- I like this story.
Interesting choice putting (boy) Potter into Puff but it does show just how a person can change over the course of 4 years and just how bad an idea it is the sort people by traits.
Author's response- Especially when you consider that few people are anything like they were at 11 when they're 15...
- Very interesting - Harry/Harri not being at the home on Privet Drive does have quite an effect. I wonder what -this- version of Umbridge will think when both of them show up at Hogwarts. 'Twould be interesting to see what forces set matters so that Luna would be the only one not switched in sex between the two universes - possibly she has skills that are sexed linked and either Harry or Harri would need them.
So -this- Harry got sorted into Hufflepuff, that's not really that surprising, given that he's got excellent traits for all four houses but one trait that's been honed through his four years at "our" Hogwarts was loyalty to his friends. It should be quite interesting to see how -this- fifth year goes. I foresee considerable turmoil for -this- world's Umbridge when two very practical combat minds start working together with two Houses to call upon.
Author's response- Guess Harri forgot to mail in her 'change of address' card...
- Luna, in a spasm of unoriginality, will turn out to not be as loony as her reputation would indicate...
- It might not be health to be in the Inquisitor's squad...
(#) Terdwilicker 2008-01-10Good to see another chapter. I hope you'll write the next one more quickly as I'm curious how it will turn out. Kudos on sorting Harry into Hufflepuff. He really is very loyal, so it suits him. Reversed sexual harassment is hilarious. More please!
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2008-01-10Another excellent update. I love the shifts in traditional gender roles to match up. You might want to go over the train sequence after Ronnie got back and check for instances of "he" and/or "his" that should be "she" and/or "hers". Also, you added a "Hermione said" to the end of a sentence about the Ravenclaw prefects when Orestes refused to become a prefect. Better be careful with copying so closely from the book. Too many gender switches to catch with one read through.
Looking forward to more.
(#) ROBERT_1958 2008-01-11Great story.
Why not put Harry into Gryffindor again?
Please update soon?
Author's response- It's been done, besides hanging about with someone who for all intents and purposes is YOU only the wrong gender would be disturbing don't you think?
(#) slayersfan01 2008-01-11Very nice! I was wondering how you were going to pull off a Harry/Luna, and that was an interesting way of doing it! The only exception to the gender swap...LOL! I am so loving this fic! Please, update this more often! This and Acts of Betrayal are your best fics!
- Interesting idea. I was obviously hoping for Ravenclaw. Love his reactions against Malfoy
Author's response- I've already got a Ravenclaw Harry over in Technomage. I thought long and hard about putting Harry in with the claws, arguably the least defined house, but in the end, the only thing that got me was easier access to Luna, which isn't always a good thing.
- Another well done chapter. I still get a headache trying to translate everyone (except Luna, of course... why did that not shock me?) into their transgender analogs, but fun nonetheless.
I can understand your rationale for putting him as a 'Puff, but I wonder how you are going to get him to make connections with other people there. I am sure you can do it, I just don't know how!
Good job and keep it up!
(#) toranosuke 2008-01-11Very nice story, Hufflepuff was a bit of a surprise but looking back I don't really see why. Love the reverse roles in flirting and particularly the word 'satyrmaniac'. I'm also enjoying the interaction with Luna and am very curious as to why she didn't get a sex change. Will there be others like her?
Keep writing and I'll keep reading ;-)
Author's response- The laws of probability say that there are probably millions of people who didn't change... but Harry didn't know any of them, and didn't notice....
Sign up to review this story.