Categories > Movies > Newsies > Big New York Dream

Not So Innocent

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 997 words - Complete

0Unrated
Later that night my father came to me with a surprise.

"Orchestra seating to see a show! Father you shouldn't have." But I was so grateful he did. This means he actually trying to change.

"And this also..." He handed me a white box with a purple ribbon. "David helped me pick it out." Oh yea, I forgot to mention, Father and did some bonding with Davey this afternoon. I opened the present to reveal a long elegant purple evening gown - its the one I've been waiting all summer.

"Father, Thank you so much!" and gave him a great big bear hug. "But you shouldn't have."

"Well, David told me you really wanted so I bought for you, should a father need a reason to dote upon his daughter?" I beamed and started he turned to leave.

"Father, I want you to know something." He turned around in the doorframe and looked at me. "I will always love you no matter what." There I said it. I said what I have been meaning to say for years.

He smiled as a tear trickled down his cheek, "As do i. Now you need your rest. David has a busy day planned for you tomorrow if I am not mistaken," he slyly smiled. "good night"

"Good Night" and I hung my dress up and put the ticket on my dresser then laid down, turned off the light and fell sound asleep.

~*~

The next morning I awoke around 6 after a marvelous drea. It was about Spot. Yes, Spot the Brooklyn leader who I am in love with, yes I met him. Jack took me to see him. Well, ever since he's been visiting me. I am torn between to men. And I want to tell Davey about Spot but yet I don't know how without having him break up with me.

I turned towards my clock...only 15 minutes went by. I guess I'll go see Spot and say good-bye to him since Davey's not picking me till 10. All I have to do is sneak out of the house then come back and say I needed a walk. I quickly jumped out of bed, dressed in my favorite purple dress and was off to Brooklyn.

~*~

"Spot...psst Spot? Wakey, wakey" i shook when I reached his lodging house. It was about 6:30 now. Still early for him.

"Whos dere?"

"It's me, Rose."

"Rose? My Rosie Posie?" he turned and smiled at me waiting for his reply.

"Yes, its your Rosie Posie." when I said that he pulled me on top of him and kissed me passionately.

"Gosh I am going to miss you." He said after a while. I lifted my head off his chest and looked into his blue eyes.

"As will I, as will I" i repeated and we kissed again. I laid my head back down on his chest and drifted off to sleep.

~*~

"Spot! Spot!" one of his fellow Newsies called a few hours later.

"Wha?" he tried to get up but realized a girl was on top of him.

"Spot are you up? That Davey kid is here!"

"Tell him I'm in da shower and I'll be down." The newsie left and he proceeded to wake Rose.

"Rose...Davey's here you need ta get back to 'Hattan."

"What?" I said opening my eyes.

"Arrow! Take Rose. safely and unseen by Davey ta 'Hattan. NOW!" Then Arrow carried me the back, put me down and ran all the way across the Brooklyn Bridge.

"Youse safe now Rose, good-bye." I hugged and thanked him. Then he turned on his heels and went home.

~*~

"Hey Rose." A voice from the darkened alley, which I was passing, called to me. "Come here will you." Then he grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I cried. "Please don't hurt me!"

"This wont hurt if you cooperate." Then he kissed me hard and long. He was and excellent kisser. But Spot's are still the best. "You like that?" Honestly, I did enjoy them but should I tell the stranger the truth. "Honestly." Well, ok I have no choice.

"Yes, I did enjoy it." I saw a smirk appear on his face. "Now please tell me who you are."

"I want you to know that I have been watching you this summer." Aw that's sweet but what if he wants to kill me...then why would he have kissed me. "Promise me you will not run when I reveal myself." Why would I? a good kisser like yourself...never.

"Of course I won't, promise." He sighed then pulled me out of the alley to reveal his true identity. I couldn't believe who it was! None other than Oscar Delancy. I slowly backed away but remembered my promise.

"You promised me you wouldn't run away." He stated angrily taking my arm and pulling me his warmth.

"I am sorry but I didn't...why did you tell me sooner?"

"I did. The first day remember?" I thought back to the say he pulled me inside to my uncles office.

"But you really didn't say it. All I remember is that you'd tell my father about me hanging around with newsies is I didn't go out with you."

"You're a girl I thought you'd get the hint." He exclaimed.

"No, I am sorry I am not a mind reader!" and I stomped away. I didn't run, just stomped.

~*~

When I finally arrived home, Susan had my breakfast ready.

"Have a nice walk Miss Rose?"

"Yes, it was very refreshing." She smiled and I my father, along with Uncle Joe came in.

"Good Morning Father, Uncle/" stood up then sat back down, it was only proper.

"Good morning Rose. Read for your date I see." My father said fixing his coffee. He, himself, was in a robe.

"Yes, indeed I am." There was a quiet knock on the door and Susan opened it to reveal my bloody boyfriend.
Sign up to rate and review this story