- I wonder how Mcgonagall will react to the other staff members being braver than he is? I also hope Harry doesn't push Luna away
Author's response- He's examining his relationship with Blanch, and thinking about his responsibilities just now...
- He certainly doesn't intend to, but he's about as emotionally secure as a victim of multiple rape...
- This was incredible. Daughters of Egalia all over again, and all things nice. I guess the lady Riddle will learn just how aggressive a little boy can be. The staff meeting was brilliant, Sprouts call to the MS prof was art, and the whole concept of a completely flipped world, genderwise, most interesting and disturbing. Good job!
- I loved the staff meeting and I suspect that we're going to see some "interesting" interactions here as Harry's arrival seems to have greatly disturbed the careful equilibirum Blanche has set up. I daresay she's not going to enjoy it and I suspect Harry is going to be no easier to control than she'll find Harri is after this.
I loved the bit with Diedre and how her being Dean's equivalent just puts a block there for Harry, 'twould for me, too, in that position. OTOH, 'twill be interesting to see what happens with Luna as they work to develop a real relationship, esp. since she's quite similar to the one in his home dimension.
I did love the discussion about the "Harri Shrine" and I wonder if Harry's going to wonder if he missed something, possibly something special, back in his home dimension with Hannah Abbott.
'know, I was just thinking, if Harry and Harri both prove to be a thorn in the Dark Lady's side, I can see her trying to reduce the problem with a "return to sender" spell that would return Harry to his home dimension (heh, that it inconveniences her equivalent isn't her concern) but, if anything really significant has happened, there might be a forking of the home timeline and the spell won't work (wouldn't that frost her!).
Author's response- I have never understood why the Staff put up with Snape's crap in canon. I know that when I was in the service if someone was messing with my kids, they would answer to me. Nobody messed with my kids.
- If she is in fact similar to the Luna from his home reality, Harry wouldn't know it. He only knew Luna from having seen her in the halls. They had never actually talked.
- The Harri Shrine actually came from another fic I read recently when Cedric told Harry that he had fans among the 'Puffs... I just had to use it.
- I actually toyed with having Tommi try to send him back, but decided that Harry's trip is one way (at least in this tale)
(#) PerfesserN 2008-01-30Nice tale, very well told.
I especially like Luna in this, the fact that she's a she just adds to her uniqueness.
At some point Harry is going to overcome his squick factor relative to the xx chromosome version of his xy friends and acquaintances in his own world - yes?
Author's response- Luna is always special, but she's only 14 at this point in time, so the romance will be slow for a while...
- It is highly unlikely harry will ever be able to look at the women he knew as men without getting a bit queasy, but that eliminates what? Only 30 odd women out of this realities total population...
(#) cowboyweasel 2008-01-31Went to rate it but all the "Good" ones were taken. And since they didn't have a "Bad" one that said: "That you wrote too many good stories and since I just recently discovered you I have spent too much time reading and not enough time working and sleeping" I couldn't rate it.
This is an interesting take on TBWL meets TGWL. In the mass if fecal matter that the vast majority of HP fanfiction some good orginality is a much welcome breath of fresh air. I love Harry's reaction to Deidre. The kind that puts the two main male brains at war with each other. I also look forward to see the upheaval that (in this world) a female acting male will cause.
Sign up to review this story.