Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Day My Life Changed Completly

Then I met Chris

by xXi_luv_gerardXx 2 reviews

ooh... Rachel has a crush...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-03-02 - Updated: 2008-03-02 - 1432 words

0Unrated
Gerard led Rachel into an area right next to the side of the stage. The band's family and friends were all there. "This is kind of like a special section for people we know," Gerard explained. "I thought maybe you'd want to be in the actual crowd last time because you had a ticket and you were with Winter, but I don't want you in there alone. It's safer here." His main concern was that someone could easily take her if she was in the crowd, but he was also worried that she could fall in a mosh pit or something and get hurt.

Rachel noticed that the section was closed off and separate from the crowd, so obviously no one was going to put a gun to her head and drag her away. She sighed in relief. "I'm gonna go warm up with everyone, okay?" Gerard said. "The security will take you backstage when the show ends. I'll meet you there."

"Okay," Rachel said, nodding. Gerard gave her a quick hug and headed backstage. Rachel suddenly felt very shy. She didn't know any of these people, and some of them were probably wondering who the hell she was. Luckily, there were quite a few of the band's friends there, and some of them had kids. Rachel hoped that some people in this section would scream, jump, or sing along during the show. She didn't wanna be the only one doing it, and she definitely didn't wanna just stand there and silently watch. She didn't know if that was even possible for her.

"Dad, don't tell me that everyone here is just gonna stand and watch," she heard a voice say. "I don't want to be the only one singing along and cheering."

Rachel's POV
I turned around to see who the voice belonged to and saw a boy about my age a few feet away. He was really skinny and kind of short, but he didn't look too bad. He had on black straight-leg jeans, a My Chem tshirt and was pulling on a black zip-up hoodie, rolling up the sleeves and putting his hood up. I instantly liked him. He was so cute, and one look in his amazing light brown eyes told me that he wasn't some jerk who thought too much of himself. I didn't want to flirt or ask him out or any of that crap. I just wanted to be his friend.

He looked at me for a few seconds, probably confirming that I wasn't a prep, fan girl, or poser. I waited anxiously for him to give a smile of approval. I hoped I didn't look like a poser. I had gone a little overboard with the eyeliner... and Frank helped me put wash-out black and purple streaks in my hair... Did I look like I'm trying too hard? Finally, he smiled. I sighed in relief, smiling back and walking over.

"You won't be the only one singing along," I said. "I freakin love this band."

The boy sighed in relief and flicked his jet black hair out of his eyes. "Good," he said. "Everyone else looks like they just stand and watch. That'd be torture for me."

I laughed. "Me too. I'm Rachel," I said, holding out my hand.

"Chris," he said, taking my hand and shaking it. "Dad, I'm gonna go hang out with Rachel," he said, looking up at his father.

He nodded. "Have fun," he said. We walked over to the end of the section and leaned against the wall.

I was somewhat surprised. I was just expecting some hellos and thats it. I didn't think I'd end up hanging out with him for the concert. Chris... I really like that name.

"So how do you know the band?" Chris asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You have to know someone from the band to get in here..." He said.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't hear you," I said. "Well, I'm actually staying with the band for about a month and a half."

"Wow, you're lucky," he said. "My dad is close friends with Bob. We come to shows when we can, but we hardly see him anymore."

"Well, I'm not THAT lucky," I said. "The guys are just taking me to my new home in North Carolina or somewhere like that. My mom... my mom died a not too long ago."

"I'm so sorry," Chris said, giving me a hug. My heart skipped a beat. I tried to remain calm.

"It's ok," I said. "I'm getting over it. My mom would want me to be happy."

"My mom passed away too," he said, staring down at the floor. "About a year ago."

"I'm sorry," I said. "It's horrible isn't it? These past two weeks have been very dramatic for me."

"You're doing better than I did," Chris said. "I didn't leave my room for a month when my mom died."

I felt so bad for him, but not knowing him well, I didn't know what exactly to do. "Wow," was all I could say.

Chris took off his sweater, and I could see that his My Chem shirt was homemade. "That's cool," I said. "I'm not creative enough to make my own shirt." I zipped down my sweater to reveal an MCR shirt that I bought at hot topic.

He laughed. "Well, I just got bored one day and decided to. I-"

He was cut off by the crowd cheering. Gerard was walking onstage. We ran back up to the front. I could see everyone perfectly. Bob saw Chris and waved at him, then he smiled at me.

A few minutes later, Chris and I were jumping up and down, screaming the words to every song that came on. We ended up not being the only ones in the section going crazy, but even if we were, I wouldn't have cared.

When the concert ended, Chris walked with me (and the security guard) backstage. "Hi Gerard," I said, giving him a hug.

"Hi Rachel," he said weakly. His voice was thrashed. "Hey Chris, haven't seen you in a while."

"Hey," he said. He looked around. "BOB!" He screamed, running towards him.

"Chris!" Bob said, giving him a hug. "Long time, no see!"

"I missed you!" Chris said, suddenly full of energy. I walked outside with Gerard, who was laughing.

"What's so funny?" I demanded.

Gerard laughed. "You like him," he teased.

I blushed. "I do not!"

"Do too," Gerard said. "I can tell."

I blushed even more and stared down at the floor. "Maybe a little," I muttered. Gerard laughed. "But he's so cool! I like being his friend!"

Gerard laughed again. "Why don't you ask him to go to tomorrow night's show?"

"I can't do that!" I said, starting to spazz out.

"Rachel, do it. He'll be stoked. I can tell he likes you back."






















"You like her," Bob said.

Chris blushed. "A little," he muttered.

"She likes you back."

Chris looked up. "What?"

Bob laughed. "It's obvious. She likes you."

"You think so?" Chris asked.

"I know so," Bob said.























"So, um... Gerard gave me this extra ticket so if you wanna go... you can..." Rachel nervously brushed her hair out of her eyes, looking up to face Chris. They were right outside of the tour bus, a few hours after the concert.

"That would be awesome," Chris said. "I'd love to hang out with you again."

"Chris!" his dad called, "Time to go!"

"Coming!" He turned back to Rachel. "What's your number?"

Rachel gave it to him and watched him wave and run back to his dad. She smiled and watched him until she couldn't see him anymore.

"Someone's in looooooooovve," Frank teased.

Rachel blushed. "Shut up," she said.

"Everyone knows... you two make it so obvious. Awww, is he texting you?" He said, as Rachel's phone rang. He laughed.

Rachel shut her phone and went inside the bus to get ready for bed.

"Do you think they will end up going out?" Frank asked Bob.

Bob shrugged. "Probably. But I'm worried about what will happen when Rachel's all excited about her boyfriend, and not by Gerard's side 24/7."

"I never thought about that," Frank said, looking in the window and seeing Rachel smiling at her phone. "I hope he takes it well."

"Me too," Bob said, going inside to join the rest of the guys. Frank followed. Rachel was attached to her phone the whole night. Despite the endless teasing from everyone, she still continued texting until it was time for her to go to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story