Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Will Always B the 1

I know this hurts, it was meant to

by Syn_INC 4 reviews

~the one where Patrick makes a desision~

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-03-02 - Updated: 2008-03-03 - 1759 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4:
~*~
Saturday, March 10 2007
Glenview Illinois
Patrick's house
~*~
He sat in the dark room just sataring at the picture of Payton that sat in front of him on the table. He sighed and rubbed his eyes. He had no more tears left now his eyes just burned in their sockets, another painful reminder of what had happened.
He heard foot steps behind him but didn't bother turning. The guys had been over at different times checking up on him, Alicia had tried talking him into getting out of the house but he refused. He didn't want to be anywhere, he couldn't function outside these walls right now, not with all the thoughts running through his brain. He needed to sort them out before he even attempted to deal with anything else; weather it be work or just everyday activities. He wished everyone would just understand that his world had completly come undone in the span of an hour and he needed to figuere out what he was going to do. Why wouldn't they just leave him alone? He had the right to be depressed and anti social. Why did everyone want to freak out when he did it but it was perfectly fine for Pete to do it every day of his life.
He let out a breath and the footsteps that he heard finally stoped and sat down across from him. Still he sat with his arms on his legs looking at the floor. The person reached across the table and picked up the picture of Payton he had put there just a few seconds before. He heard the person give a slight chuckle.
"I have a picture of you when you were 2 and you look just like this."
Patrick looked up for a second to see his mom smiling at the picture in her hand.
"She has a different smile and her eyes are a bit different but its almost the same. Look at that hair! And that smile" his mom smiled a bit longer and then put the picture down on the table.
"so I guess they told you" patrick said laying his head back on the couch
"Yes they told me... I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed in you-"
"Mom please don't"
"Don't what Patrick Martin? A call from Peter and Bob wasn't my ideal way of finding out I had a grandaughter"
He sighed
"That's yet to be proven mom. Its not a for sure thing"
"Not a for sure thing?" Pat asked a bit confused
"Yes mom I'm not sure if she's mine, for all I know she could just be trying to push this on me when the kid is someone elses."
"So you don't think she's yours?"
"I don't know mom, I don't know" he said throwing his arms up in frustration
"Pete says-"
"No sentence ever ends well when you start it with 'Pete says'. Patrick I raised you to be your own person, to have your own opinion and if the reason why you aren't even trying to help this little girl is because of something Pete said or something Alicia said then there's something wrong in this picture because the son I raised would know that this isn't about what they think or want this is about YOU and HER. So what do you want to do Patrick? If you have doubts then there are simple tests to give you the answers you need. You have nothing to loose in this, she however has her life on the line." She motioned to the picture of Payton which Patrick looked at from the corner of his eye. With that said Pat got up from the chair and fished in her purse for something. She placed it on the table and then turned to leave.
"If I raised you right Patrick, which I'm sure I did, I know you'll make the right choice. "
He ran a hand over his tired face and sighed. He looked at the table and spotted what his mom had placed down. A picture of himself as a baby looking almost identical to the one of Payton. His mother made her way to the door and stepped out closing it behind her. He slighlty jumped at the sound the door made when it shut and he looked around the room for a second before picking up the pictures there. He breathed in deep and picked his cell phone up from the table infront of him and dialed a number. He waited a minute before the person on the other end picked up.
"Hey Lupe its Patrick. I need some information"
~*~
Sunday March 11, 2007
Northwestern Hospital
Childrens ward
Downtown Chicago
~*~
"ANDIE LOOK WHAT WE MADE YOU" Ebony, a little 7 year old patient yelled as I walked into the little play area where we brought in the little kids to play.
"Ebony honey, remember how we talked about inside voices" Ebony giggled
"Sorry Andie, look what we made you everyone helped!" she said excitedly bouncing up and down on her feet. I looked over at Becky, the other nurse on duty who just shrugged and smiled. I looked down at the little girl infront of me who handed me a huge card, I smiled as I saw the front cover. It said Get well soon Baby Payton. And on the inside were messeges and drawings by all the kids in the ward. I felt myself tearing up and I bent down to Ebonys level and gave her a hug.
"We heard your baby was sick and we thought this could make her feel better and make you happy" she said shyly her eyes downcast.
"You are a great little girl Ebony thank you. Thank you all" all the kids that could crowded around me and gave me a group hug. These kids never seized to amaze me. Despite there own pain and sickness they never seemed to stop carring about others and would go above and beyond to make someone else happy. They made my time here that much more bareable. I went around the room helping the kids out with their coloring or just playing with them when my pager went off. I looked at it and my eyes got huge.
~Payton 911~
I cursed under my breath and looked up at Becky who just nodded already knowing what was going on. I found myself jogging across the hall and towards the stairs taking them 2 at a time finally reaching the floor where Payton was. I ran across the halls and finally I reached the nurses station by her room. Shannon was sitting there and when she saw me she seemed relieved.
"Thank god Andie I thought you left."
"What's going on? What's wrong with Payton?" But before she could answer I heard Samantha, the head RN yelling at someone.
"I don't care who you say you are. You could be Jesus coming down from heaven for all I care. You aren't getting any information on the patient becuase you aren't listed under eligible family members"
"But he could be the father" a voice stated
"I can't help you youre not listed. I'm not allowed to release classified information" I turned to the voices and almost choked on air when I saw the group of people in front of Samantha. I walked over towards the group slowly. Patrick was the first to spot me and perked up a bit. Pete stood in front of Samantha who wasn't fazed by him one bit and just looked at him like he was any other random annoying person.
I walked over to Samantha who just sighed in relief at seeing me. Pete glared while the rest of the group just looked at me
"Its about time you showed up. " Pete growled in my direction getting him an evil glare from Samantha and another from Patrick who whispered something to him that made him close his mouth and step back.
"I was trying to explain to this Gentleman
That I can't release any info on Payton because they aren't family."
"Patrick is Paytons father Sam" her eyes buldged a bit but she nodded.
"Well see about that, god knows who she did" Pete said loud enough for everyone to hear. Patrick shot a look at him while Samantha turned to him
"Harrass my nurse one more time and see how fast I don't have security come up here and throw you out. I don't care who you think you are" she said pointing at Pete. At this I grabbed Sam's hand and Patrick steped in front of Pete and talked to Sam.
"That won't be necesarry I assure you he'll behave."
"Right" she said turning to me.
"Ill leave you to it then. Ill call Robert up in a few minutes."
I nodded and she walked out of the private waiting room leaving me alone with the group of 6 men and a woman.
Patrick walked untill he was arms distance from me.
I heard the door open and Robert walked in.
"I want a paternety test" Patrick stated quietly
"Fine"
"We can arange for one as soon as you're ready. While we do it we can also check your bone marrow for compatibility with Paytons" I said and he nodded
"There's something else.. I want my doctor to run the blood work."
Robert and I looked at each other and he spoke up to Patrick.
"Do you think we'd alter the test? I assure you that isn't the case. Especially in the conditions Paytons in" he said trying to sound un offended but his tone said he was.
"Look the truth is she works here and I'd just feel better if he was there while we ran the tests."
Robert was going to protest again but I stopped him
"Rob, its fine give him what he wants. Lets just get this over with so we can get Payton what she needs." Rob nodded and lead the doctor who eneded up being Joe's dad Dr. Trohman to where he needed to go to start preping for the tests.
@@@@
A/N
Sorry for the long wait but I've had other things on my mind and what not, today I feel inspired though which means maybe I can crank out a few more chapters. I mean they are all in my head its just a matter of getting them onto the screen. Hope u enjoy. Also forgive my poor grammar but I am on my sidekick and this thing doesn't have spell check.
Besos
Kay
Sign up to rate and review this story