cool and composed, and could handle any situation thrown in her direction. She was the most beautiful goddess in the entire world, not like that annoying Katie Ashby with her tacky poser fried blue hair-

"Lillums what the hell are you doing?? Hello, are you coming or not?"

She was completely kidding herself if she believed in half of those things. Lilith threw sarcastically out of the deep recesses of her mind. Except for the dreamer part. I'm good at that. "Hey! What have I told you about calling me...the name." she breathed out dramatically right in her friend's ear while making wiggly motions with her fingers.

Celine grimaced and attempted to push Lilith's hands out of her face, failing miserably as they dismounted the school bus. "We have to be the only seniors who still ride this thing." The wavy brunette commented, sounding a little unhappy. It was torture riding home in it everyday, the students boisterous and prone to throwing food around despite the bus driver's efforts to control them. Lilith scowled and gave her best friend a dirty look.

"Well it's not my fault you can't drive but it is your fault you totaled my car."

"Your dad's car."

"That makes it even worse!" the redhead exclaimed, smacking Celine. "So now, we will be doomed to continue riding this atrocity for the rest of our sad little high school lives."

"Indeed," her friend nodded trying to sound sagely, before adding on: "It's alright, you're too short to reach the pedals anyhow."

As Lilith considered the best attack strategy to brain Celine something out of place caught her eye. It was a man dressed entirely in black leaning against one of the front doors to the school. We usually go through those... she thought suspiciously. Upon further inspection, he appeared to have nearly pitch whiteskin, wore a pair of thick sunglasses with no reflection, and had long platinum blonde hair tied up loosely behind his head. "Jesus he looks creepy,"Lilith muttered.

"What?? No way! You're talking about that blonde guy over there right?" The other teen swooned, hands clasped together over heart. "I think that's my future husband."

"He looks like a freaking pedophile or something." The girl eyed him uneasily.

"He's so sexy!And looook, he's standing in front of OUR doors." Celine squealed, rocking back and forth, eyes glazed over.

"No way! I'm not going anywhere near him!" Lilith shouted, trying to free herself from the arm her friend had looped around her.

"Whhhy?"Celine whined, "He looks just like our type."

"Our?" she echoed, a little bothered by this statement.

"Oh come on,"the brunette said, stopping and turning around in the crowd, hands on her hips."I know you're completely paranoid about everything but seriously, what's wrong with trying to get a hot guy, who all dressed up like Wesker at that?"

"What's aWesker?" the redhead asked curiously.

"Funny how you get so easily distracted." Came the sarcastic reply.

"Honestly who're you talking about?"

"The guy from Resident Evil."

.I.

Riiiiight Iremember saying back to her. Like I was actually gonna know whatever weird character she was obsessing about now. The part that comes next is forever going to be ingrained into my head like when I accidentally clicked on a link my uncle has sent me.

.I.

As the two approached the doors, the man moved aside. Celine pulled open the door while giving the stranger a cute glance with a fluttering of the eyelashes. As Lilith was rolling her eyes and about to follow after her into the foyer she could swear that the man was eyeing her the whole time.

"It makes me so very happy to you again Sarah."

"What?!"Lilith gasped, jerking around to stare at the black figure. There was only one problem. He wasn't there anymore.

I've waited long years for you, my love.

"Who the hell are you talking to!" She yelled fist clenched at her side and eyes closed trying to shut out his voice. There was something so wrong about it. Something cold felt like it was coiling itself around her body, her insides, her mind, dear god /soul/. Icy ghost lips touched Lilith's own, trailing a down to the pulse point on her neck. /All mine.../it whispered. Invisible hands slid up and down her body, felt like they were slipping inside-

"Are you okay?" Lilith opened her eyes to see Celine and a number of other people in the foyer staring at her. "T-that guy! Didn't you see him?!" the alarmed girl ran up to the confused brunette and began to shake her shoulders. "Y-yeah I saw him." She replied startled.

"Well LOOK! He isn't there anymore!"

"He could've just walked away." Celine offered in a small voice, unsure of how to calm Lilith down, thinking that she was being more than a little unreasonable.

"HE DIDN'T!That freako just vanished!"

"Lilith you need to calm down." Her friend said assertively, removing the redhead's hands from her shoulders and holding on to them tightly.

Soon we will be together again Sarah, without shame, just like we always wanted.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Lilith screamed, hands to her ears. Why did this guy scare her so much? Her vision seemed to be warping and the people talking to her sounded like they had been placed behind glass.

I'll never be far from you again. Stop this nonsense. The bodiless voice seemed to take on atone of annoyance.

"...go to hell."She vaguely managed before the world spun before her eyes and the floor suddenly got a lot more personal.

.I.

Bright fluorescent lights were what Lilith woke up to. It took her a second to recognize the place until she tilted her head slightly, catching sight of the curtain obscuring the next cubicle from view. I'm in the emergency room. What happened to me? Then she remembered the man in black, the disembodied voice, the feeling of intense cold along with the hands... "I must have passed out." She said aloud, not really talking to anyone in particular.

"You did." A smooth rich voice answered. It sounded so...off. Like there was some sort of electrical buzz over it. There was a slight European accent to it but Lilith couldn't tell from where. /Doctor? /Her addled mind supplied.

"Not quite."

Lilith felt every nerve in body shriek to life as she flew up coming face to face with the blonde man from earlier. A wave of strong dizziness washed over her with the motion and she fell over with the motion. Arms caught her head and back, letting her hands fall limply beside her body. "H-h-hhuh?" she groaned, reaching for one of the arms, only to find nothing where there should have been something. A violent scream rose in her throat but when she made to open her mouth, no sound came out.

"Can't have that can we now? Didn't I tell you to calm down earlier?" the last part sounded demanded but the voice was still very soft and stoic. Lilith could almost picture the man frowning. Or maybe he was and she was just seeing him through her mind. That seemed the most logical explanation for what was going on now. What's wrong with me? Why do I feel so weak?

"It's most likely the mental exertion of communicating with a vampire for the first time."All the words seemed blurred out except for /vampire/. Even though she'd used the phrase many times before this was the truest time her whole self had ever felt '/WHAT THE IN UNHOLY SEA OF ENGLISH DO YOU MEAN'/.

"/Vampire/?"her jaw dropped and the world seemed to be spinning quite a bit more than the first time.

"Don't pass out again," he continued, real annoyance able to be heard this time. "I hate weak women."

"Fuck you."Had left Lilith's mouth as a natural reflex she'd unfortunately gotten herself into.

"It appears as though I'm to train you again. How irritating. Why would this be the form Sarah would choose to come back in?" It seemed to almost a rhetorical question, like he knew the answer but was just on the edge of grasping it.

"My name's not Sarah you utter creep, now who the hell do you think you are? /Train me/?Are you out of your mind or something? I'm not a slave!" Lilith slammed her hands down on the bed and propping herself up to properly glare at the man slash supposed vampire evilly.

"You seem to recover rather quickly. Especially that tongue of yours. Very well, my name is Cain." The blonde man stood up, drawing himself up to quite an impressive height. He had to be at least seven feet tall. The ire in his voice was apparent. Not a good sign.

Crap this is going to be difficult, Lilith thought. Narrowing her eyes, she asked, "Where's the doctor? Don't I get to see him?" And don't think you're getting away with just your name weirdo!

"You'll be fine in another few hours, there is really no point in him even coming in here; he will diagnose what I already know. I would also appreciate it if you stopped referring to me as a...freako." Cain spat the last word out in a distasteful manner.

"I call 'em like I see 'em!" Lilith shot back, giving him the finger in the process. Not even a second could have passed when Lilith felt cold steel wrap around her wrist. It felt like it would snap in another moment. Suddenly Cain's face was mere inches from her own. She tried to move back as fast as she could but smacked into a brick wall immediately behind her. "What's with all the weird tricks?!" she cried out, hoping she hadn't just given herself a concussion.

"Listen to me and listen well," the vampire's tone deadly and serious. "You will stop insulting me or I will teach you not to. It will be a supremely unpleasant experience at best, so I suggest you follow my instructions carefully." His voice was level and rather neutral. Lilith suspected he talked this way all the time. /Oh Christ this is going to be something,/something in her gut told her ominously. Despite the almost comical undertone due to the fact that this was like something out of a bad Dracula movie, Lilith still felt gutwrenching terror for her life. Doesn't seem he's gonna kill me, what with the whole 'train you' bit and all. Maybe if I piss him off enough? I wonder which is better in this situation; dying or living?

"I would never lose you again Sarah. Death is not something you will ever experience again."Cain's eyes became soft and distant, no longer boring into Lilith's. The grip he had on her wrist loosened. She studied him while he looked distracted. In the fluorescent hospital lighting he looked sickly white. His face looked like it had been carved out of marble. Like a statue. This thought seemed horrible to Lilith for some reason. As the light hit Cain's hair it could only be compared to a river flowing, the sun reflecting diamonds in the water. Shit, he has nicer hair than mine. It almost looked...alive, if that were possible. His eyes were the most disturbing though. They were bloody red and had the appearance of jewels in a skull. He was kind of mesmerizing to look at. Magical even?

Cain's eyes snapped to meet hers and they stared at each other for a moment before he pulled her upright with inhuman speed. Unable to look away or say anything, Lilith felt like a doll.

Time to go home my queen.

.I.

And so began my journey into something I could never have begun to even fathom.

.I.

A/N: Well there you have the sarcastic, full of cussing, possibly slow on the uptake Lilith and grumpy, enigmatic, drill sergeant Cain! Go to my profile where there's a link to my deviantart account to those who want to see artwork done for the story, although often in the descriptions I leave quite a bit of spoilers.


Sign up to rate and review this story