Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > In Between Days

It Was The Starriest Sky I’d Ever Seen.

by -PLWwayy 3 reviews

Ray takes charge and Mikey and Bob go out looking for Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-03-06 - Updated: 2008-03-07 - 909 words

0Unrated
RAY’S POV.
I sit at my place on the couch, wanting so much to just pass out and forget about all this. Forget that we still haven’t found my best friend, and that the girl who we’d known for such a short amount of time, yet who’d had such an impact on us all, was dead… I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment, hearing sobs and heavy breathing. Then they snap open and I look around again. I can’t see Frankie, but he’s in the kitchen. Bob’s sitting at the bench, next to where Sidney lay, and Mikey’s huddled in a heap on the ground. I take a deep breathe. “Okay, guys. We can’t just, stay here like this. Bob, Frank, get up. Carry Sid to a bunk. Mikey, get up and start fixing up the place. I know it’s not really important but, we need to be able to move around. I’m going to splint my leg, and if anyone can find Gerard’s old crutches, that’d be great. I think they were in the cupboard in the common room.” They all look up, surprised. Mikey wipes his eyes, and as though with new found hope, he stands up and walks towards the common room. Frankie appears and stands by Sid a moment, face blank and expressionless. He strokes her hair and without warning suddenly picks her up and carries her bridal style to the bunks. Bob watches in silence then when Frank disappears from his view, bends over to move the table to an upright position, picking up some of our stuff and putting it back on it. I can’t help but smile at the determination of these men, my best friends. I look around and see a chair leg, made of a light wood. Perfect. I reach over to pull it closer to me along with the first aid kit, which although its contents had spilled all around, could still help. It does. I unravel the bandage that was in there and take a deep breath as I straighten my leg viciously. It hurts like fucking hell and I bite down hard on my lip to keep from crying out as I tightly bound my leg straight to the chair leg, and a few seconds later Mikey appears witch a pair of battered crutches. I look at them as the memories flood back… Gerard breaking his foot and everyone laughing as he hobbled around on crutches… I pushed it from my mind and took the crutches, thanking Mikey. “Now, I think You and Bob should go out looking for Gerard.” I lowered my voice “I don’t think Frankie can cope at the moment if anything’s wrong. I barely think you can, Mikes, the only reason I’m not is cause, well…”I motion to my leg and Mikey nods, and swallows. “I know you can be brave, Mikey. Be brave for Gerard.” He gets Bob, they take torches (it’s still really dark out there) and set off into the misty night, in search of our frontman. Frankie walks back out, his eyes swollen and red. “Mikey and Bob went looking for Gee. Me and you are gonna clear up this place so we can sort ourselves out. Are you gonna be okay?” Frankie nods. “Yeah, I am.” He says softly. I stand up, wobbling slightly, and we begin replacing furniture and gathering things we might need. It’s going to be a long time till morning.


BOB’S POV.
I knew something was different… Wrong, even… The minute we walked out of the bus. Not only was it the blackest night I’d ever seen but it was…Foggy, and cold. There was absolutely no wind and no sound, and when I looked up, through the fog, it was the starriest sky I’d ever seen. I shivered. It was so /cold/. Mikey pulled his jacket around himself closer and we both set out into the dark. “Gerard? Its Bob! And Mikey’s here too! If you can hear us, make some signal, please!” I screamed as loud as I could. Nothing. Mikey still looked calm, but I could tell he was getting uneasy. We kept walking, I wanted to scope the area a bit. We walked till we came to the edge of the cliff our bus rolled down. Some parts were really steep, and others a rocky path, others flat ledges. I looked up dubiously and then at Mikey. He looked back at me and then the cliff. Neither of us wanted to climb it. I didn’t even think it was necessary, but Mikey seemed hell-bent on finding his brother. He couldn’t lose him. So I grabbed at a rock and pulled myself up…

MIKEY’S POV.
I climb onto a ledge and stop, sitting down and panting. We’re at leat 20 feet off the ground now. But I’m not going to stop. I know we might not even find Gerard up here, but it’s worth trying if we do. I have to find him. I’ve barely spoken to him in weeks over a thing that should have been solved in minutes. I let pride get in the way of family, and if I never get a chance to tell him how much I love him ever again, I’ll fucking die.
Sign up to rate and review this story