Categories > Original > Romance > I've got these feelings, don't cha know?

Chapter 2

by Lollipops_n_Gumdrops 0 reviews

The shock of everything that had happened tonight was just too much on Noah, considering his life had been pretty much uneventful since now, and the next thing Noah knew, his mind was spinning. No,...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-02-01 - Updated: 2008-02-01 - 2054 words

0Unrated
The music was loud. So loud that you either had to yell at someone to get their attention, or get really close and speak quietly in their ear. The club was completely crowded as well, the sweaty bodies surrounding the place, either dancing (or more like dry-humping if you want to be specific), or chatting at the bar, sipping brightly colored drinks and watching the crowd. Some were in booths with friends, laughing and joking, where in other more private sections, the dark corners of the club, were couples and random people engaged in passionate kisses and make out sessions, enough to make anyone either blush or get all hot and bothered.




Noah watched everything apprehensively, his eyes widening in shock as he walked behind Cory. He tried to stay as close as possible to the guitarist, afraid that if he moved his eyes to look elsewhere he'd lose him. They walked up to the bar, Cory getting up on the swiveling stool and looking over his shoulder to smile reassuringly at Noah. He patted the stool next to him, and used his other finger in a beckoning motion to make Noah come sit next to him.




Noah blushed, amazed at how a simple smile from Cory could make his thoughts fly right out the window, leaving him brain-dead. Of course anyone from his favorite band would probably have the same affect on him.




Getting up on the stool, Noah avoided a fat guy to his left, who was approximately the size of a van, who was leering in his direction, to scoot his stool closer to the left. Now this was a problem, because in doing this Noah was only about an inch away from Cory, who was waving over the bartender. He didn't seem to notice though, so Noah breathed a sigh of relief.




At that moment, the bartender came over, a guy about the age of twenty, wearing casual but gothic clothing, his ears were both pierced and his bleached hair hung over his eyes. His hazel eyes lit up when he saw them, recognition clear in his face when he looked at Cory, but then he frowned as he looked over at Noah, who's arm was very close to Cory's. Something like jealousy could be seen flashing through his eyes, but he covered it up with a seductive smile towards the rock star.




“Hey Cory, what can I get you today?” the bartender asked, raising a barely existent eyebrow at him, clearly ignoring Noah all the while.




Noah blinked, feeling a cold vibe coming the blond. He shrugged it off though, used to this kind of attention, and drew circles on the glassy counters with his fingers, his eyes watching them with little interest.

“Hey Alexis! I didn't know you were working tonight, I'll have a paralyzer. Noah, what about you?” Noah glanced up, Cory's voice pulling him out of his daze. But before Noah could even open his mouth to respond, Alexis cut him off, smiling at him coolly. “Are you even old enough to drink, kid?” Alexis said, his voice mocking as he looked down at Noah. He talked to him as if he was a three year old, sizing him up with icy eyes.




Noah choked on his words, glancing up at Alexis only to quickly look back down again, staring at his fingers. “I...um...well...no...I'm not..” he said, lowering his eyes. Noah felt ashamed, his cheeks flushing embarrassingly. He bit one of his painted fingernails, then quickly took it out of his mouth because of the bitter taste. He had had to put on this clear polish a couple days ago, the kind that tasted horrible so that he would stop chewing down his nails, which was a nervous habit he had inquired, but also because his parents had told him that it looked 'very improper'.




Cory seemed to sense Noah's uncomfortable situation, because he winked at him and then looked over to Alexis, a slight frown converting his features as he saw the satisfied smirk on the bartenders face. He soon rolled his eyes though. Apparently this kind of behavior wasn't new with Alexis.




Cory seemed to be contemplating something in his mind before he leaned over, close enough to Noah so that Alexis couldn't hear. “S'okay Noah, I'm sure I can persuade my friend over there to get you something.” Cory said, smiling playfully. He turned back to Alexis, who was currently glaring at Noah, and smiled seductively at him, a mischievous glint in his eye. He slowly brought his index finger up and beckoned Alexis with it. The bartender smiled brightly, before leaning over the counter with his weight poised on his elbows.




Cory sneaked a glance at Noah, before leaning in so that his mouth was almost touching Alexis's ear, he breathed hotly over it for effect, gaining a shiver from Alexis. “Alexis...could you please bring my friend an apple martini?..” Cory whispered, putting a heavy emphasis on friend so that the other would get the hint. He smirked when he felt Alexis nodding, and brought his hand up to caress his cheek. “I promise I'll do something for you later in return...as a payment.” he purred, snaking his tongue out and licking the shell of Alexis's ear.




Gasping, Alexis pulled back, red faced and flustered. His attitude towards Noah seemed to change greatly though, as he smiled before turning away and fixing their drinks, hiding his blush and obvious pleasure from what Cory had said and done to him.




Noah, who had been watching Cory with surprised eyes, and a flush matching Alexis's own, smiled disbelievingly.




Cory just shrugged, running a hand through his long hair and tossing it to the side. He accepted the two drinks from Alexis with a smile, making sure to sneakily brush fingers with him in the process, and handed the green drink to Noah. He kept the other drink to himself, setting it on the counter. Cory started talking to Alexis again, seemingly absorbed in trying to seduce his friend even more, by taking an ice cube out of his glass and popping it into his mouth. He put it between his teeth, running his tongue over it and lowering his eyes suggestively. He nodded at something Alexis said, swallowing the ice cube and leaning forward on the counter.




Noah took a small sip of the drink, looking away from the little display going on between the two. He didn't feel right watching that happen, because it was making him feel a little warm, and because he might get caught watching, and that would be really really awkward.




Looking towards the dance floor, Noah smiled, his eyes watching all the couples grinding and moving, wishing that he could be out there too. Noah had always loved dancing. Any kind, really, but the kind he had loved the most was club dancing. It was something about the raw energy and passion that could come between complete strangers, and create a wonderful sensation.




Noah's gaze turned into one of longing, because he knew he would never have the guts to go up to someone and ask them to dance, way too nerve racking. And he was almost one-hundred percent sure that nobody would ask him to dance, so that wasn't going to work. Plus, it's not like he could dance alone, because then he would look utterly stupid.




Suddenly feeling a little gloomy, Noah slipped away from the bar. Not before Cory noticed though, as he turned his head away from where he'd been talking with Alexis, there hands laced on the top of the table. “Are you leaving?” Cory shouted, a look of confusion covering his features. “I thought you wanted to meet the rest of the band!” he added, looking back to Alexis and biting his lip. Alexis looked over at Noah too, his eyes warm and comforting, a stark contrast to the coldness they had been before. “You should stay, hun, they're a great bunch of people.”




Noah smiled weakly, nodding his head and sweeping his bangs away from his dark eyes. “I'm just going to the bathroom, I'll be back soon.” He said, pointing to the door with a limp flick of his wrist before turning around and moving through the crowd of people till he reached the door that had the little guy on the door. The letters were fallen off so he checked twice to make sure that it was the right one. There had been a time when he had been careless and stepped into the girls restroom and completely embarrassed himself in front of a bunch of high school girls. Although at the time they had thought that he was actually a girl, and hadn't said anything, but then he had rushed out and fled to the boys washroom, and they had seen him coming out after. Then they laughed and told a whole bunch of their friends about the girly guy that had tried to use the girls room. Not a good memory.




Looking in the dirty mirrors, Noah raised his eyebrows at his reflection. He did his best to fix up his appearance, reapplying his eyeliner until it reached his standards, and combing his hair so that it lied across one of his eyes.




Noah made sure to take one last glance in the mirror, shaking his gloomy feelings away. What did it matter that he wasn't going to get to dance? He was meeting his ALL time favorite band tonight! On top of that he would get to meet Frank. Just the thought of the singer was enough to put Noah's mood back to giddily nervous.




He went to the door excitedly, only to push it right when someone on the other side was coming in, making him stumble forward. Before Noah could completely lose his footing, he felt a pair of warm arms catch him before he tumbled, tugging him back up to standing.




Blazing red, Noah kept his eyes to the floor, utterly embarrassed for the second time that night. What was it with him and falling today? Just when he was about to awkwardly excuse himself, a familiar voice came out of the strangers lips, and Noah felt his body completely freeze up.




“Hey....are you okay? .....Hello?”




Noah looked up in a mixed expression of horror and embarrassment, along with shock and nervousness all rolled up into one, to meet the dark ocean blue eyes of....Frank. THE Frank. Noah's eyes darted around nervously, his heart in overdrive, trying to think of an escape plan before he made a complete fool out of himself. He couldn't believe it! His first time meeting the boy of his dreams and he falls on him! What a ridiculous way to introduce someone, and not to mention very very embarrassing. Noah's fingers trembled, his pink lips opened a fraction, and his caramel hues dazed and confused as he looked into concerned blue ones.




“I......U-uhh....I-I'm....” Noah stuttered, his voice quivering. For some reason he just couldn't get his legs to move away, it was as if they were glued to the floor. His eyes widened when he realized how stupid he must sound, but that didn't faze him much right now because he was starting to hyperventilate, his breathing coming out slightly faster, as if his lungs were going into overdrive, his hands shaking, his knees starting to give out on him.




The shock of everything that had happened tonight was just too much on Noah, considering his life had been pretty much uneventful since now, and the next thing Noah knew, his mind was spinning. No, the room was spinning, and Noah was starting to feel very light headed. The last thing Noah saw before his eyes turned dark, was Frank rushing forward to catch him as he fainted. And Noah knew at that moment, that he could have died of happiness, even if he had made a complete and total idiot of himself, at least he had gotten to meet his crush, and Frank had even caught him! He had gotten to be held in those arms, even if it was just for a little while. Thinking this, Noah smiled dazedly, and let his over boggled mind shutdown.
Sign up to rate and review this story