Categories > Games > Zelda > The World in Brief

Big Easy, Little Death

by Chaotic_Serenity 0 reviews

Category: Zelda - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Characters: Link - Published: 2008-02-12 - Updated: 2008-02-12 - 239 words

0Unrated
Timeline: It's either post-Majora's Mask or post-Phantom Hourglass. I couldn't decide.
Warnings: Mature themes.
Characters: Link
Theme: Phrase "titillating titties." Yeah, I don't know what that has anything to do with this, either.

He's done the big-little thing in the big, big world, so he decides at age thirteen times three-sixty-five and a quarter year that he is greater than the sum of his parts and makes The Big Score the number one agenda of a new age post-fairy little-big boy. There's a big world out there, after all, and he's just tall enough these days and see up and over the little things, so he feels it's time to cast them aside (which is the Number One Lie of Boys-Who-Think-They-Are-Men).

The succession of adult principles goes as follow: manhood is an act of bartering what is paltry for greater pieces of the whole. In this way, daggers become swords, booze forgoes failure, love begets whores, and flying becomes synonymous for how far you can fall. He falls in love with big fortunes, big scores (count them up - whores come easy with big money - 1, 2, 3, 42 and that was the peak of it), big dreams that died heavy in his all-too-little heart.

This was the Big World as Grownups Knew It, and he was not prepared at all, at all, at all for the Big Costs it Came With, but he believes that he is happy.

He really does.
Sign up to rate and review this story