Categories > TV > Doctor Who > Two times the Doctor missed his destination completely, and one time no one cared

Chapter 3

by BringMeSunshine 0 reviews

*whistles*

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-02-23 - Updated: 2008-02-23 - 972 words

0Unrated
The Doctor lay in darkness, staring at the ceiling. “Hmm.” He thought, “I don’t remember Rose being on top of me.”

He tried to move but their legs were entangled, and her head on his chest. Not wanting to wake her, he sighed contentedly as he felt the rhythm of her breathing. And thought about what he had planned for the day ahead. “Ah yes.” He thought. “This’ll be fun…”

Next Morning…..

The Doctor tiptoed into the kitchen where Rose was making tea and slipped his arms round her waist, resting his head on her shoulder.

“Good morning, my beautiful and wonderful Rose.” He said, happily.

She laughed silently, “You’re in a better mood than usual, what’s happened? It’s because of last night isn’t it?”

“Yes, that was enough to keep me smiling for years,” He grinned, “But that isn’t it.”

Rose sat at the table, “Aww. Come on, tell me!” She pouted, “I have a right to know.”

He sat opposite her, “Nope, still not telling you.” He smiled, “You’ll find out later, it’s a surprise you see.”
“Ooh! In that case I’ll wait. What are we going to do today?”

“Actually, I thought we might stay in, just do nothing. Until tonight that is. I thought I might spoil you. Do you fancy going out somewhere?”

“What, you mean get dressed up and have a quiet night, or get dressed up and end up running for our lives?” She asked.

The Doctor chuckled, “Hopefully the first option, but you never know what’ll happen. Are you interested then?”

“Are you kidding me? Course I’m interested. But there’s also something else I’m interested in.”

“What is it?”

“Well, I’m thinking of having a shower and I was wondering whether you wanted to join me?”

“The Doctor grinned, “You know what? I can’t think of anything else I would rather do…..”

They didn’t do much all day. After they’d spent a few hours in the shower the Doctor went back to fixing the TARDIS, saying that the monitor was playing up. This left Rose to do nothing but watch him work and think about how great his arse looked while he was bent over.

Later that night…..

“Rose!” the Doctor yelled down the corridor. “How long does it take for you to get ready?” He started pacing around the control room.

“Long enough!” She yelled back, “Trust me, you’ll be glad I took this long later on.”

Rose ran down the corridor trying to balance in six-inch heels, stopping just before the Doctor, who gaped at her.

She was wearing a long black halter-neck dress with a slit right up the side, stopping just below her upper thigh. She had done her hair, which fell in curls past her shoulders.

“So,” Rose twirled. “What do you think?”

“I-I think.” The Doctor stuttered. “I think you look amazing. Very amazing in fact.”

Rose smiled, “Thanks. I knew you’d love it. I never asked though, where are we going?”

“We’ve already landed; so why don’t you go and see?”

“You don’t have to tell me twice!” Rose grinned and ran outside. She looked around her. “Oh you are kidding me…” she gasped.

“Oh no, I’m not kidding,” The Doctor came and stood beside her, “This is it. We’re in New York City, circa 1950. Obviously, we’re on top of the Empire State building. And the brilliant thing is, I got it right for once.”

“I wouldn’t mind if you didn’t get it right. But this, this is beautiful.”

Rose turned back to the railings and gazed over the edge. It was night so the whole city was lit up brightly. Below she could see people still walking about, “I know it’s a cliché,” she thought. “But they all look like ants…”

“You okay?” Rose asked.

“Oh, I’m fine. Couldn’t be better actually.” He smiled.

“Alright.” Rose looked around. “Hold on, don’t people come up here? Wouldn’t they be surprised to find two people up here with a police box?”

“Nope. Visiting time is over, so no ones going to disturb us.” He peered over the railing, “Them lot down there won’t be able to see us either. We’re too high up. Therefore, we are alone for the night. But there is something else.”

He looked at her in the eyes taking her hands he said, “Um. Rose, will you marry me?” He smiled nervously and Rose gave a small scream.

“Marry you? Er…” She trailed off.

“Please? I love you, you love me. What else do we need? I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Rose beamed, “Well, since you put it like that, I can hardly say no, can I?”

“You mean…?”

“…I mean ‘yes’. I really want to marry you.”

The Doctor grinned widely and leant in and kissed her deeply. Rose raised her hand to the back of his head, teasing his hair with her fingers. A small moan escaped from Rose’s throat and she pulled away.

“What is it?” He asked.

“I’ve just realised. I knew something was odd about this place. We aren’t on the Empire State Building. This is the Chrysler Building.”

“Oh.” He regarded their surroundings. “Hmm. Easy mistake to make I suppose.” He turned back to her, “You don’t mind do you?”

Rose laughed, “You really think I care right now?” She pulled him in roughly for another deep, long kiss.

She didn’t care that he kept getting it wrong, she loved him for it. It was the fact that sometimes, he got it perfectly right. And she loved him even more for that.
Sign up to rate and review this story