The War is Over, Harry has won. But at what cost? At odds with Dumbledore, estranged from the Weasleys, betrayed by Lupin, Harry tries to carry on for his 7th year.
(#) ginnytracy 2008-02-17 05:38:22 PMIt's always a delight to see anew story from you, Clell! This one looks very interesting--I have to wonder what went down that involved not only Dumbledore and the majority of the Weasleys but Remus Lupin!
I see that Hermione is still thinking with her hormones (assuming it's not a "love potion" thing) as she appeared to be in both books 6 and 7. What in the name of all that's holy happened to the girl's brain? I remember being a twit about boys when I was that age, but really, she's abusing the privilege.
Author's response- Thanks.
- Re: what happened. As the story is currently plotted, that's never explained, under the theory that what happened isn't important, it's what IS happening that is the story. I may change my mind, but there you go...
- It's not a potion thing. I've known women who were attracted to men who weren't good for them, but who rang their chimes oh so effectively...
- Unfortunately, this guy was never me, I was the friend who got every instant of their encounters recounted in graphic detail. For the longest period of my life I believed I had a super power, that being the ability to have women tell me about the sex they were getting without getting any myself... sigh.
- So Hermione has the screaming thigh sweats (to turn a phrase) for Ron, and is attempting to convince herself that she is in love with him.
- Please say hermione going to be one of the one's paired with harry. How many girls do you plan to have harry with at the same time.
Author's response- Possibly, if she gets over Ron's bod.
- Harry is a one woman (at at time) kind of guy.
(#) twilliams1797 2008-02-17 05:59:54 PMI was going to make a comment about the Hermione thing and how some people make such wrong decisions, but then, I said ,nah.. so. Backstory will be interesting,I am sure, what did Remus do, other than follow DD blindly, the Weasels.. whatever, another excellent story. please continue as you can.
- As always, kind sir, your stories are a welcome treat!! I am all atwitter to find out what Harry caught Dumbledore, the Weasleys, and Remus Lupin at? small sob for Remus
Poor old Hermione is clearly in thrall, I hope you give vivid, bloodthirsty detail to what happens when she finds out!!
Neville's warning.."I feel cheap" hee!!
"survive the ride" vows to grow up just like Angelina*
Can we please send the sorting hat the soundtrack to Heavy Metal????
Fred's excellent transvestite adventure!!
You help us stay on the windy side of care, sir. Thank you for that!!
Author's response- Truth be told, I haven't decided if I'm going to explain what happened as part of the story...
- Hermione is not in an artificial thrall. She is just one of those women who have the screaming thigh sweats for a guy who isn't good for her.
- And Neville was seriously bummed out too.
- I like Angelina. I always picture the girl who played her in the film...
- The hat couldn't handle the sound track to Heavy Metal.
- To heck with Fred, imagine being George!
- Great prank on the Weasleys. I'm sure you'll fill in some blanks later. Of course, I'd like to see some of the other stories finished. . . .
Author's response- I was just wanting to visit some of the humiliation that the twins have shared with others...
- I'd like to finish some too, but this one and the GL story just wouldn't leave me alone until I wrote them down, and since they were written, why not post for some ego strokes...
- Acts is about 4-5 chapters from being done....
(#) ZanyMuggle 2008-02-17 07:28:39 PMYou've truly outdone yourself this time! The prank on the twins is about the best prank I've heard in HP fanfics.
The rift between Dumbledore-Weasleys-Lupin and Harry sounds very true to canon -- or what should have happened in canon. You've got my curiosity piqued -- even more so with Dora's take on the matter.
Lastly, I love your Luna and the possinle self-obliviations. No wonder they're a bit off-kilter! One obliviation can mess a person up for life, and here they are taking it up as a pasttime!
Good work! Thanks for writing and sharing it.
Author's response- Thanks
- I wasn't going to say what the falling out was all about. But everyone wants to know so...
- Luna is always fun.