Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > Outside Wants In

If You Come Softly

by ShanniC 0 reviews

Sixteen years ago Youko raped an African priestess. She died giving birth to his half demon child. Faced with an opportunity to get to know his teenage daughter, can Kurama atone for his past sins?...

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Kurama - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2008-01-11 - Updated: 2008-01-11 - 524 words

-1Cliche
Outside Wants In

-

If You Come Softly

-

“Are you going to play with that rose or are you going to talk to your pup?”

Hiei asked among the silence as we rested in our hotel room. The tournament was over, and we were enjoying our last night on the island. I glanced at my friend, unsure of how to answer. From the looks of curiosity I received from all present, I knew an explanation was in order. Botan looked at me with shame, while Genkai’s stare was as grim as ever. I stood then, looking out onto the bleak island, lost in thought.

“Foxes called their children kits, Hiei. I will approach her eventually, but I do not know how. It would be unwise to reveal myself to her in my true form, but she wouldn’t recognize a fifteen year old human boy as her father.”

Yusuke, Kuwabara, Shizuru, and Keiko’s faces were shocked to say the least. I would have laughed at their comical faces, were the situation not so serious. Perhaps a part of me was afraid—afraid of her reaction and theirs, after learning that I committed a most heinous act. What more could I lose with an admission, that hadn’t already been lost long ago?

“You have a daughter, Kurama! But you’re only fifteen years old!”

“Suiichi Minamino is a fifteen year old boy, but Yoko is over a thousand years old. Technically, she is older than I am if we go by the human body that I possess. To be perfectly clear, she was conceived while I was on a mission raiding many of the ancient treasures on the continent of Africa. I found many valuable treasures that could were valuable in both the demon and human worlds.”

“She looks a little bit like you but her smell is half human. She doesn’t look Japanese either.”

Hiei’s observation was not lost among the others in the group. I pointed out a tall, athletic girl with brown fuzzy fox ears, with a long brown tail. She and a band on weaker apparitions had come with the hopes of participating, but were soon eliminated in the preliminaries. I didn’t know how to feel about that. On the one hand, it was good that she didn’t make the cut because she would have surely been killed. By some grace of God she managed to live to see another day.

“She is only half Japanese. Her mother was a West African priestess.”

“You can’t just go barging in saying that you are her father. She'd think you were nuts. No sane person is going to believe that a teenage boy her age is her father. She won’t come.”

Kuwabara’s reasoning made perfect sense. She would neither believe me, nor want anything to do with me.

“She will follow. If you come softly.”

Hiei’s words unnerved me more than I let on. I wondered then why none of them asked why I was raiding the human world decades before I became Suiichi Minamino. Perhaps they weren’t paying attention.
Sign up to rate and review this story