Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Through the Veil

by twistedmic 1 review

Sirius's thoughts before and as he falls through the veil. Slight slash warning- M/M/F

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: James,Lily,Sirius - Published: 2008-01-27 - Updated: 2008-01-27 - 693 words - Complete

2Original


Through the Veil





'They're calling me, beckoning me closer, to re-join them. I've heard them. I've heard them from the second I stepped into the death Chamber.

Their voices, those of my lovers, long dead are like music to my ears. James's voice deep and rough and rumbling. Lily's, warm ad smooth and soft. I want to be back in their arms so badly that it hurts, a dull constant ache in my chest.

Their voices call from behind the veil, like the song of a siren, and I want nothing more than to walk through that thin, gauzy gateway.



All that keeps me from doing so is the fact that Harry, the product of James and Lily's love, is in danger and I must protect him. Every time I see him, I wish that my lovers had survived and had been able to give him a brother or sister (I would have fathered our next child).

He is fighting admirably, James would have been proud of his skills. I blink away tears as more memories of my James and Lily run through my mind.

The first time James kissed me, offering me a slight comfort from the pain of my life. The first time James took me into his bed, James and Lily going on their first date.

James telling Lily of our relationship, Lily accepting our love with a warm laugh and loving smile, the first time Lily came to bed with us.

Spending nights snuggled together before the common room fire, the three of us nestled under a warm blanket watching muggle television. Hearing of Lily's pregnancy with James (I was on contraceptive potions), watching as her belly swelled with the life growing inside her, Harry's birth. Our plans to marry once Voldemort was defeated.

Then the bad memories come, hearing of Voldemort finding them, seeing our home ruined, Harry being taken from me, Wormtail betraying and framing me, being shipped to that horrid island, the Dementors constantly tormenting me, seeing Harry look so much like James and acting so much like Lily, hearing of Harry's suffering at the hands of his relatives and the majority of the magical world.

Bellatrix is mocking me as we duel, and I begin to mock her back.

I don't see her stunner until it's too late for me to block it.

Her stunner knocks me back through the veil and a wave of icy coldness washes over me.

The coldness is quickly chased away when I feel both James and Lily embracing me, sandwiching me between their bodies.



"Welcome back 'Rus."

"We've missed you."



I sigh happily, enjoying James's strong arms wrapped around my chest, his chest pressed against my back and his gentle nibbling kisses to the side of my neck. Equally enjoyable is the feeling of Lily's arms around me, her warm, soft breasts flattening against my chest and her firm, sucking kisses and licks to the other side of my neck.

"I love you two so much." I mumble almost drunkenly. As I begin to loose myself to their warmth a thought hits me. "What about Harry?"

"He'll be fine." James says.

"He'll soon have a lover to warm his bed and soothe his wounds." Lily tells me.

"No more cold, lonely nights for him, or you 'Rus."

My heart swells with happiness as another part of me swells with desire.

"Our little Padfoot is happy." Lily husks and grinds against me, drawing a moan from my lips.

I feel James smile against my neck and his own desire grow against me. I whine in pleasure at the dual sensations.

"Let's get to a bed, Jimmy, and kick off this reunion right."

"Of course, Lil's."

They pull way from me and each take one of my hands, they lead me deep into a corridor of warm light and I feel the years of accumulated aches, pains and half-healed wounds melt away, leaving me feeling as young as I did when Lily and James were taken from me.

Finally, after fourteen years, I no longer feel cold and lonely. I'm finally back in the arms of my lovers and I'm happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story