Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 42: Bandwagon’s Full

by VikkiMole 5 reviews

‘at gerard’s house be home soon long story x’ My reply was

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-01-10 - Updated: 2008-01-10 - 1427 words

1Exciting
I finally got a text from Patrick at quarter to nine just after dropping Gerard back at his house. I was a little annoyed. For two reasons actually. One: Gerard had completely drenched my passenger seat with his big, fat, wet, grinning ass. Two: Patrick had just now got back to me and the message I got wasn’t the one I was looking forward to.

‘Where are you?’ The text read.

Where are you?! What the hell?! I’ve been waiting for an answer from him since half ten this morning and when he does get back to me it’s to tell me off for not telling him where I’ve been. That got me riled just a little. I decided to remain calm for the time being. Still parked up outside Gerard’s house I flicked up the ‘write new message’ screen. I sighed as I typed.

‘at gerard’s house be home soon long story x’ My reply was

I never put capitals in my writing. Especial with text and I.M. I don’t know, it’s laziness I guess. Back to the whole ‘busy life’ excuse. I never had time for good grammar in friendly, non-work-related messages. Hell, I hardly had time for good grammar in work. That was Gerard’s job. He was editor, of course. It was his job to take all of my mistakes and bad spelling and make it look like I was perfect. Clearly, I’m not. Flunked English remember.

I didn’t get a message back. He probably didn’t think it was necessary. I did say I’d be home soon after all. I wondered if he’d got the job. That would be awesome. Patrick got so enthusiastic about music and records. I’m sure it would only make him happier, staying in an environment where he came in contact with other music junkies. I figure, that could help with the band too. Okay, so we’re not much of a band yet. I mean, we haven’t played to anyone else apart from the four of us. Oh, Joe’s mom once listened but when asked what she thought she just nodded. I think she’s still scared of me. Don’t blame her really.

I could see the twinkling light coming through the bare apartment window. I still hadn’t gotten any blinds or a curtain for that window. Not one that I liked anyhow. There was already a curtain up there but as I said before, I never close it. I have been prone to S.A.D. Seasonal Affective Disorder. Yeah, even in the summer. I don’t know, I like just locking myself away sometimes. Kind of a habit from when I was younger. Sometimes I hear my mom’s voice in my head. I can usually shut her up. It’s the whole: ‘You’re wasting your life’ part that gets to me most.

I locked up my car. I’ve grown to hate my flashy little ride. Locking it was just automatic now, but really I couldn’t care less if it was stolen. It just was an incorporation of everything I was way back when. Full of myself, egotistical. An asshole basically. That wasn’t me anymore. I don’t think it was me anyway. I like to think I’d changed but does anyone really change? Surely, you couldn’t change someone in just over a week. I felt different. I felt happier. That didn’t mean I was different though. Maybe I was just the same old asshole but a little more tolerant? That’s why everyone has yet to feel my wrath.

I skip the stairs, too tired and lazy to climb them. Instead I push the button for the elevator and wait patiently for the doors to open. Stepping in, I press the button for the third floor and lean back. Everything was still so scheduled. Taking 32 seconds to walk from my car to the building cause I have this one parking spot I always use. Taking 6 seconds to decide to pick the elevator over the stairs. 12 seconds until the elevator came to the bottom floor. 21 seconds for the trip up to the third floor. It was all the same. This mind numbing monotony that was my apartment. I was thinking, no, wishing I could move away from there. Everything just reminded me of what a crappy life I led. I suppose the whole movie-like display from Gerard got me thinking. It would be amazing just to live in a little fantasy world like he did. Doing what he wanted, when he wanted. Being romantic, brave and dashing. Being everyone’s knight in shining armour. What about me? I was replaceable. Nobody could really say: ‘Oh, Pete.. I know him.. He was the ____ one’. There was nothing particularly good about me. Nothing really worth remembering. Nevermind.

I jiggled the handle of the front door, knowing Patrick must be already home. He was stood leaning over the kitchen counter with three coffees out in front of him. Great, Joe’s here. Not that there was anything wrong with Joe. Joe was hilarious and a nice guy to be honest. Still, I didn’t want him around constantly. I mean, this is a relationship not a crowd, right? I looked around, expecting to see that goofy smile that I’d grown accustom but discovered he was nowhere to be found. Instead, sat on my couch was another guy with an afro. No, not Ray. In fact, I’d never met this guy before. Well, I didn’t really know any black people.

‘Hey Trick’ I called, not taking my eyes off of the back of the visitor’s head

‘Hey Pete’ Patrick pushed a cup of coffee into my hand, and lifted his own, joining our guest

I hesitantly went to their side, dropping myself down on to the arm of the couch next to Patrick. This guy was quite tall I would imagine. He had long legs. Not that that is relevant to anything at all. I just get very intimidated by people taller than me. So, everyone. He had dark brown eyes and a wicked grin. Something about him just screamed ’gangster’. Maybe that’s a little racist. I mean, I don’t assume that all black people are from ‘da hood’ or that they all carry glocks. That didn’t mean that I wasn’t a little bit freaked out that he was in my apartment and on my couch. I’d be freaked out if anyone I didn’t know just turned up on my couch.

I looked at Patrick who had this confused and semi concerned expression on his face as did our guest. Oh shit, I must have been staring at him. He’ll probably get really offended and shout and then leave so Patrick will be mad at me and then he’ll leave and I’ll never see him again and I’ll be all alone and… I’m still staring. Look away! Look away! Look away! Look away! Look aw…

‘Pete?’ My head snapped to look at Patrick

‘Yeah?’ I answered, still staring, stop staring!

‘Man, why do you keep eyeballing me?’ The stranger asked, looking as nervous as I felt

‘Sorry…’ I half giggled, stupidly speaking my mind as usual, ‘It’s just.. .I like.. your hair? It’s…an afro…’

‘Really?’ The guy asked, okay, now I’m confused

Patrick sighed, smirking. He pointed at the guy sat to his left.

‘Pete, this is Travis’ Patrick said, Travis nodded, outstretching his hand to me

I instantly took it and shook his hand. Okay, at least he’s not completely offended and I’m keeping staring to a minimum. He seems nice. Travis. Never seen him before. Although, he did look a little familiar. I wondered where Patrick met him. I wondered why he was in my apartment. I wondered why I was wondering so much today.

‘So, Travis…’ I cleared my throat, gesturing slightly with my hand, ‘Where did you guys meet?’

And why are you in my apartment? That would be my new question. I thought that might be a bit rude though so I just waited for an answer for the first question. Patrick smiled at Travis and then me. Travis shrugged.

‘Long story really,’ Travis answered

My face was burning with jealously. I was back to my old self again. Oh god, we’re in for a long night.
Sign up to rate and review this story