Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Half Way Around The World

Love, Confusion And An Oppurtunity

by fob2adelaide 4 reviews

Emily gets a brilliant oppurtunity thrown her way amidst some friend tension and some thoughts on love...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-14 - Updated: 2008-02-14 - 925 words - Complete

0Unrated
After Emily and Patrick had finished playing Basket Case, Emily returned the guitar to Joe and began working once more. She didn’t get far with working though as Patrick walked up to her. He bent down next to where she was kneeling on the stage, “So where did you learn to play the guitar so well?” He asked Emily who turned to look at him.
“Guitar lessons, teaching myself, you know?”
Patrick nodded, “Well I’m impressed,” he stated to her as he got up, “Maybe we will have to get you to play something with us tonight?”
Emily laughed, “Joke?” She inquired,
“No joke,” Patrick said seriously, “I want you to play Basket Case with us tonight.”
Emily beamed at him and was about to reply when Sarah came bouncing up to her.
“Chat! Now,” Sarah said pulling Emily away from Patrick who looked slightly disappointed. Emily sighed and quickly answered Patrick, “You’re on,” she grinned as she was dragged backstage by Sarah. Patrick grinned back and headed off to talk to Andy as Emily got pulled around a corner into one of the many backstage corridors.
“What’s wrong?” She asked Sarah, “Why did you have to bring me here?”
The truth was Emily was enjoying the conversation with Patrick and the last thing she had wanted was to be dragged away like this. It was semi-aggravating.
“I think Pete might like me!” Sarah exclaimed.
“Are you sure?” Emily said skeptically raising her eyebrows,
“I am! Well he invited me to go with him backstage and then while we were walking I tripped.”
“You tripped?” Emily asked. Maybe this conversation was getting interesting.
“Yes, and I was on the ground and he asked if I was alright and helped me up. And we had this moment where we were so close to each other,” Sarah lowered her voice but it still remained excited, “And I felt a connection! I did.”
“Are you sure?” Emily asked, “You’re not just excited and blowing things out of proportion?”
Sarah crossed her arms, “No! Do you think I should tell him I like him?”
“Too fast,” Emily replied.
“Fair enough. How about you with Patrick eh? What’s going on there?”
It was now Emily’s turn to cross her arms, “Nothing is going on. He just wants me to play with Fall Out Boy tonight. One song, Basket Case.”
The last thing Emily wanted was for Sarah to start going on about Patrick or anyone of the guys being with her. She didn’t like any of them the way Sarah liked Pete and she was sure none of them liked her either, not at all.
“He likes you though,” Sarah said.
Emily sighed, “Going back to work now.” She walked away from Sarah and away from the romance talk.

Finally Emily and Greg finished their work and decided it was time for a lunch break. Emily walked over to Sarah who was talking with Pete on the side of the stage. Sarah seemed to be avidly talking about sandwiches. Emily wondered why her best friend was going on about sandwiches if she was trying to impress Pete! It was funny though, because Pete seemed like he was interested in what Sarah had to say.
“What are you talking about guys?” Emily said as she reached Sarah and Pete.
Sarah looked around at Emily and glared, “Nothing,” she said. Emily was a little confused, what had she done to make Sarah glare at her? Suddenly she thought why, she was butting in Sarah’s conversation with the almighty Pete Wentz.
Pete laughed at Sarah and replied to Emily, “Sarah was telling me about her ultimate sandwich.”
“Is that right?” Emily asked as she gave Sarah a look meaning ‘sorry.’
Sarah didn’t seem to accept the apology, “It’s not interesting Em. Oh, look, dad needs some help.”
Emily turned around to look at Greg. He didn’t look like he needed help but she realized that Sarah was trying to make her go. What a friend! Emily thought sarcastically.
“Well I better help him then,” she said as she left Sarah to flirt with Pete.
Emily began walking over to Greg but as she got half way towards him Patrick walked up to her with a sheet of paper. He handed it to her and pointed to one of the names in a list on the page, “This is our set list and Basket Case is our eighth song,” he said explaining the sheet before her.
Emily scanned her eyes down the list of songs. They were all very familiar to her. She had heard all of them many times before. Basket Case was definitely the eighth song and that meant she could have a decent listen to Fall Out Boy before she came on to play with them. That was good.
“So how about a proper practice with all of us? And also we do a bit of a different form so you’ll need to learn that,” Patrick said.
“No problem, thanks Patrick for giving me this opportunity.”
“It’s fine,” Patrick smiled at Emily who returned it. As Emily grabbed a guitar, she thought about Patrick. He was really nice and part of her thought he was quite cute too. But all in all, she saw him as a friend. Didn’t she? She couldn’t possibly ever fall for him; she was here to work and to play guitar with Fall Out Boy, not to fall in love.
Sign up to rate and review this story