Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day My Life Changed Completly

Winter

by xXi_luv_gerardXx 1 review

Rachel takes MCR to meet her friend, and a huge fan, Winter.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-17 - Updated: 2008-02-18 - 816 words

0Unrated
RACHELS POV
My friend opened the door and hugged me. "Oh Rachel," she said. "I heard what happened. I'm so sorry. My mom said that you could stay here for as long as you need."

"Thanks," I said, "But I'm already staying somewhere until the police can figure out what to do with me. I wanted you to meet them."

"O...k..." Winter said, unsure of herself.

"Come on." I took her hand and led her behind the van parked in front of her apartment.

Winter stood, shocked. She was utterly speechless. Finally, she opened her mouth and screamed. "OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" She hugged me. "RACHEL I FREAKIN LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!"

I laughed as Winter ran over to the band and hugged everyone. "I freakin love you guys!" She screamed, not letting go of Gerard. I walked over to her.

"I hope you're free tonight," I said, holding up the tickets and backstage passes.

"OH MY GOD RACHEL!" Winter finally stopped suffocating Gerard and moved to her next victim, me. "How did this happen?!?!" She asked.

"It's a long story," I said. "I'll tell you at the concert. "You can go, right?” I asked her.

Winter nodded. “Of course,” she said. “Mom lets me do anything if you’re with me.”

“Ok, grab your makeup and some clothes and let’s go,” I said. “We can get ready in the car.” Winter nodded and ran inside her home.

“MA,” I heard her scream. “I’M GOING TO A CONCERT WITH RACHEL! I’LL BE BACK TONIGHT!” Winter came outside, slamming the door behind her. “Ok, I’m ready,” she said, breathlessly. Her purse was stuffed full with clothes and makeup. “I brought some clothes for you too, Rachel.”

“Aw thanks,” I said hugging her. “Come on, let’s go get ready.” I took her inside the van.









Gerard laughed. “Wow, Rachel wasn’t kidding.” He rubbed his sore ribcage.

“Winter’s really nice,” Bob said. “Rachel actually seemed happy when she saw her. I’m glad. She needs to be around her friends right now.”

“Yeah,” Mikey said. “I’m glad that she can be with a friend.”

Everyone nodded in agreement and walked inside the van. Rachel and Winter were putting on makeup in the bathroom. “Hey Mikey,” Rachel said.

“Yo,” Mikey said, poking his head out from his bunk, flat iron in hand.

“Can we borrow your flat iron when your done?” She asked.

“Sure,” Mikey said and continued to straighten his hair.

“I guess I should get ready too,” Gerard said, grabbing some eye makeup and joining them in the bathroom.

Rachel looked at her reflection in the mirror. Satisfied, she looked in the bag that Winter brought. “Hey,” she said, pulling out a sweater. “This is mine.”

Winter laughed. “You can’t blame me for stealing it. It’s awesome.”

Rachel laughed and looked in the bag again. “I see you like my shirt too.” She pulled out the shirt and some black skinny jeans. “Gerard, we need to change,” she said.

Gerard laughed. “Ok, I’ll just wait outside for an hour or two,” he said, walking out the door.




A few minutes later, the two friends came out of the bathroom to get Mikey’s flat iron. Winter sat on the floor and pulled out her ponytail. Her thick blond hair came down to her shoulders. Winter looked at it in her mirror. “Ugh,” she said. “I hate this curly mess.”

Rachel laughed. “It’s pretty,” she argued. “You just need to grow it out longer.” She divided Winter’s hair into sections and began to straighten it.

“It’s long when it’s straight,” Winter grumbled. “Besides, you straighten your hair too.”

Rachel laughed. “True,” she said. “But still, I like your hair curly.”

For the next two hours, the girls talked and laughed together while doing each other’s hair. Bob and Frank were talking nearby.

“Look,” Bob said, glancing over at Rachel. “She looks so happy.”

Frank looked over his shoulder. “Yeah. When she smiled this afternoon, it looked like she was really trying hard to look like she wasn’t upset. Now she really is happy.”

“It’s her friend,” Bob said. “She can really open up to her. She trusts her.” Frank nodded in agreement. Bob looked at her again. “I can tell that Rachel has been lied to a lot. That’s why she shuts people out. She doesn’t want them to lie to her or hurt her. She can’t trust a lot of people.” Bob said. “But I hope,” he continued, “That she can learn to trust us like she trusts her friend.”

Frank looked at Bob, who was staring down at his shoes. “Is something wrong?” He asked.

Bob opened his mouth, then shut it. “Never mind,” he said, getting up from the table. “I don’t wanna talk about it.”
Sign up to rate and review this story