Categories > Original > Drama

A Blessing in Disguise

by ILoveFlitwick 1 review

Twenty-one year old Toni Stephens thought her relationship with abusive Jesse Miller was over, and then she dicovers she is with his Child.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-02-03 - Updated: 2008-02-03 - 460 words

0Unrated
A Blessing in Disguise

Toni sat in the yard and watched her puppy Braxas torment Ferdinand the cat next door. “If life could always be so simple,” she thought as she called for Braxas and went inside. As she entered the kitchen she noticed the answering machine was blinking, with trepidation she pressed play… “This message is for Antonia Stephens” a nasally voice filled the room “Just called to let you know that your pregnancy test came out positive, have a nice day!”
The blood ran out of her face as she struggled to breathe, she leaned against the wall and slid down in a sitting position. What the hell was she going to do? She just broke up with the bastard, to find herself pregnant with his child was a nightmare brought to life.
She wanted to cry, and she wasn’t sure if she should tell Jesse, her ex boyfriend. On one hand he was the father, on the other he was an abusive bastard. That was why she broke up with him in the first place. They had been dating for 5 years, since they were 16. Jesse was everything she had ever wanted in a man. He was seemingly kind and very charismatic and so very hot. He was the surfer boy type, you know, sandy blonde shoulder length hair, charming sea blue eyes with muscular arms to spare. In the last year or so the kind man she fell in love with turned into a moody ass-hole, every once in a while she saw the old Jesse, but it was only ever a fleeting glance.
Whimpering got her out of her pity party, poor Braxas he wanted some dinner. She stood up and poured some kibble for Braxas. She watched as the baby Jack Russell gobbled up the food like there was no tomorrow. She laughed softly; Braxas had been a gift from her father, who wanted her to have a companion. Speaking of her father, she realized she needed to tell her parents. She really didn’t know if she really wanted to tell them, what would they say? She had, had a hard enough time telling them about breaking up with the prick she could just imagine what would happen if she told them about being pregnant. Oh well, she sighed, its now or never.
She picked up the steel cordless and dialed the number that had been ingrained in her mind as a child. “Stephens residence” “Hi Daddy, it’s Toni, is Mom there too?” “Yes, Pumpkin you want me to give her the phone or put it on speaker?” “Speaker’s good,” she softly replied. Once she knew they were both listening she just laid it all out there “Guys, I’m pregnant.”
Sign up to rate and review this story