Categories > Movies > Newsies > Big New York Dream

All But A Memory

by lyssaleigh 0 reviews

Category: Newsies - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-02-21 - Updated: 2008-02-21 - 837 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Rose, wake up." I heard a man's voice say in my ear. I slowly opened my eyes to see Dave looking upon me. "Come on Rose its time to get ready." What? Oh yea we were leaving for home today. I got up and realized I was in my nightgown in Davey's room. Flushed I gathered myself and raced for my room. At first I couldn't remember a thing from last night. Then my dream came back to him. It was truly a nightmare.

"Miss Rose your father would like to speak with you downstairs in the kitchen." Martha came to tell me. I grabbed my robe, tied it and proceeded to the kitchen area.

"Yes father?" I asked and kissed him and Uncle good-morning on the cheek.

"Just wanted to tell you what your train is leaving." My train! When did it become my train?

"What do you mean by my train father?"

"I'm staying behind a few days to help your uncle with some business. You and David are still going on schedule. Now your train leaves at 11 so be ready to leave at 10." I nodded quickly then ran back to my room.

I put on my light blue dress and pulled my long brown hair into a bun. I took one last glance around room. Taking in all the surroundings. How the white drapes hung neatly from the window, which I could see the bay in the distance. May be even a speck of Brooklyn as well. And my comfortable 4 post bed with is deep purple comforter and set to match that welcomed me ever hot summer night. A lot of memories happened on that bed. For instance Spot and Is first kiss. He snuck into my room because he 'had' to see me. I remember that day like yesterday.

Tap. Tap. I jumped. Who could be at my window on a rainy night like this. I brushed it off and thought it was like a bird or something but then it happened again. Tap. Tap. Now I turned around to face the window. A figure was definitely there. It was Spot! The Brooklyn Newsie of my dreams!

"Spot what are you doing here?" I asked as I let him in.

"I had to see you again." Was his response.

"Spot it's pouring out there. Get in here before you catch cold." I tugged him in the window. He shivered as hit and I called for Martha to bring me a cup of hot coca. "Drink this you'll feel better."

"Mmm, I feel warm already. But being with you Rose I'm always warm." I blushed and looked down. Spot finished the cup and sat it on the dresser. "Thank you but like I said I had to see you again." He repeated.

"I understand but why?" I asked. Then a loud noise of thunder crashed followed by more lightning. "Sorry not to fond of thunderstorms." I moved to sit on the bed facing Spot who in the chair by the window.

"Ise don't mind them." I chuckled.

"Obviously, since you walked in one." I retorted. Then giggled more. "Spot, you still need to answer my question." But instead of answering it he came over and kissed me on lips. "What was that about?" I asked after I caught my breath from that breath taking kiss. He knows I am seeing Dave.

isr"I had to taste you. Sorry." Flustered I moved toward the head of my bed. "You are intoxicating," he paused. "Rosie." The he crawled upon me and kissed me with fire and passion. Then someone knocked on the door. And Martha called through the door.

"Miss Rose. David is here to see you."

"I'll be down in a minute." I called to her. Why did Davey have to ruin a good make out session? I caught myself. What was I thinking. Dave was my boyfriend the one who I should be kissing while Spot was the intoxicating lover who drained ever last engery. "Spot I'll be back but for now you may hide in my closet until my return." I whispered before I walked out the door and to the living room.

"Rose." I heard Dave's voice. "Rose are you all right. You look dazed and confused." He noticed and I realized I was no longer in my memory.

"Oh its nothing. Just thinking of all the memories I've had in this room. Especially ours." I lied. He needed to know the truth but I couldn't bring my self to break his heart.

"Well you wont need to remember these ones here because we'll make new ones in your home." What? Oh right he's coming with me.

"That's right. But we won't if we don't leave soon!" I told him as I looked at the clock on the wall it was nearly 10. He took my hand and guided me out of the room. I glanced back and softly said good-bye to Spot. He was still in my closet and was will be.
Sign up to rate and review this story