Categories > Original > Drama > Hard to Say

"It Still Hurts"

by rocky_horror 1 review

Bert has always loved Gerard, but he never was loved in return. It still hurts not having him.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-01-23 - Updated: 2006-01-24 - 804 words

0Unrated

"Thanks everyone." Said Bert to the un-entertained audience. Applause scattered around the room, and Bert waved to the audience glumly. He looked back at his band mates. Jeph looked down at his bass, probably trying to get something right, and Quinn looked straight at Bert. Brandon already started to get his drum things together, since the drums were the most difficult to get together, next to the amps. He grabbed his microphone stand and put it with the stuff, then went outside to get some air. Outside the door was a little patio set table and chairs where he found a seat? He drummed his nervous fingers on the table looking at the sparkling night sky. Reminding him of Gerard's eyes, which made his eyes well up with tears. Why didn't Gerard love Bert? Bert had asked himself this question everyday since that night. Although he knew the answer- Gerard was not gay- plain and simple. It still hurt, what hurt most was Bert really loved him. He knew he had to overcome that, which would be hard. He thought of that full pack of cigarettes in his back pocket. He could use a cigarette, but he knew he shouldn't. The craving overcame him, and he quickly lit one up leaning back in the chair and exhaling. The door opened startling Bert. He turned around to see a happy smiling Quinn. "Watcha' ya' doin'" He greeted. His improper child-like slang, for some odd reason, made Bert laugh. That was just the typical "Quinn talk". Bert sighed. "Not much." He replied. Quinn sat across from him eying the cigarette in Bert's mouth. "I thought you quit." He said. Bert scoffed. "Yeah, so did I." He said. Quinn couldn't help but laugh. "You know you really need to quit, though." Quinn implied. "Yes, mother." Bert replied. "Just sayin'." He said. "So um...are you uh...going with Gerard...I mean I know you liked him..." He said. "Loved him I loved him. Loved." Bert replied. "Well I'm here for you."
"I know." Bert said in response.
"Good." Said Quinn.
Bert smiled at Quinn, looking at his eyes, which seemed to be smiling bigger than his smile. They were pretty, that he never noticed before.
"WATCH IT! THAT'S MY FOOT!" Shouted Jeph from inside. "Well, be more careful than." Said Brandon.
"YOU BE MORE CAREFUL!" Jeph yelled.
"STOP YELLING!" Brandon yelled.
"Well, it sounds like they need our assistance." Said Quinn. "Yeah, we better help." Bert replied. Bert and Quinn went inside to help Brandon and Jeph. "You guys need help." Asked Bert. "Yes." They both replied. Bert helped Jeph with the amplifier he was carrying, and Quinn helped Brandon with his drums. Then they carried outside to put it all in the van. A van Brandon, Jeph, Quinn, and Bert saved up to buy for band purposes. The saved up not a lot, which is why it is a piece of junk. "Does it seem to you guys that our band van is getting smaller?" Asked Jeph. "We don't have room for Quinn anymore." "No, I'm just getting fatter." Said Quinn. Bert laughed. "Its okay he can come home with me." Said Bert. "Kay." Said Jeph. "JEPH HOWARD LETS GO!" Brandon ordered. "I'm coming." Said Jeph running to the passenger side of the van. "Bye guys! Good show!" They shouted waving as they pulled out. Bert and Quinn waved as well. "That was very thoughtful of you, Bertie Wertie." Said Quinn. "It would be very thoughtful of you to never call me that again." Said Bert in response. They went off to Bert's car, and went to Bert's house.

When they arrived pretty much all they did was sit in Bert's room and talk. Talking about many things, a lot about Gerard. "I loved him. That's what hurt the most." Said Bert. Quinn sighed. "You know, Gerard didn't really do anything wrong." Said Quinn. "He just doesn't feel that way about guys." "Yes I know, and I understand that, but it still hurts." Said Bert. "I'm sure it does...love does hurt." Said Quinn. "All you can do is...try to forget him. It will be hard, but maybe you'll find someone else. Maybe someone who does feel that way. Not only that way about guys, but about you."
"Who would feel that way about me?" Bert asked.
"You aren't the hardest in the world to love." Said Quinn.
"Thanks, Quinn. I needed that."
"Well, it's true. You are a pretty guy, and very sweet. Who wouldn't love you? That is the question." Said Quinn.
Tears filled Bert's beautiful eyes, and he gave Quinn a big hug crying on his shoulder. Quinn just rubbed his back and telling him that it would be okay. After a while they lay down on the bed, and fell asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story