Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > IY Drabbles

Downfall

by darkelf19 1 review

A collection of drabbles written for iyfic_challenge, iyfic_contest, Isswkiwa, and my own amusement

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Inuyasha, Kikyo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-28 - Updated: 2006-01-29 - 385 words

0Unrated
Downfall

He'd betrayed her, preyed on her innocence and drunk in her loneliness; wrapped her naïve heart in promises of love and forever. She'd believed him. She'd loved him. Soaked in her own blood, she cradled the broken pieces of her heart soul waiting for death to release her. What else was left for her?

His cruel laughter rang through her mind, wrapping her heart in new promises of death and destruction. Shaking with exhaustion, pain ripping through her dying body, she staggered forward, to Kaede - her loving sister, to the villagers - her friends and mentors, to the village she'd sworn to protect. He burned in her memory, his voice calling to her from far away, his phantom touch pulling her forward to the duty she did not want.

Memories washed over her, through her, holding her in their grasp - Kaede clutching her eye, blooding seeping through her fingers, Tsubaki screaming beneath the Sakura blossoms, InuYasha..., Tsubaki's lips moving in a silent curse,...his eyes, his smile, his kiss.
I loved you!

Gasping against the agony consuming her soon-to-be dead flesh she drew her bow, her arrow trained on the flash of red.
Murderer!
"InuYasha!"
Their eyes locked, each burning with emotions.
Betrayal. Love. Hate. Anger. Hurt.
Her arrow flew, wrapped in indecision, embedding itself deep into his heart.
Shock. Pain. Acceptance. Defeat.
He reached vainly for her, his heart beating its last.
"Why Kikyou?"
Murderer.

She collapsed, the jewel grasped firmly in her pale hands, blood staining its pure sheen.
"For this you.../killed him/...and now..." Murderer!
Inside something stirred.
He betrayed me! I had no choice!
Darkness took root.
"You must extinguish love. You must never hold a man dear."
InuYasha...


The villagers were there now, pressing their hands against her; her sister's voice calling to her. All her life she'd lived for others; bathed in blood so that they might remain pure. They hadn't cared about her happiness, just their own, when all she'd ever wanted was...
Her eyes found his face, serene in his sleepless death. A peace she'd never know.
Bitter. Hatred.
Something snapped; darkness won. Her soul split, poisoning the jewel even as she breathe her last, cold gray-blue eyes burning into his peaceful face. For daring to love this was her fate.
I'll never forgive you!
Sign up to rate and review this story