Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > drabble folder

Seaside Towns I/II

by Bladderwrack 0 reviews

CrawfordxSchuldig. Challenge: Anywhere But Japan

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Crawford, Schuldig - Published: 2006-02-04 - Updated: 2006-02-04 - 200 words

0Unrated
The town was faded and provincial and cheap and loud; tacky like ice cream dripped onto asphalt car parks and three-quarters full with pasty English tourists. Schuldig, naturally, had loved it.

He was sprawled sleeping in the middle of the double bed, sunburnt glowing pink across the bridge of his nose and in the space below his pale salt-crusted eyebrows. The colour clashed with his hair. Crawford entertained the idea of waking the telepath to make him move over, but decided against it. He was quiet when he was asleep. Besides, he had already got sand all over the bed.
__________
__________

They had spent a week in a dingy B&B, watching a target and waiting. The sheets in their room were patterned with brown and orange flowers, and matched the curtains. Crawford wouldn't have believed such places still existed, before. The sky was heavy and portentous, reflected iron-grey in the sea.

The sea troubled Crawford, reminding him uncomfortably of collapsing empires and crushing black water - a memory of things not yet come to pass. He pushed the thoughts to the back of his mind, and was glad when the opportunity came to move on. The storm would not break yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story