Categories > TV > Doctor Who

Don't Think About Penguins

by RyanRossLuver 3 reviews

A request from my friend. The Doctor tells the Master not to think about penguins. Why? Better summary inside! Bah..I suck at these summaries...

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Sci-fi - Published: 2008-01-14 - Updated: 2008-01-15 - 513 words - Complete

2Funny
Characters: The Doctor (10th), Master

Summary: The Doctor and The Master have a conversation about penguins.

Rating: PG13, for themes

Disclaimer: Doctor Who is owned and created by Russel T. Davies. I wish that I owned the Doctor or David Tennant, but I am just a mere lowly fan, hence this being called a FANfic.

A/N: This was written as a request for my friend Lauren.


The Doctor was walking around in the TARDIS, shortly after arriving on Xenofa, the holiday planet. He had just left Jack and Martha to explore the planet on their own, Jack most likely going off to find another person to shag, Martha to find some new, exotic clothes and shoes to buy. He had just passed by the console for what must have been the hundredth time since landing over two hours ago, when he heard rapping at the door.

Figuring it was Jack who had forgotten to take his key yet again, the Doctor walked over to the entrance to his TARDIS and opened it, speaking softly, but harshly, “For god’s sake Jack, remember your -“

He stopped mid sentence once the door was open, as the Master was standing before him.

“Doctor, we meet again.” The Master announced before stepping inside the TARDIS.

“So we do, Saxon. If it’s not so blunt of me to ask, what the hell are you doing here, in my TARDIS, on this planet?!” The Doctor asked, closing the door behind the Master and following him inside.

“Can’t an old friend stop by for a chat?”

“Yes, an old friend can. You on the other hand can’t.” The Master turned around and looked the younger man in the eye.

“But, if you are going to hang around, promise me this…don’t think about penguins!” The Doctor mentioned, causing Saxon to stare at him, a quizzical look on his face. /Why in the bloody hell can’t I think about penguins/, the Master thought, an image popping into his head. He was seeing the Doctor, dressed in a penguin suit, dancing to a stripping song, slowly taking off the suit. The Doctor noticed the Master staring off into space, and clicked his fingers in front of his face.

“Wh…What?!” The Master exclaimed.

“You were staring off into space. What were you dreaming of?”

“Umm…you, dancing in a penguin suit.”

“What the hell? Not going to ask,” the Doctor said, throwing his hands up in defeat.

“Can I ask something? Why did you tell me not to think about penguins?”

“Weeellll, long story. To cut it short, basically a penguin managed to fly into the engine of the TARDIS the other month, and we were stuck on Raxicoricofallapitorus for around a week or so trying to fish the damn thing out.”

“Oh…okay.” The Master said, looking oddly at the Doctor.

This story is based on true events – Whilst my good friend Lauren was waiting to fly back to Australia from Japan, her flight was delayed, due to a penguin flying into the engine.
Sign up to rate and review this story