Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Roxanna

Attack

by xxACoalminexx 4 reviews

An escape and an attack...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-03-09 - Updated: 2008-03-10 - 1313 words

0Unrated
The next few minutes passed with me blurting the whole situation, making no attempt to shut my incredibly large mouth when I reached the part about Nesbit. Frankie’s expression first held confusion, but it was soon blanketed with what anyone would have predicted. Fear. Fear of me, mostly. His beer can even fell from his hand to the ground, pouring out alcohol onto the dried leaves. I couldn’t blame him for it. After all, I’d pretty much told him that I’d gotten one of his best friends involved in cold hearted murder and now was slowly dragging him into the sinking pit as well. I had to leave his presence immediately, before I blabbered anything more. I shuffled my feet, turning around. I gave him a small wave when my back was to him and began my walk to the police station.

“Hey, hold on!” Frankie yelled from behind.

I froze as I heard the sound of crunching leaves. He soon cut in front of me, as if to block the way. If I’d wanted to, I could have shoved him, but I thought the guy deserved a break. My arms crossed over my chest in standard female position.

“So…Mikey’s like…in jail? All alone? Suffering? For something he didn’t do?” Frank said, not looking me straight in the eye.

I would have laughed if it hadn’t been for the seriousness of his tone and just the entire situation, “Pretty much.”

“Oh…” he muttered, almost too softly.

His eyes looked ready to spew out an endless river of tears, but his fists were clenched at his sides with determination. I bit my lip, regretting ever beating him up all those times. It was impossible, now, to imagine how I could have punched such a cute face. A sudden pang of guilt hit me hard. After all those times I’d ridiculed him, he never even said a single retort; never attempted a counterstrike. God, I was a bitch. I felt like I owed him so much. A funny feeling began gripping my stomach. I felt like I needed to hurl. Quickly, I pushed him out of the way, taking hard steps towards my destination for the second time. Soon I heard Frankie’s footsteps behind me. Since I’d already screwed up so badly, I decided against protesting. I didn’t have the strength to argue anyway.

We approached the large building from behind, moonlight our only guide. From experience, I knew the location of the exact room the cops would take Mikey to. A light poured out through the window, piercing into the dark night. I stood as far as possible away from the glass and still take a glance inside. My eyes met the back of Mikey’s head. He was sitting in a chair, positioned to face iron bars. Further ahead, I could see a police officer, leaning against the entryway and munching on a donut. His glazed eyes bore into Mikey. I guessed he was guarding the kid until Officer Love got there. The man was chubby and looked pretty dumb. It wouldn’t be too hard to beat him.

I turned to Frank, “Find me a rock. We gotta break the window.”

He scurried away instantly, searching the ground nearby. He disappeared behind a bush and soon emerged with my bidding in hand. He threw it in my direction. It missed by about a foot and hit the window instead. Glass went shattering everywhere, some shards flying into my hair. Frankie apologized loudly, rushing to my side. He pulled my arm away from my head, to which it had instinctively rushed. Thankfully, the glass was too far away for any to reach my face or arms. By this time, the fat cop seemed to have noticed the broken window and stuck his double chin out.

“Hey! What’re you kids doing?”

Frankie leaned in to my ear to whisper, “Can I punch him?”

I told him to go ahead. The cop staggered backwards, moaning in pain at a punch that didn’t even look very firm. I frowned a little bit, just not understanding what had become of the police department lately. Not wasting any time, I hopped into the room. Frankie followed behind me. Mikey’s expression was shocked when he stared at the both of us, but I think it was mostly Frankie whom he was surprised upon seeing. The spectacled boy stood up, pushing his chair back. It was a unanimous decision that we’d flee right now. Unfortunately, the fat cop wasn’t as stupid as he had seemed earlier. He apparently buzzed into his little walkie-talkie, calling all his police buddies for assistance. Hurried footsteps of boots rushed closer to us, until they reached the iron bars. Mikey, Frankie, and I sort of just stood there staring while the police men fumbled around with their keys, trying to find the correct one to unlock the cell.

Finally, Mikey muttered, “Shouldn’t we get out of here now?”

Things went faster from there. The three of us quickly jumped out of the broken window. Some glass dug into my arm in the process, but I refrained from worrying about it because the cops turned out to be pretty quick themselves. I could hear their voices behind us. We didn’t have much of a head start and the case looked hopeless. I was tempted to simply stop running and surrender, but I decided Gerard would get pretty mad if I did. Panting, I strained to hurry my pace. Frankie and Mikey had more energy than me and were a good few yards away. The woods soon came into the scene and the two boys vanished into it. Once I reached the large, looming trees, they were gone. And I had no idea where to go. Panicking, I ran in a random direction. It didn’t matter if I was totally off track, because it would throw the cops off anyway. Minutes passed and the surroundings were becoming awfully familiar. Murmurs of the policemen had faded away. Now, the night sounds were the ones freaking me out.

I shuddered, listening to the hooting owls. I wandered around the winding paths of leaves aimlessly. Once again, I thought I felt somebody following me. This time, I had a feeling it wasn’t Frankie. Retreating into my hood, I hastened. It didn’t exactly help that I had no idea where I was going. The possibly imaginary footsteps grew louder and closer. I froze in a clearing between the trees, scanning the woods for any signs of my stalker. A rustle from a bush caused my eyes to dart there. Another hooded figure stepped out. This time, the man was large and broad-chested. His face was masked with what looked like a black cloth. My heartbeat sped up as I wobbled backwards. Pivoting on my heel, I attempted to make a run for it. However, my assaulter grabbed me by my hair and tugged. A scream escaped my mouth.

“Roxanna?” A different voice shouted from somewhere.

My attacker seemed to be annoyed by this because he thrust me away from him. My head was spinning as I slammed into what I thought was a tree. The rough surface scratched against my forehead as I slid downwards. On the ground, my consciousness was leaving me. There were shouts and a few yelps of pain. Finally, I heard a number of shuffling feet, one pair away from me and one pair towards me. Strong arms picked me up. I had this tiny sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that it was my assailant.

____________

Hey sorry I haven't written in like, a month, maybe more. Like really sorry. If any of you are still reading, I'd like a review...
Sign up to rate and review this story