Categories > Original > Fantasy > Gella/Ett

Gella/Ett

by DesdemonaIero 1 review

Rain gets lost in Gella and ends up in Ett.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-02-16 - Updated: 2008-02-17 - 1053 words

1Insightful
Gella/Ett
Characters
Fen
Hair: Red, Black on Ends;One Pink Braid
Eyes: Pink
Territory: Ett
Wears: Most of the time Fen wears a purple long-sleeve shirt (right sleeve torn off, left too long) and cargo shorts. Has eyebrow, nose, and lip piercings.
*Fen lives in the center of Ett. The farther away from the sea you get in Ett, the more like Da Hood it gets. It's a pretty bad neighborhood she lives in.

Rain
Hair: Brown on right half, Sky Blue on left
Eyes: Purple
Territory: Gella
Wears: Most of the time wears a sea green dress that stops at the knees.
*Rain's group is on an island, and because of this uses water for most of their resources. Names are mostly something to do with water (Ex. Rain, Blue, etc.).

Jasper
Hair: Black
Eyes: Right has scar going across it, and is completely black. Left is brown.
Territory: ???
Wears: Black. Anything, as long as it's black and not embarrassing.
*Has been to The Fire. Got the scar on his eye from dragons.

Plot
Rain, a member of the Gellan group, gets lost at sea and ends up in Ett. She ends up meeting Fen who helps her get back to the Gellan group and Jasper who helps her save her family from the dragons on the island called The Fire.

The Story


"Ett is a dangerous place to wander, Gellan."
The demon walked toward her, & she backed away, her purple eyes fixed on the black horns emerging from the blood-red hair on his head. Her own hair, brown on one side and sky blue on the other, fell to her shoulders. She backed into a wall, and stood there, shaking.
"What are you wandering around here for, Gellan?" He said, walking closer. "Are you lost? You might get hurt wandering around here to long--" He was cut off by an arrow slamming into his shoulder. He disappeared in a burst of flames and heat.
Rain stared at the space where the demon chasing her had stood. She looked around hurriedly, trying to find the source of the shot.
A figure stepped out of the shadows. She had red hair with black tips, except for a single pink braid that fell over her shoulder. She held a crossbow. She cursed under her breath.
"That was my last holy arrow, so you're on your own if any more show up before I get some," she said.
Rain was still staring at the scorched ground. "D-d-d-did you k-k-kill it?"
"Nah, I would've had to hit it on the head or chest to kill it. I couldn't get a clear shot, it was moving so much."
"Wh-w-w-w-wh-wh-who--"
She put the crossbow onto her back. "The name's Fendora, but most call me Fen. And you are?"
"R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-"
"Spit it out already!"
"Rain."
"You're from Gella, huh?"
"Yes."
"Watcha doing here?"
"I got lost."
"You got lost on the island of Gella and ended up in the middle of Ett?"
"I got lost at sea. I tried to find land, and I guess I came in the wrong direction."
"Why were you at sea?"
"They had found a new island, and were sending settlers there. But, on the way we were attacked."
"By who? Etts?"She knew it wasn't. Etts weren't much for water travel.
"No. It was- something else. There were these things- they were like fish and like birds: on the water and in the air. The air ones had thick wings with sharp claws at the end, and four legs. The water ones were long and thin, with webbed claws. They could disguise themselves: The air ones were blue like the sky on bottom, and green like the sea on top. The water ones were all sea green. They attacked the ship. First, the air ones attacked. They grabbed people with their claws and flew off. We thought we were safe after that: Then the water ones attacked. They sunk the ship, and started eating the people, tearing them apart bit by bit. It was luck I survived."
"Dragons."
"Huh?"
"That's what attacked your ship. Dragons. I've heard stories, but I never thought they were true. I've also heard of the island: The people here call it The Fire. It's where these things came from, their home."
"Wait. The travelers said that this island was safe! They said they saw it, walked on it, made a camp there for the night."
Fen looked up. "Travelers? What did they look like?"
"They had dark cloaks and didn't carry any bags or supplies. I didn't see their faces."
"Feeders."
"What?!?!?"
"They were feeders. They travel to villages, and trick people into going into The Fire. They came here, but we had heard from other cities what they were, and we thought we chased them away. I guess they just went to your village."
"Fen. . . . "
"Yeah?"
"What do they do to those that were taken?" She was afraid of the answer.
"The feeders lure people to the dragons, and the dragons. . . . . ."
". . . . eat them?" Rain flinched as she said the words.
"Yeah. You okay?" Rain had sunk to the floor, and was crying.
"M-m-m-my p-parents were--" She burst out crying, and couldn't finish.
"You know, they don't eat all the ones they take." Rain looked up at her.
"R-r-r-r-really?"
"Yeah," Fen explained."Otherwise, there'd be no feeders. The air ones take some back with them, and out of these, four are usually taken to be trained."
"So, they could still be alive?" She had stopped crying.
"Yep."
She jumped up."I have to go save them!"
"No!"Fen grabbed her arm before she could go running off. "If you go there, you'll die! It's no use running off and getting yourself killed!"
She tried to struggle out of Fen's grip. "I can't sit here and do nothing!"
"Rain," she tried to speak calmly,"If you really want to save them, you have to calm down and listen." Rain stopped struggling. "Now, there's only one person in Ett who has a boat and would willingly go to The Fire. I'll take you there, but you have to promise not to go running off trying to be heroic. Heroics don't do much in Ett."
"O-okay."
"Good, come with me." She walked off, with Rain following like a small child.
Sign up to rate and review this story