Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Tragic Accidents

Chapter 3

by Inudork08 0 reviews

After Ritsuka's fatal injuries put him in the hospital, is his painful journey almost over? Or will pain end up being the journey?

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Kio,Ritsuka,Seimei,Soubi,Yuiko - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-02-24 - Updated: 2008-02-25 - 1243 words

0Unrated
It was late and Soubi was the one now trying to fight his eyelids, but he also failed and fell asleep alongside Ritsuka.

It was the next day and Ritsuka opened his eyes and saw Soubi sound asleep. Ritsuka lifted his hand and gently touched Soubi’s hand, making Soubi jump up in surprise.

Soubi looked at the hand that touched him then up at Ritsuka, who smiled at him.

“Ritsuka!”

Soubi jumped up and gave Ritsuka a firm yet gentle hug.

Ritsuka lifted his hand once more and took of the oxygen mask.

“Hi Soubi…”

“How do you feel Ritsuka?”

“Better then I did…”

Soubi turned once he heard the door gently slide open and the doctor walked in.

“Well, you’re awake, so that’s good. How are you feeling?”

“Fine…except my side hurts.”

“It should, we had to cut you open Ritsuka. You had internal bleeding. The nurse will be right in to give you some pain medicine okay?”

Ritsuka nodded the coughed having to sit up so he could catch the blood that came out of his mouth.

“That will continue to happen for a while, after all, your body is trying to heal itself, so don’t fret.”

Ritsuka nodded and grabbed the towel that Soubi handed him, just in time to cough up some more blood into he towel. Soubi leaned over the bed and helped him, holding the towel as he coughed and gagged. Soon the white towel was red, full of Ritsuka’s blood. Ritsuka lied back panting, as he tried to catch his breath. Soubi leaned over and wiped the blood that was on the side of his mouth, then covered him up.

“Are you okay here?”

The doctor asked Soubi.

“Yes, but can we please get some more towels?”

The doctor nodded and left the room.

“Are you really okay Ritsuka?”

“Yes…just a little tired…”

“Well rest, Yuiko and Kio will be here soon to visit you, so rest.”

Ritsuka chuckled and went to sleep…drifting off into darkness once more. It was around 12:00 p.m. and Ritsuka lazily opened his eyes. He saw Kio and Yuiko laughing and Soubi looking at him. Then his eyes widened and he sat up and began to cough and gag once more, and Soubi was there with the towel. Ritsuka’s body shook as he coughed and coughed.

“It’s okay Ritsuka, get it all out…”

Soubi put a reassuring had on his back. Then Ritsuka pushed the towel away and sat up straighter. He looked at Yuiko, who looked terrified, and Kio who looked just as terrified as Yuiko.


“Hi.”

Yuiko smiled once she heard his voice and went over and jumped on the bed and gave him a hug.

“How does Ritsuka feel?”

“Fine Yukio, I’ll be fine okay?”

Yuiko nodded and got off of the bed. Then Kio came over and smiled.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better Ritsuka! When we found you, you looked horrible! You look a lot better now.”

Ritsuka laughed and began talking to Yuiko and Kio, talking about funny stuff that Kio did while he was asleep or stuff that Yuiko did. Then the door opened and the doctor walked in. Everyone stopped laughing and looked at him.

“How are you feeling Ritsuka?”

“Fine! I feel a lot better then I did!”

Ritsuka frowned and looked at his sheets.

“Ritsuka is something wrong?”

“Well…do you know if my mom is coming?”

“We called her, but she said she wants nothing to do with you…I’m sorry Ritsuka…”

Ritsuka quietly nodded then looked at his bed.

“Well I’m going to get your release papers so you can go home now, okay?”

“You mean I get to go home?!”

“Yes.”

Ritsuka was happy now, getting out of bed and quickly going to the bathroom to get dressed into his sweats. Soubi signed the paper work and gave it to the nurse at the front desk.

“Thank you! I hope we don’t see you back here too soon Ritsuka! Bye now!”

“Bye Rebecca!”

Ritsuka cheerfully chimed as he headed for the door.

“Are you sure you feel okay Ritsuka?”

“Mhm!”

Ritsuka cheerfully ran ahead with Yuiko, then suddenly stopped.

“Ritsuka? You’re scaring Yuiko…”

Then he fell to his knees and began to cough and gag once more.

“Ritsuka!”

Soubi ran with Kio on his heels, to where Ritsuka was trembling as the snow turned a bright red.

“Soubi! Ritsuka won’t stop coughing!”

“I…Can’t…!”

Ritsuka said between gasps of breath. Then a sudden voice sent chills down Ritsuka’s spine.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Ritsuka. It looks like we didn’t kill you but we did do some damage. Tell me are you going to die Ritsuka?”

Ritsuka stopped coughing and glared at Breathless. Then Soubi stood in front of Ritsuka.

“Retreat! You want to leave, like a-“

“Deny! We will not retreat! We will severe your bond! Now cut, slice!”

Soubi stood there, ready to intercept the attack but was shocked when Ritsuka jumped in front of him. Ritsuka’s eyes widened as the two attacks hit him. He made a pained noise as he smiled at Soubi, and blood dripped from the side of his mouth.

“No…Ritsuka…”

Ritsuka just smiled and collapsed into Soubi’s arms who fell to his knees cradling Ritsuka in his arms.

“Well…wasn’t that noble. Now to finish this! Cut once more, severe their bond!”

“DENY! You want to leave and never return! Carried away like a pair of rats that found no food! Leave now!”

Once again Breathless was carried away, and hopefully this was the last. Soubi looked at Ritsuka who looked at him with half open eyes.

“I’m sorry Soubi…I didn’t want you to get hurt because of me…I couldn’t lose anyone else …because of…me……..”

Ritsuka closed his eyes and went limp in Soubi’s arms. Tears started to form in Soubi’s eyes as he looked down at Ritsuka’s peaceful face, with a smile on it.

“Ritsuka…? Wake up dammit! Ritsuka!”

Yuiko started to cry and Kio hugged her as she cried into his shirt, tears streaming down his own cheeks. Everyone stood there crying, as Ritsuka still lied there limp and not willing to open his eyes. Then there was a flash of light, and everyone looked at it amazed. Soubi’s eyes widened as he saw Seimei looking at Ritsuka.

“You can not leave just yet Ritsuka, you still have much to do, much to see.”

Soubi released Ritsuka’s body when Seimei nodded towards him. Ritsuka’s body was lifted into the air and a bright flash made everyone shield their eyes. Then Ritsuka gently floated back down and landed in Soubi’s arms.

“Take good care of him old friend, protect him with everything you have. He is the key to finding me Soubi.”

Soubi nodded as the tears rolled uncontrollably down his face. Seimei nodded and disappeared, then Ritsuka sucked in a deep breath, and began to cough, gaging as the blood spilled over the side of his mouth.

“Ritsuka! Thank God!”

Soubi wiped Ritsuka’s mouth and gave him a tight squeez.

“Seimei spoke to me Soubi…he showed me how to find him…he told me it wouldn’t be easy, but I already knew that…I am the key…”
Sign up to rate and review this story