Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Butterfly Kisses

Butterfly Kisses

by Nineveh 1 review

Charley, Eight, and the butterfly room. [Eighth Doctor]

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-28 - 274 words - Complete

1Moving
Title: Butterfly Kisses
Fandom: Doctor Who
Day/Theme: August 9; Anno Mirabilis (year of wonders)
Character/Pairing: Charley Pollard, Eighth Doctor
Rating: G
Notes: Doctor Who belongs to the BBC, though I'd gladly adopt Four or Eight if given the chance. Written originally for the 31_days LiveJournal community.


She'd seen the strangest things since leaving the R101. The TARDIS' very existence and its 'bigger on the inside' principle still amazed her even now.

She'd travelled the cosmos and all across the timeline. She'd seen vortisaurs, Daleks, Cybermen, and even Psionovores; she'd been to countless other planets and times and even despite the sheer unbelievability of it all, she found that nothing could top the Doctor himself.

Her travelling Time Lord who was so innocent and naive, yet at the same time far wiser and older than he let on. Her Doctor. She wondered when she had begun to think of him as her Doctor rather than the Doctor, but in the end it didn't matter. They were together and that was fine with her.

All the things she'd seen over the months of travelling with the Doctor, and still nothing compared to him. She laughed cheerfully as she watched him in the butterfly room of the TARDIS. He was running around atop the small, grassy hill with a veritable swarm of butterflies of all shapes, sizes and colours chasing him. Some had even managed to keep a hold in his hair as he ran like a child.

All the wonders of the universe at the tips of her fingers, and all Charley ever wanted was right in front of her with butterflies chasing him playfully.
Sign up to rate and review this story