Categories > Movies > Newsies > Big New York Dream

Is There Love At First Site?

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Rose goes to visit her uncle in NYC right after the Newsie strike.

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: David Jacobs,Jack Kelly,Joseph Pulitzer,Racetrack Higgins,Spot Conlon - Published: 2008-02-20 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 622 words - Complete

1Ambiance
'My this is New York?' I thought to myself while wondering aimlessly. 'It sure is big, Thankfully I am only staying for the summer.' I was heading back to Uncle Joe's house, my mind lost in imagination when I was hit and fell to the ground. It didn't help that I was wearing white!

"I'm sorry," a very cute Italian said to while taking off his hat and offered me a hand.

"That's quite ok." I responded in my Pittsburgh accent.

"Are you new to da area?" he asked, oh boy could he talk to me all day.

"Yes, but I am just staying for the summer with my Uncle," i told him still brushing the dirt off of my skirt.

"Do I know this guy? Does he live around hera?"

"Yes I think you know him, Joe Pulitzer?" I told him lookin in to his eyes. He didn't responded instead I heard a couple of gasps behind me. I turned around to face a boy with a cowboy hat around his neck, another boy with a crutch and lastly 2 boys with really curly hair. "Do you know him?" i asked again.

"Yes we do," said of the curly haired boys. "A few weeks ago we pulled a strike on him and won."

"Oh your the newsboys that I am not suppose to hang around with while I am here," i said sarcastically. They all just looked at me very funny. "But what my father don't know cant hurt him," i finished with a giggle.

"What's your name?" the one with the cowboy hat stepped forward to ask.

"Rose Pulitzer and you are?" i looked around at all the boys hoping to get the cute Italian's name

"That's Race, Crutchy, Dave, Mush, and I am Jack Kelly," he responded at pointed to each boy. Man Race can make a girl swoon.

"Nice to meet ya!" Crutchy asked, hoping closer to us.

"Yes, its a pleasure meeting you." Jack responded.

"Same here. Would any of you mind helping me find my way? I only told Uncle I was going a few blocks from his house and i don't know how I ended up here." I spoke as soon as i realised the sun was setting.

"I can take you." Dave offered. "I've there before." I really wished it was Race.

"Well I wanna come too, aint got nuttin else to do." Race chimed in. Ah yes! I waited for one of the boys to offer me there hand but i guess thats only a Pittsburgh thing so i walked fast to catch up with them.

"I am so greatful that you offered to take me home." I stated as I started a conversation.

"Ah, I aint got nothing else betta ta do." This came from Race. I thought he seemed interested in me.

"Its my pleasure." Dave responded, I think he was winning my heart. We walked a few more blocks when I noticed my Uncle's house.

"Well we shall part here, I dont want any of you getting caught. Au reivor." I said and waited for their response.

"A beintot!" Dave said and I was stunned. "I took French when i still went to school. Not very good at it." I chuckled.

"Neither am i." he laughed too.

"What time does your Uncle go to work?" again, Dave asked. What is with Race does he have some mute tendencies.

"He leaves about 7?" i curiously responded.

"Well, since your new here you need to have a proper tour. I'll pick you up at 8. Whaddya say?"

"It's a date!" i exclaimed and we kissed each other on the cheeks just like the French. I giggled and left to go eat some supper.
Sign up to rate and review this story