Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lost? Or Just Waiting To Be Found?

You're Not In This Alone

by TheOfBlackestHearts 1 review

No Gerard, I'm not lost. I was wandering around in the dark because I wanted to!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-01-23 - Updated: 2008-01-26 - 795 words

0Unrated
“I swear I’ve passed this store before,” I mumbled quietly into the chill air. “Yes, you have,” I answered myself, rubbing my chapped lips together and pushing a lock of mud colored hair from my eyes. For most people, seeing a seventeen year old girl walking down a sidewalk caring a sketchbook and talking to herself is odd, but not here. Not in this hell hole. Around here, everyone is abnormally weird, distinctly original, or possibly even half insane. Welcome to New Jersey.

It was a Monday night, and the sun was just beginning to set in the distant skyline. Okay, so wandering around the city wasn’t the best idea I’d ever had, but I wanted to draw some of the things out here. Plus, I had to get out of the house. Mom and Dad were fighting again. So, like the brilliant teenager that I am, I stalked out of the house, not paying attention to where I was going. An hour and a half later, here I was, wandering the streets, completely lost.

In a common town, if you’re lost, all you have to do is find a nice, helpful looking person and ask for directions. Too bad there were no nice, helpful looking people here. Plenty of scary, potentially dangerous people though.

So, you’re probably wondering why I didn’t just call home? Simple answer, I’d left my cell phone on my dresser at home. I told you that I was brilliant.

At some point in my wandering, I felt a tap on my shoulder. It wasn’t a harsh, impatient poke like you might expect, but rather, a gentle, almost tentative brush. Startled, I spun around on the heels of my well worn converse to see a boy with tousled black hair and very pale skin. He was just a little taller than I was, and his dark, dirty clothes gave him the appearance of a violent teenager. But his eyes, a liquid hazel looking down at me, were soft and concerned.

“Are you alright?” The stranger asked. “You’ve passed me four times. If you’re lost, I can help you get home.” Now, I’ve never been the most sensible of people, but I knew better than to tell anyone that I was lost. They would only lead you down a dark alley and do terrible things to you.

“I’m not lost!” I nearly screamed at him. “I’m just taking a walk!”

“Okay, okay!” The boy raised his hands in defeat. “I just thought…” His voice trailed off. “Never mind, I’ll get out of your hair then.” I had walked away before he finished his sentence.

On the fifth time I passed him, I stopped. “Okay, maybe I am a bit… lost.” I stumbled out.

“I thought you might be,” he almost smirked at me. “Where do you live?”
“The corner of Fourth…” I began to say quietly. “Fourth and Cecilia.”
He smiled, nodding only once. “I know where that is, it’s close to my house. I’m Gerard. Gerard Way. And you’re Anna Bervet. We’re in Spanish class together.”

I blinked once, twice, trying to remember him. Nope. If he was in my Spanish class, I had never noticed him. Though, I don’t notice much in Spanish class, spending most of the time quietly sitting alone in the corner and doodling on worksheets. “Hi… hi Gerard. Can you take me home now? My parents might be worried.” That was a lie. My poor excuse for a family probably didn’t even notice that I was gone.

It was nearly entirely dark out as we made our way down the barren Jersey streets. He said very little, and I said less. More than fifteen minutes passed before we came to a street I recognized. Had I really wandered that far? And even if I had, what had he been doing on the other side of town?

“Which house is yours?” Gerard asked when we came to my street. I pointed. “Wow, very nice.” He commented.

“It could be worse,” I shrugged. Glancing over at him, I realized that it must be a lot worse for him. Gerard had a look of awe on his slightly chubby face as he stared up at the three story brick house that I referred to as a prison.

When we reached the door, he said goodbye. “Bye,” I murmured. As I reached for the door handle, I stopped and turned around. “Thanks Gerard. I’ll see you in Spanish class tomorrow.”

He turned, glancing up the concrete steps at me. “Bye Anna. See you in Spanish.”

Who knows, maybe tomorrow I won’t be spending the hour doodling on worksheets.
Sign up to rate and review this story