Categories > TV > Doctor Who > On Behalf of Her Love

On Behalf of Her Love

by Nineveh 1 review

Stream-of-consciousness focusing on Charley circa 'Scherzo'. [Eighth Doctor]

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-28 - 308 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Title: On Behalf of Her Love
Fandom: Doctor Who
Day/Theme: August 10; way of difference
Character/Pairing: Charley Pollard, Eighth Doctor
Rating: G
Notes: Doctor Who belongs to the BBC, though I'd gladly adopt Four or Eight if given the chance. Written originally for the 31_days LiveJournal community.


I love you, she says. Simple and to the point. It shouldn't be hard to understand. But somehow, he twists it and makes it something else.

You shouldn't have followed me; you should have let me die alone, he retorts. She can tell he's angry and hurt, but that shouldn't matter because she's here with him now. He's not alone anymore. He has her with him for better or for worse.

She tells him she loves him, and he tells her to stop. Why can't he admit what he knows to be the truth?

She wants to scream at him, to beat her fists into his chest until he understands that she won't leave him. She wants him to understand that whatever happens, she'll be there. He doesn't have to push her away to protect him; anything that happens, she's willing to go through to be with him.

He's so closed off from his feelings. So different and alien in that nature of his; where she tries to be open and embrace what she feels, he retreats into himself and hides from those closest to him.

She wonders why, but suspects the answer already; if he were to openly admit his feelings, it might put the ones he cares for in far more danger than normal. But she knows that she doesn't care about that. If that's the price to pay for love, she's willing to pay it.

I love you, she says again, quieter this time. I always will, no matter what. Even if you can't admit the same.
Sign up to rate and review this story